Pool Cues that Tell a Story

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Does anyone know of any pool cues that tell a story, of an era, other than the "City of Lights" / "Road Agent" / "Road Warrior" / MS-3 / HOF-6 (Hall of Fame #6) by Robert Meucci?

I am not aware of any, other than maybe the slight impression that some of his other cues, like the David Howard (Giant Slayer), King James (Jim Rempe), and the "Indian Warrior" (Tomahawk) give.

I did recently see an older McDermott with an inlayed bullet, in the active Baltimore Bullet thread. I'm not sure what the meaning of that is, but as always I am curious. Oh yeh, and a McDermott (on ebay maybe?) recently, that had an inlaid duck.

Thanks

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
great story cue

Do a search on here for "JoeyA" "POWMIA". Simply the greatest story cue I have ever seen and he has a matching case.

Hu

whitey2 said:
Does anyone know of any pool cues that tell a story, of an era, other than the "City of Lights" / "Road Agent" / "Road Warrior" / MS-3 / HOF-6 (Hall of Fame #6) by Robert Meucci?

I am not aware of any, other than maybe the slight impression that some of his other cues, like the David Howard (Giant Slayer), King James (Jim Rempe), and the "Indian Warrior" (Tomahawk) give.

I did recently see an older McDermott with an inlayed bullet, in the active Baltimore Bullet thread. I'm not sure what the meaning of that is, but as always I am curious. Oh yeh, and a McDermott (on ebay maybe?) recently, that had an inlaid duck.

Thanks

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Sopranos actor launched his own line of pool cues. They're called "A Cue to Die For": http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/12/04/sopranos-actor-launches-his-own-line-of-pool-sticks/

He took a lot of heat from the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation for the name of his cue, and it caused controversy.

Joseph Gannascoli, the actor who played a gay mobster on Sopranos, has appeared at several pool events. I think he was at Valley Forge at the SBE and was supposed to show up at the U.S. Open. I missed the Open that year, and so I don't know if he showed.

The "to Die For" slogan has been used for other, less sensational Gannascoli-endorsed products. His mobster novel is called "A Meal to Die For" and he will soon have a cigar lined branded with "A Cigar to Die For," according to his Web site: http://www.josephrgannascoli.com/

JAM

Attachments

• 09-08-20052011_36_[1].jpg
    09-08-20052011_36_[1].jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 213

QMAKER

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Silver Member
Historic Pool Cues

whitey2 said:

Thanks

I am currently building 4 cues made from the teak planking off the USS California BB-44. This ship was built in 1915 to 1920 and was sunk at Pearl Harbor. She later fought at Okinawa, Siam, Tinean and the Marriannas.
She had quite a history before being sold for salvage in 1959. Below is a
pic of the piece before I cut it into 4 handle billets.

Bob Flynn
denalicues.com
International Cuemakers Assoc.

TEAKPICAJPEG.jpg