Sigel-Varner Cues

rogelioii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know the history of this queue? I bought this from a retail game room shop about 3 years back. I have not seen anyone with this brand of cue yet, and was wondering if it was discontinued and why? For those of you who have used it, what did you think of it? As of now, I have manually hardened an elk-master tip on it, and I think, overall, it hits "OK", i guess about 6.5/10.
 

jazzn4444

the Unknown
Silver Member
rogelioii said:
Does anyone know the history of this queue? I bought this from a retail game room shop about 3 years back. I have not seen anyone with this brand of cue yet, and was wondering if it was discontinued and why? For those of you who have used it, what did you think of it? As of now, I have manually hardened an elk-master tip on it, and I think, overall, it hits "OK", i guess about 6.5/10.

do you have any pics of it? do you like the cue? have you played with any others that you like better? check out www.nickvarner.com
 

JAM

Pool and Snooker Railbird
Silver Member
I checked out Nick's website, but it seems to be under construction. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of his cues. :)

I'm not positively sure, but I think the Varner-Sigel cue may be, indeed, a rare one. Today, each player has their own line of cues, independent of the other. At one time when Varner moved to Florida, closeby to Mike Sigel, I think they were embarking on working together, but did not continue to fruition, for whatever reason.

JAM
 

jazzn4444

the Unknown
Silver Member
JAM said:
I checked out Nick's website, but it seems to be under construction. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of his cues. :)

I'm not positively sure, but I think the Varner-Sigel cue may be, indeed, a rare one. Today, each player has their own line of cues, independent of the other. At one time when Varner moved to Florida, closeby to Mike Sigel, I think they were embarking on working together, but did not continue to fruition, for whatever reason.

JAM
I haven't been there in about a month...maybe more. I can't remember where, but there was another website that had some of Varner's cues. I'll look for it and put it up if I can find where I was before. Jam, I tried to reply to your PM, but your mailbox was full. GRRRR :D
 

NOSAJ03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The production cues made by Mike Sigel and Nick Varner are different than the Sigel/Varner cues. A while ago they used to be partners and had a series of Sigel/Varner cues. They were production cues but very well made. You dont see them often and some might consider them collectible to some extent. I shot with one a long time ago but sold it, I regret it but what can you do. It was a pretty solid cue. It would have been definitely a keeper.
 

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The "sigel/varner" cues are made overseas and the production cues Mike Sigel sells are also made overseas, I believe they are made in china. Mike Sigel does sell custom cues which he makes at his shop in Orlando.
 

RON GEARY

Registered
rogelioii said:
Does anyone know the history of this queue? I bought this from a retail game room shop about 3 years back. I have not seen anyone with this brand of cue yet, and was wondering if it was discontinued and why? For those of you who have used it, what did you think of it? As of now, I have manually hardened an elk-master tip on it, and I think, overall, it hits "OK", i guess about 6.5/10.
ACTUALLY I USE ONE OF THESE CUES. (SIEGAL/VARNER) I DIDNT PAY MUCH FOR IT NEW, $250. I GUESS IT IS A PRDUCTION MODEL I HEARD ''RACK 66'' POOL SUPPLIES IN LOUISVILLE SELLS THEM FOR $ 150. NEVER SEEN A PRO MODEL.
 

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Folks,

Before the advent of their cues from China, it was my understanding that Mike and Nick originally went to Viking to have their cues made. Many years ago, I remember Mike coming into Classic Billiards with a selection of Viking Cues for sale. A couple of locals bought them and still play with them daily. There is one new Sigel/Varner of that style for sale at Classic Billiards here in Rochester. Anyone interested please contact Jacky Vaccaro at 585 227 7400.
 

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JustPlay said:
The "sigel/varner" cues are made overseas and the production cues Mike Sigel sells are also made overseas, I believe they are made in china. Mike Sigel does sell custom cues which he makes at his shop in Orlando.

i saw Sigel hawking these at DCC. Anybody ever shoot with one?
 

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
hondo said:
i saw Sigel hawking these at DCC. Anybody ever shoot with one?
Was the cues that you seen a Mike Sigel custom cue or a Sigel cue made in China. Mike was at the Mid-West Expo last October with "his" custom cues that he made, not from China. They were all pretty sweet looking cues!

Zim
 

bnkunderme

Registered Hustler
Silver Member
siegel cues

I have seen one Siegel cue lately, it was beautiful with turquouis diamond inlays...sticker price was about $2500.00 the Varner/Siegel is a production cue similiar in quality to that of a mid range viking. Solid hit, but nothing to write home about.
 

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zims Rack said:
Was the cues that you seen a Mike Sigel custom cue or a Sigel cue made in China. Mike was at the Mid-West Expo last October with "his" custom cues that he made, not from China. They were all pretty sweet looking cues!

Zim

The custom cues. They looked nice.
 
Top