New Pool Room Need Advice

nichollss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking about opening a new pool room with about 11 9' Diamond Pro Am tables in it. The location is in south Georgia. Seeking any advice for success. I will serve beer and deli type subs and probably hot dogs. Keeping it real simple. I would put up a few tv's and a couple of dart boards. I have found a shopping center, beside Walmart, with a space of about 3500sqft. The rent is around 3600 a month. This would be the nicest of all three pool rooms in this town and the best location for higher class business and good parking. You would be able to see the Billiards sign from the expressway at night very easily. Looking for any advice whether good or bad as long as it logical. I would have a shoe in for alot of players that are looking for good equipment to play on. Nothing is guaranteed but I would like to know I was well prepared before I sink my money into something like this.

Also, Roads player would be welcome.

Thanks for any advice.

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For information

nichollss said:
Thinking about opening a new pool room with about 11 9' Diamond Pro Am tables in it. The location is in south Georgia. Seeking any advice for success. I will serve beer and deli type subs and probably hot dogs. Keeping it real simple. I would put up a few tv's and a couple of dart boards. I have found a shopping center, beside Walmart, with a space of about 3500sqft. The rent is around 3600 a month. This would be the nicest of all three pool rooms in this town and the best location for higher class business and good parking. You would be able to see the Billiards sign from the expressway at night very easily. Looking for any advice whether good or bad as long as it logical. I would have a shoe in for alot of players that are looking for good equipment to play on. Nothing is guaranteed but I would like to know I was well prepared before I sink my money into something like this.

Also, Roads player would be welcome.

Thanks for any advice.

There is a subforum section on this forum. Look under Pool Room owner discussions and go to those threads. You will find lots of information and a lot of suggestions and advice in old threads and newer ones. You will have to look around.