Official statement from Bebot Bautista Custom Cue

dgem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sucka's.....Why anyone would send $900 to a 3rd world country for a "quality" product, is what's suprising to me. That's one high dollar boomerang,lol....I've yet to see anything come from any 3rd world country that could hold a candle to american quality, or stand the test of time. Buy american, or wish you had!

excuse me mr danutz don't generalize. Imo, 3rd world countries like us could produce quality products. You just have to find who does and does not. And in this matter, it was not an issue of product quality but an issue of mismanagement. I guess even anywhere in the world can mis manage their business at some point.

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
I looked up Mervin's profile and saw that he was online yesterday but he has not posted on this thread in 3 days. I wounder why that is?
Oh let me guess, I believe in their mind they thought we were going to blame Les for everything letting them off the hook. Bebot, show some dignity step up to the plate
and openly make the statement that everyone showing proof of payment for a cue order will have their cues built.

Winston846

Aspiring 14.1 Player
Silver Member
I do free-lance web development and PMd mErViN a couple days ago offering to help get a new website up and running and haven't got a response.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Who is liable for the money is a function of the business relationship.

Relationship:
#1. Sales Agent. Manufacture invoices and handles all the money. Agent gets percentage of sale after being paid. - Responsible party Manufacturer.

#2. Buy-Resale (Classic Retail/Wholesale environment). Les buys and marks up product. He handles all orders in and out. Responsible party Les...this can even extend to warranty issues (depending on the deal struck)

#3 Employee - Hourly or Commission based. Manufacturer is always liable for transaction etc.

lalackyums

Registered
I emailed him on Friday night also and no response. After all of this mess, I would not order any cues internationally again. Learned my lesson.

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
Who is liable for the money is a function of the business relationship.

Relationship:
#1. Sales Agent. Manufacture invoices and handles all the money. Agent gets percentage of sale after being paid. - Responsible party Manufacturer.

#2. Buy-Resale (Classic Retail/Wholesale environment). Les buys and marks up product. He handles all orders in and out. Responsible party Les...this can even extend to warranty issues (depending on the deal struck)

#3 Employee - Hourly or Commission based. Manufacturer is always liable for transaction etc.

I would say Les fell into the #1
The website was www.bebotcustomcues.weebly.com
Les was clearly listed as the customer service/sales agent for all international sales.

#2 would be like "superiorcues.com" "indyq.com" etc.......

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joyren,
You are missing the whole point. This has nothing to do with Les. I know people want to make it about Les because he was the point of contact, however in business the responsible party is the owner in this case that would be Bebot.
The issues between Les and Bebot are just that, internal company issues.
Bebot and Mervin want us to believe that Les stole our money and nothing could be future from the truth. If money was stolen, it was stolen from Bebot not us because in business the owner takes full responsibility for the actions of his employees.
See I don't wanna here that Les did this or that, it's not my business that is between Les & Bebot. All I wanna hear is Bebot taking responsibility for his internal business issues and openly telling everyone they will receive the cue that they paid for.
This is not personal it's business :thumbup:

You hit it right on the head bro. Bebot owes these people, not Les. As for what Les owes and to who, thats between him and Bebot as you said. Its that simple. Otherwise Bebot would be just like any other scammer on this board.

danutz

Banned
Might I also add that your buy American statement should insinuate patriotism and support for your local economy and not that of superiority..
Nothing wrong with supporting your local economy and encouraging it, I'd that it's a good gesture but your post was simply saying no one else's outside America made decent product.... When you make statements like this I really wonder how often you read the papers or travel out of your home town...ever left to country?

I buy american whenever possible:) and i absolutely hate when i have to buy something made in a openly communist country such as china, because it's all i can find. I dont even think one us company makes a tv in the us anymore:(
You will never find a car in my driveway made in japan either, unlike alot of us , i remember pearl harbor from history class:) But anyhow, it's not that i think Bebot is a bad craftsman persay, it's more that i think wood is highly susceptable to climate change. It's just not smart to buy a piece of wood from halfway around the world, and expect it to stay straight for any length of time. That, and the fact that i saw a video once of a cuemaker from there somewhere, where he had little kids cutting points in with freaking stones:(
Plus, i know if i went there, i could probably buy a dozen cues or more for that $900 Probably more like 3 dozen.

resurrecta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys,
let's focus on the matters what it's all about.... If you want to talk about third world, ask yourself where Nike got some of their quality from...
Anyways, it's not about that.
We have a clear situation. We have Les that accepted customers' money but never passed on the orders or the money to Bebott. Les even actually admits most of it on the other thread and claims to offer a replacement cue from some other maker. Which in my opinion isn't a fair trade. If I ordered a Mercedes, don't send me a BMW.... if you get my point.
Who is responsable.... Yeah Bebott is responsable for assigning his contact person. But he or his sons are to be blaimed because someone screwed them over. If this were a big business company, there would be insurances for that kind of behaviour of employees. But this is a workshop that builds custom cues and needs to have money for the raw material aswell.
I do think Bebott should adress the local authorities as Les obviously think International Law can't really sue him. And maybe Bebott can recover some money doing so...
Meanwhile, if you paid alot of money (700,800,900.... dollars)... I think you deserve your cue. Because some people are rich, but even for some people in the Western nations, that's still alot of money for a working guy.
I only await the official statement if they will build the remaining cues or not. I expect them to, since Mr. Bautista's reputation is on the line..... But I honestly don't know if he even has the right raw materials to do it...
Let's hope we get some sort of official statement about it.
When they found out in January about my complaint, mr. Bautista started catching up my cues works. I have even been told, this is the case for some other people too. I just assume a few more customers have turned up since the official statement has been made... So the work load is very have. I'm just saying, from what I can see, mr. Bautista and sons are helpful and try to reinstate their reputation.

Last edited:

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joyren,
You are missing the whole point. This has nothing to do with Les. I know people want to make it about Les because he was the point of contact, however in business the responsible party is the owner in this case that would be Bebot.
The issues between Les and Bebot are just that, internal company issues.
Bebot and Mervin want us to believe that Les stole our money and nothing could be future from the truth. If money was stolen, it was stolen from Bebot not us because in business the owner takes full responsibility for the actions of his employees.
See I don't wanna here that Les did this or that, it's not my business that is between Les & Bebot. All I wanna hear is Bebot taking responsibility for his internal business issues and openly telling everyone they will receive the cue that they paid for.
This is not personal it's business :thumbup:

I get your point sir, same here nothing personal, just thinking of business side

mErViN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like IMO Bebot has no intention of taking responsibility for this issue and he clearly does not understand how business works.
Bebot please prove me wrong, come on here and tell your customers that you are man of honor, dignity and that you will do what's right.

hi there sir jim,.. to make things clear we had no intentions to run away with all this mess that les has already doned to my father,. i have kept my silence not because we want stay away with the issue,. its just that we had to work double time now as we were about 20-25cues behind in our cue orders that are in-progress, i believe my dad told les to forward that pink ivory to you so that we can move on,. we have settled that issue to les,.

to everyone,.. i know this is really a stressful one part of the issue,. but i assure you that we were workin on this matter so hard to resolve all this issue with les for us to be able to set free and move on,. i am only asking for more understanding and patience with all of those whom who had made a deal with les,..

thank you and best regards,

mervin

D Rock

Registered
Yes.. i agree with you on many point..and it will suit if Bebot is educated enough to know how bussiness supposed to be and financial good enough to take a responsible of the mess.

But, i have a different kind of view.. Many person in asia is not educated enough to know how the bussiness rules. Why? because many of them don't go to school. Many of them are just a simple person that only know trustworthy, and hard work to feed their family. if you have an experience to travel along south east asia country, you will know what i'm talking about.

So, Let's pretend that bebot is one of that kind of man.. Les come with his idea to bring the old man to the international bussiness and promise to take care everything. He trust him for every action he made, and after a while les is screwed everything. Maybe, if bebot financial good, he will take the responsible. But, i believe many cuemaker in Phillipine is not good in financial.

of course this is just my view of this situation. Why i can have this kind of view. Simply because, i have a bad experience to deal with Les and i got a feeling that this man is not honest and always make an excuse for the customer and i don't have any experience with bebot. But i could be wrong. maybe bebot is the one who quilty in this mess.

before we know what is exactly going on here. i warn people to avoid doing businees with both party.

its YOU MR SENGKUN who is missing the point!!! The issue here was focus on LES and Bebot Team on questionable transactions and you are talking and insulting our country this is a foul cry !!! Why not look up yourself too! I have gone to your country and worst to see your mess too. This is a simple issue on mismanagement and do not put a bad thinking out of your balls !!!

D Rock

sengkun108

sengkun108
Silver Member
its YOU MR SENGKUN who is missing the point!!! The issue here was focus on LES and Bebot Team on questionable transactions and you are talking and insulting our country this is a foul cry !!! Why not look up yourself too! I have gone to your country and worst to see your mess too. This is a simple issue on mismanagement and do not put a bad thinking out of your balls !!!

D Rock

i'm sorry...but i never have an intention to insult your country. it's a fact that many people in SOUTH EAST ASIA region is not educated enough..(like it or not) except Singapore of course. And, if you carefully read my post, you will find that what i'm talking about is focus on les and bebot.

Please read the whole post, before make any comment. i'm sorry if my english is not good. But, it is wise for you to read it carefully.

dgem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I buy american whenever possible:) and i absolutely hate when i have to buy something made in a openly communist country such as china, because it's all i can find. I dont even think one us company makes a tv in the us anymore:(
You will never find a car in my driveway made in japan either, unlike alot of us , i remember pearl harbor from history class:) But anyhow, it's not that i think Bebot is a bad craftsman persay, it's more that i think wood is highly susceptable to climate change. It's just not smart to buy a piece of wood from halfway around the world, and expect it to stay straight for any length of time. That, and the fact that i saw a video once of a cuemaker from there somewhere, where he had little kids cutting points in with freaking stones:(
Plus, i know if i went there, i could probably buy a dozen cues or more for that $900 Probably more like 3 dozen.

wow, seems to me you know a lot about Philippines. $900 for 3 dozen of cues? If you buy these then don't bash around after about warping cues. You get what you pay for simple as that.

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
hi there sir jim,.. to make things clear we had no intentions to run away with all this mess that les has already doned to my father,. i have kept my silence not because we want stay away with the issue,. its just that we had to work double time now as we were about 20-25cues behind in our cue orders that are in-progress, i believe my dad told les to forward that pink ivory to you so that we can move on,. we have settled that issue to les,.

to everyone,.. i know this is really a stressful one part of the issue,. but i assure you that we were workin on this matter so hard to resolve all this issue with les for us to be able to set free and move on,. i am only asking for more understanding and patience with all of those whom who had made a deal with les,..

thank you and best regards,

mervin

There is a DHL package on it's way to me and I will post what I received on Friday. My posts on this thread are not just about my situation, I believe that my words speak for just about everyone who have found them selfs with the same issues.

D Rock

Registered
i'm sorry...but i never have an intention to insult your country. it's a fact that many people in SOUTH EAST ASIA region is not educated enough..(like it or not) except Singapore of course. And, if you carefully read my post, you will find that what i'm talking about is focus on les and bebot.

Please read the whole post, before make any comment. i'm sorry if my english is not good. But, it is wise for you to read it carefully.

All i want to say Mr SENGKUN is be specific on what you are talking and saying...I'M A PROFESSIONAL MECHANICAL ENGINEER and it did pinch deep in my heart coz im a true bloodied filipino. Uneducated person is more than good person to transact business ONLY those who has that illed-will mentality does a corrupt...

D Rock

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Not sure where all this hate is coming from but there are thousands of Helmstetter and Adams cues that are between 5-30 years old that are perfectly straight after many years of use in the USA. Mezz puts out super high quality cues, Fury and Lucasi both now have lifetime guarantees against warpage.

China is "communist" in name only. The economy is capitalist.

Keith Andy in Japan is making some of the best cues in the world.

Rays Chin in Taiwan is making some of the best cues in the world.

Edwin Reyes (R.I.P.) made some of the best cues in the world in the Philippines.

This is a thread about problems with the business side of cue making not the quality side of cue making. When it comes to quality side you are out of the loop with your comments.

And it's a bit ludicrous to hold a WHOLE country responsible for the actions of past governments. You remember Pearl Harbor? Ok so what do you think that the Japanese ought to think about Nagasaki and Hiroshima? Don't you think that us killing millions of them including civilians like that is retribution enough? If we go down that road then we can say that every country should be at perpetual war with every other country for atrocities committed against each other.

Why not leave the thread alone and keep this flag-waving hoo-rah nonsense to yourself so that the parties in question can work out their business dealings between themselves?

And with that I will follow my own advice and say that I hope it all works out because it's a sad and tough situation for everyone concerned.

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You remember Pearl Harbor? Ok so what do you think that the Japanese ought to think about Nagasaki and Hiroshima? Don't you think that us killing millions of them including civilians like that is retribution enough?

Hate to get off topic here but I dont care what the Japanese think about the atomic bomb. They were warned, but the "great" Hirohito chose not to surrender and thought we wouldnt do it. He could have stopped all of that but chose not to. We needed to end the war, and by God we did.

Plus none of that would have happened if they didnt kill innocent military men and woman, and innocent civilians at Pearl Harbor. I dont hold anything against the Japanese these days, to me they paid their price for their actions and I'll agree with you there. They suffered and paid their price and now they pretty much OWN America......lol.