Pro Golf meets Pool

hig3

Registered
Maybe we, in the pool world, should ask Mr. Vijay Singh, currently ranked #1 in the WORLD male pro golfer, what he thinks we should do to bring Pool & Billiards, both amateur and professional, to the next level. After all, in the Friday, September 10, 2004 edition of USA TODAY, when asked what his hobbies were, he responded, and I quote: I love to play pool, 9-ball.
I have been running an amateur 9-Ball Tour in the S. E. United States for the past 8 years, and although we are partnered with a great Title Tour Sponsor, FURY CUES, as well as excellent media partners in Inside Pool Magazine, Pool & Billiard Magazine, and numerous websites, it is my opinion, we must go outside of the billiard industry for financial sponsorship and in doing so, promote and maintain a promising image for our sport.
If there are any marketing professionals out there in pool land that feel the same way I do about this matter, please post or send me a private email. This all has been said before, but doggonnit', now it's time to act.
Let's pull together and work towards a common goal. My mission statement is simple, "Exceed Your Expectations"
Check out our website at home.gate.net/~higgins3@gate.net
email kbp_amateur9-ball@gate.net

KBP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pro Golf meets Pool

How about some response to this guys? Have I got to make posts to myself about this very important issue?

Maybe Johnny needs to get in touch with Vijay when the Tour Championship comes to Atlanta this year. I don't know whether they'll be able to put their heads together on anything, but at least Vijay would get just as big a thrill playing pool with Johnny as Johnny would being out on the range or course with Vijay. Both could learn from each other and have a blast...are you reading this Johnny?

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
KBP said:
How about some response to this guys? Have I got to make posts to myself about this very important issue?

Behind every counter, in every Pool Hall, is a shelf full of chips, candy, pop & beer. Those guys are the silent collectors of cash. The Pool Hall is too. There should be a Pool Room Owners Association, with "NATIONAL rules of engagement", plus internet activity to advertise Pool Tournaments & merchandise. The manufacturers of Pool Gear ought to be supplying some money or products as a sponsor too. I have given away BreakRAKs as a prize for the winner. I hope to become a regular sponsor on tour, very soon.

Every one of the Big Pool Rooms should have INVITATIONAL MATCHES. They provide airfare, & lodging for both Players. The winner gets a $1000, 2000 or more. Imagine this happenimng evry week for 50-100 players. The patrons all cough up $25 or more to watch & chat with the Pro before the match, buy shirts & videos from the Pro, get Pro signatures, the concession sponsors kick into the pot & the Pool Room owner gets a shot in the arm of excitement. Everyone could line up & play with the Pro for $10 - $20 a match 8 Ball.

That would be a start. When things get started, then big boys like car makers will want to play.