Shipping Charges

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shipping a cue - you need to buy a strong 36 X3X3 minimum maybe 4X4 - good to put cue in a hard shipping tube and then in the box if no cue case. USPS priority about $35 depending on insurance if desired and locations. Fed Ex ground more like $25 also depending on both.- insurance above $100 always extra- I go with Fed Ex ground no extra insurance unless buyer pays - never lost a cue - about 60 shipments - cost $20 to about $25 if you open a Fed Ex account and print your own label or produce your own shipping QR code -

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have heard horror stories about trying to collect on lost insured items from USPS, UPS and FEDEX.
Any stories out there about actually being able to collect and what percentage of insurance was recovered?

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I have heard horror stories about trying to collect on lost insured items from USPS, UPS and FEDEX.
Any stories out there about actually being able to collect and what percentage of insurance was recovered?
I collected from USPS during COVID on a cue that was lost for 2 months. After I got paid the full amount the cue arrived. They never asked for the money back. I’ll post a link to that thread

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I collected once from UPS about 15 years ago on a damaged cue case shipped to me - both box and case clearly damaged and they still would not pay so I contacted UPS corporate office and went directly to VP of operations - I had to give them the damaged case but got my money back that I paid for the case.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most service firms today hide behind the internet wall when it comes to customer service issues- their front line faces are in foreign countries - all out sourced and second line supervisors are usually a brick wall if available at all - most corporate officers are now hidden even from website or internet searches and contacting them is near impossible. Collecting on residential shipping insurance today would probably be one’s worst string of headaches and frustration -

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Here’s my COVID thread.

Seemed to be controversial and I took some heat on this one for my opinion.

My point is that as a seller I don’t want to be responsible for the freight company. I don’t want to sell a $200 item only to get stuck spending hours upon hours dealing with freight claims and holding on line, etc.

So is it so wrong to ask the buyer to email their own shipping label?

Then title transfers the second I drop it off at shipper.

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm about to test the USPS Insurance and shipping refund adventure.

Shipped a shaft to Florida last week...a couple days after I shipped another one to California (both insured, via Priority Mail)

The shaft to California arrived in 2 days. The shaft to Florida flew into limbo, never to be seen again.

Have to wait 15 days, to file the claim. Curious to see who I have to fight, to recover my losses.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
pirateship.com - just make a Ground label there, it will be reasonable
If I had been using this service starting a couple years ago when I first heard of them I could have bought that 14k toilet I always wanted. :cool:(y)

Seriously, Pirate Shipping is the best by a couple cannon balls. Thx!

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
They are the only place that will actually pay insurance out, so don't spout bad advice
OK... I reported myself. I won't dispute that however USPS is the best way to receive an empty box or no box. What issue did you personally have with a UPS claim.
Speaking for myself USPS is not for me. Everyone can heed your warning. The post office is a shoe store.... It has a 1000 black and white loafers.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member

Shipped a shaft to Florida last week...a couple days after I shipped another one to California (both insured, via Priority Mail)

The shaft to California arrived in 2 days. The shaft to Florida flew into limbo, never to be seen again.

Have to wait 15 days, to file the claim. Curious to see who I have to fight, to recover my losses.
I shipped items Priority... USPS said delivered and the receiver got it about 2 weeks later.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

If you have proof of sale and your claim matches the sale price, it's basically automatic.

Package isn't considered lost until 30 days though

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you have proof of sale and your claim matches the sale price, it's basically automatic.

Package isn't considered lost until 30 days though

Per USPS website

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240524_090226_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240524_090226_Chrome.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 27

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few months back I put the dimensions in usps about possibly shipping a cue and it was about $65 insured foe apx $1500

Last edited:

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member
My point is that as a seller I don’t want to be responsible for the freight company. I don’t want to sell a $200 item only to get stuck spending hours upon hours dealing with freight claims and holding on line, etc.

So is it so wrong to ask the buyer to email their own shipping label?

Then title transfers the second I drop it off at shipper.
Up to the buyer I guess. I have done that as buyer with small items. You can state that when you advertise. Both have to be comfortable with that.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Up to the buyer I guess. I have done that as buyer with small items. You can state that when you advertise. Both have to be comfortable with that.
I sold a few of my 2nd cut very old maple shafts and the buyer is emailing a label. I think it's a good way to go. Not worth the headache if things go wrong on small stuff.

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member
I sold a few of my 2nd cut very old maple shafts and the buyer is emailing a label. I think it's a good way to go. Not worth the headache if things go wrong on small stuff.
It’s a 3 aspirin headache when the tracking begins. Do you are COMFORTABLE with.

someusername

Yeah, I'm curious about the price. I have a UPS Acct but rarely use it. Normally I use USPS and it used to be $15 to $25 ish. I heard they pumped up the price for 30" long and over packages. I'm going to put a package price together for the 3rd cut maple shafts I have and want to include shipping in the price.
Go sign up for PirateShip. It'll save you $$