Not for sale, just looking for current value

I have 2 Predator first edition/generation 314 shafts,, fit Schon thread. I think I paid about $200-225 or so for them. I have had them more than 25 years. One was my player, the other a backup. Both in good to great shape. I can't recall the tips, but probably Mooris. Just curious, thanks for your comments.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have 2 Predator first edition/generation 314 shafts,, fit Schon thread. I think I paid about $200-225 or so for them. I have had them more than 25 years. One was my player, the other a backup. Both in good to great shape. I can't recall the tips, but probably Mooris. Just curious, thanks for your comments.
I would think $150-175 each used, $200-225 each to someone who really needs to replace their playing cue shaft. They could sell for more, but this what I think they are worth at this time, for what it is worth. Looking forward to others opinions. respectfully, Shooter08

shooter_Hans

I would think $150-175 each used, $200-225 each to someone who really needs to replace their playing cue shaft. They could sell for more, but this what I think they are worth at this time, for what it is worth. Looking forward to others opinions. respectfully, Shooter08
I think this is it.

With predator nothing will hold value because they keep releasing new stuff and everyone seem to buy the latest and greatest.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I paid $225 for a shaft 25 years ago and I can get $175 for it today, that’s not to bad.
With inflation, that 225 was more like 450 today. So it's really 450->175. On the other hand, you also got 25yrs of use out of it. So, I agree, not too bad.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What sports equipment appreciates in value over time ?
a cue just a tool used to do a job.
I know a SW will be worth 4x from the 80’s but that is an exception and is really just a collectors item.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are some predator fanatics that will pay more for a 314-1 than the later 314-2 and 314-3 shafts. These are few and far between, IMO. This was before the Revo shafts took over, also.

Do your shafts have the 1" long ferrule, or the .75" long ferrule? If 1" long, a collector may also pay a premium.