OB1 and OB Classic shaft question.

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
I have an OB1 shaft that the ferrule chipped out on and am going to have the ferrule replaced. Is the only difference between the OB-1 and the Classic the ferrule material?

I like the way the OB-1 plays, but could stand to have a little more feel. I see that several people like the Classic better for this reason. I have considered having more of a traditional ferrule installed but thought I would ask for opinions here before I made the move.

Woody

taemin952

XiaoTing Pan's Soulmate
Silver Member
OB-1 and OB-2 shafts use a laminated maple ferrule and very low mass materials on the inside of the tip end of the shaft. The OB Classic and OB Pro use a short, thin wall thermoplastic ferrule which is also combined with very low mass materials on the inside of the front of the shaft. The effect of both designs is very low tip end mass for extremely low cue ball deflection. Both the OB Classic and Classic Pro use a ¼” White XTC Ferrule.

Attachments

• OB Shafts and Details.jpg
    OB Shafts and Details.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OB1 and OB2 shafts are cored lengthwise with a vibration dampening material. The OB classic shafts do not have this core, they are solid. So they are very different shafts. Changing the ferrule will not make the OB1 feel like an OB classic.

taemin952

XiaoTing Pan's Soulmate
Silver Member
+1 Classic Series is wood cored!

The OB1 and OB2 shafts are cored lengthwise with a vibration dampening material. The OB classic shafts do not have this core, they are solid. So they are very different shafts. Changing the ferrule will not make the OB1 feel like an OB classic.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Classic and the 1 have the modified pro taper.

Last edited: