Pool-Snooker poll..........

What game, pool/snooker, do you play the most?

• A.Pool

• B.Snooker

Results are only viewable after voting.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trying to get a rough idea what the pool-to-snooker player ratio is here on AZ. I'm talking about the game you play the most of. Thanks folks....

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always been 100% pool for me. And i live in the UK. Only once when i had to play snooker, as there was nothing else to play, for about 6 months, i didn't have access to pool at the time. I just knew i needed to be on some thing with pockets!!
So happy when i found a new pool table.

George the Greek

I played snooker for most of my life and from the early 90's to 2021 played both and haven't really played at all since. Looking forward to getting a 9ft once the new house is finished.

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd be interested to try snooker, but no idea where. I do know that my usual stops don't have it.

Saw a guy bring his own set of balls into the room and he used one of the 9 foot tables, but that was during an APA TriCup, and I was otherwise occupied, so didn't really learn anything that time.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool only, for me, as I don't have access (that I know of) to a snooker table. I have a pool table at home, so it is rare when I actually go to a pool room. And I don't really "play" anyone. Mostly just practice by myself.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Almost like logging into a Ford forum and asking who prefers a Chevy...lol

I think like nearly everyone else in this situation. If snooker was my main game, I would not frequent AZB. Nearly zero applicable content.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Pool for me as well. There is no snooker in my area. We have a golf table but its been set-up strictly for golf with pool balls.
Strange….when I was a kid, I was 90% snooker player….and two of the biggest wins I had were in your state…..
Herman in Oklahoma City and Louie the Greek in Bartlesville.
Snooker was a big game back then in most of America…..never felt like a pool player till I started playing with a 12 mm….
……in the 70s…..then I was open to a lot of games.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost like logging into a Ford forum and asking who prefers a Chevy...lol

I think like nearly everyone else in this situation. If snooker was my main game, I would not frequent AZB. Nearly zero applicable content.
I agree. there is a snooker sub-forum but it has only 136 pages of content compared to main forum's 7600+. there's a method to my madness and i'm getting a good take based on what i was looking for.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Strange….when I was a kid, I was 90% snooker player….and two of the biggest wins I had were in your state…..
Herman in Oklahoma City and Louie the Greek in Bartlesville.
Snooker was a big game back then in most of America…..never felt like a pool player till I started playing with a 12 mm….
……in the 70s…..then I was open to a lot of games.
Never knew LTG but i know guys from B'ville that do. Herman the German was a character. He was playing damn near til he died.

Rusty in Montana

I play pool way more than I've ever played snooker , I enjoyed playing snooker but the opportunity just isn't available for any regular basis to play it more often .

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have periods. I play pool most of time but sometimes i got buzz from another game. Played more snooker 2017 than pool and then got my 147, 2 times. Then kinda lost interest for that because practice was so repetitive. Then I played some Finnish Kaisa and did well on tournaments and won bunch of ranking tourneys and one Finnish Champs and got couple other medals too. Now I play mostly carom alongside of pool and I feel it is making me better on pool so i gonna keep doing it :)

Flakeandrun

Always been 100% pool for me. And i live in the UK. Only once when i had to play snooker, as there was nothing else to play, for about 6 months, i didn't have access to pool at the time. I just knew i needed to be on some thing with pockets!!
So happy when i found a new pool table.
Where in the Uk do you play?

Flakeandrun

This year I've played snooker maybe twice a month, prior to that I only played snooker for about 15 years.
I enjoy each game for different reasons.
I feel like the two options in the poll are a bit too restrictive.