Old Micarta Cue Ball??????

Brickman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEY GUYS....I was wondering ,did they ever use the " old micarta " to make cue balls back in the day??? I found an Old yellow cue ball at an antique store and thought I would see if this is the same material that was used for the ferrules and Joints of old??

I know I havent had much luck in getting anyone to answer any of my questions....but if someone can take a second and help me out I would really appreciate it:) :) :)

I can send pics by email if needed, as I cant post pics, but the ball is very yellow and very similar to the old ferrules , and in very good shape :) :) , and would make for some good ferrules or a joint or two. :D :cool:

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP :) :)

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Brickman said:
HEY GUYS....I was wondering ,did they ever use the " old micarta " to make cue balls back in the day??? I found an Old yellow cue ball at an antique store and thought I would see if this is the same material that was used for the ferrules and Joints of old??

I know I havent had much luck in getting anyone to answer any of my questions....but if someone can take a second and help me out I would really appreciate it:) :) :)

I can send pics by email if needed, as I cant post pics, but the ball is very yellow and very similar to the old ferrules , and in very good shape :) :) , and would make for some good ferrules or a joint or two. :D :cool:

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP :) :)
hey scotty, my buddy is here,
he's a certified cue stick genius (his words) :rolleyes: .
he says it's definately not micarta.
probably a phenolic resin.
by the way, i got one too.
took a chance on ebay thinking it might be ivory.
it wasn't!! boo!!!

Last edited:

Brickman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BHQ said:
hey scotty, my buddy is here,
he's a certified cue stick genius (his words) :rolleyes: .
he says it's definately not micarta.
probably a phenolic resin.
by the way, i got one too.
took a chance on ebay thinking it might be ivory.
it wasn't!! boo!!!

WELL....$2.18 for it so I am not out too much :D :D :D Sure looks like it though :confused: :confused: Well I may still make a few ferruls out of it.......I was going to tell you anyway, so I will just go ahead and say it here.

If I can get a few more deer horns, I am going to try and make you a few Buckhorn ferrules and bring them with me when I come. I wanted to do this because the Brunswicks havent worked out yet, and I dont think any of them are Titlists anyway, so I thought maybe a few of my Buckhorn Ivory ferrules would have to do to replace the promised cue. :D :D ......I KNOW, I KNOW You dont want anything , but you will enjoy putting these ferrules on your cues they add a very crisp hit, with a nice natural tink sound. :D :D

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Brickman said:
WELL....$2.18 for it so I am not out too much :D :D :D Sure looks like it though :confused: :confused: Well I may still make a few ferruls out of it.......I was going to tell you anyway, so I will just go ahead and say it here.

If I can get a few more deer horns, I am going to try and make you a few Buckhorn ferrules and bring them with me when I come. I wanted to do this because the Brunswicks havent worked out yet, and I dont think any of them are Titlists anyway, so I thought maybe a few of my Buckhorn Ivory ferrules would have to do to replace the promised cue. :D :D ......I KNOW, I KNOW You dont want anything , but you will enjoy putting these ferrules on your cues they add a very crisp hit, with a nice natural tink sound. :D :D
bring the deer. i'm hungry!!! :D