San Diego Pool Halls?

C

chajodawg

Hey everybody, first time poster here, and I was wondering if anybody here knows of any good pool halls in the San Diego area.

I am a student at UCSD and to my dismay they are renovating the gameroom here, so I have to venture off campus to play pool. I have gone to a couple of places, but one was really bad, and the other is pretty far away. I am looking for a place that is an actual pool hall, not a bar, and that has a good selection of tables.

Thanks

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Hello. It isn't in the greatest of areas, but I think most of the players hang out at College Billiards. I haven't been to SD in a few years though, so I could be wrong. I think On Cue in La Mesa is in a better area, but I don't know what kind of condition the tables are in because I haven't been there in at least 6 or 7 years.

LastTwo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^ Hey Jimmy, I saw you play at that Riverside tournament. I think you gambled with some kid over there who plays jam-up and you drilled him for $500? Man you got some perfect mechanics! Nice shooting!

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
LastTwo said:
^ Hey Jimmy, I saw you play at that Riverside tournament. I think you gambled with some kid over there who plays jam-up and you drilled him for $500? Man you got some perfect mechanics! Nice shooting!

Thanks. We could only play one set because the place wasn't going to stay open after-hours. I like those tables in the back room! I wish we had some tight tables like that here in Phoenix!

C

chajodawg

I did get a chance to play at College Billiards, and it was a nice place. It was a little far though. Anybody else have suggestions?

Thanks

ajrack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a small pool room in downtown El Cajon...and has a cue repair shop...forget the name of the room.

N

nikki

College is the players room for San Diego, On Cue in La Mesa is good as well. Other recreational rooms are Gaslamp Billiards in Downtown and Society Billiards in PB.

maximillion

justa strokin!
Silver Member
Ive had the same problem, Im on Miramar but havent really found a close place to play and hate the traffic around here. Theres thousands of places with tables in SD but I think College Billiards is the best "Pool Hall" vs bar scene. I only go play about once a week now may not even that. But when I just want to knock some balls around 'Hungry Stick' on clairmont Mesa is alright. Tables arent the best but Its not to far of a drive.

Last edited: