Ran Into THIS Guy at Pool League

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had no idea Mr. Sorvino was such an afficianado.
Thanks for all the great responses!

:thumbup:

Steve H.

he has a Gold Crown in his condo, he lives a couple miles from me, plays good. B- player

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paul plays about James Tolkien's speed he loves the game but is around a strong C to weak B player. His daughter also loves the game. Here is my ranking of all time entertainers playing ability.

1 James Garner (no one close played road player quality speed in his younger days)

2. Mark from Great white (great player)

3. Fred Astaire

4. Jerry Orbach

5. Flip Wilson

6. Jackie Gleason

7. Joe Rogan

8. Donald Sutherland

9. Kiefer Sutherland

10. Lee Marvin

Peter Faulk could play a bit as well, dont know where he lands on that list

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had no idea Mr. Sorvino was such an afficianado.
Thanks for all the great responses!

:thumbup:

Steve H.

this is how lame I am, I went to dinner with him Mike Sigel, the girls and a someone else, it was Valentines day I remember now, we couldnt get a reservation anywhere in LA, Mike knows Paul called him up and Paul said use my name, Mike calls back the restaurant a very popular LA hot spot. They said "What time and how many?" we couldnt have dont that with $1000. Mike and Paul go way back, back to how lame I am, I had no idea how he was, i didnt recognize him at all, super nice guy.

then at dinner he started singing and WOW he sings like Mike plays pool, it was amazing how powerful his voice is, he started low and kept getting louder and louder-it went on for 5-7 minutes, the place was packed and LOVED it, i had goose bumps.

the real kicker is there was one other actor there, the guy in COM at the end that Tom Cruise and his girl negoiate a game for later that night-one of the last scenes in the movie, that guy was there and on the way out i met him and shook his hand, it was a COM reunion cause Mike was technical advisor for that movie.

Had I not been there with Mike I wouldnt have recognized any of the actors. Mike plugged us in good that night. it was a fun night for sure.

Paul said that I could come by someday and play, i dont have his number, I know where he lives, its a VERY nice hgh rise building in West Hollywood. Mike said he is a better cook than anything, Paul agreed. I hope someday I can go meeet him and play/eat. Would be fun, but not sure that will happen.

I believe they met at the pool room in NYC Jude goes to, I think thats what they talked about, it was sometime back. Mike is fun to hang out with, i spoke to him on the phone only once, didnt know him until recently-we had fun. He was back in LA but I was in Europe and missed him, hopefully i'll see him again in LA and have a cool story to share, hope everyone enjoyed this one. How I fell into that i dont know, i'd rather be lucky than good!!

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paul plays about James Tolkien's speed he loves the game but is around a strong C to weak B player. His daughter also loves the game. Here is my ranking of all time entertainers playing ability.

1 James Garner (no one close played road player quality speed in his younger days)

2. Mark from Great white (great player)

3. Fred Astaire

4. Jerry Orbach

5. Flip Wilson

6. Jackie Gleason

7. Joe Rogan

8. Donald Sutherland

9. Kiefer Sutherland

10. Lee Marvin

I ran into Kiefer Sutherland once. It was a bit of a spectacle, actually. He walked into Broadway Billiards years ago back when it was pretty sleezy and had this large entourage with him and hangers-on. In fact, it was kinda funny because a couple of the girls following didn't know Kiefer and hadn't spoken to him all night but were going where ever he went. I can't say I remember much about his game other than hoping he'd ask one of us to gamble.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Nelly can play pool. But like a lot of pool players, has moved on to poker. Nelly used to come to BIlliards on Broadway in St Louis - basically the black pool room. His body guard, Big B, lifted up my car one night and moved it as a joke. I came outside and it was sitting sideways in the parking spot.

Here is Big B -- a mere 450 pounds of him

nelking12.jpg

You can tell from this video that Nelly has been around a pool table before.

http://24wired.tv/53410/t-i-tiny-the-family-hustle-2-03-billiards-bonus-clip/

I thought David Brenner could play as well.

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy who negotiates the late night game in COM as the "Akron Open" winner is also in Goodfellas as one of Henry's coke connections toward the end of the movie.

rjb1168

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ran into him in a strip club 8 ball tourney about 10 years ago and then found out he bought a small farm in my area. Im not sure he still has the farm or not.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Ran into him in a strip club 8 ball tourney about 10 years ago and then found out he bought a small farm in my area. Im not sure he still has the farm or not.

If he plays pool like I do, then he's probably "sold the farm" :D!!!

Maniac

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ran into Kiefer Sutherland once. It was a bit of a spectacle, actually. He walked into Broadway Billiards years ago back when it was pretty sleezy and had this large entourage with him and hangers-on. In fact, it was kinda funny because a couple of the girls following didn't know Kiefer and hadn't spoken to him all night but were going where ever he went. I can't say I remember much about his game other than hoping he'd ask one of us to gamble.

Kiefer was more a backer then anything else he loved to stir the action guys like Ernesto, Morro, King Kong, McCready, Geiler, Parica, and slews of others benefited from Kiefier in the pool room he would regularly put 10k sets in motion.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kiefer was more a backer then anything else he loved to stir the action guys like Ernesto, Morro, King Kong, McCready, Geiler, Parica, and slews of others benefited from Kiefier in the pool room he would regularly put 10k sets in motion.

You know what? When he walked in, there was that sort of buzz. Broadway Billiards was strictly for gambling and he looked way too comfortable; like he's been to poolrooms like that before. He obviously wasn't there to stir anything that time but I'm certain he was feeling it out.