Signature under wrap

excessknowledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just took the old wrap off of a I do know 40 year old heubler.There is a signature that looks to be in pencil.Is this of signifigance?Can I just spin the glue off and if the signature comes off so be it?I thought all heublers were inported.Is there any value to keeping the signature?

jaflowers

the game is all about fun
I know allot of people that have put their signature or name under the wrap in case their cue is stolen and they manage to find it. Maybe this is what you have found.

excessknowledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jaflowers said:
I know allot of people that have put their signature or name under the wrap in case their cue is stolen and they manage to find it. Maybe this is what you have found.
Definatly not the original owners signature

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
excessknowledge said:
I just took the old wrap off of a I do know 40 year old heubler.There is a signature that looks to be in pencil.Is this of signifigance?Can I just spin the glue off and if the signature comes off so be it?I thought all heublers were inported.Is there any value to keeping the signature?

I don't think Huebler has been around for 40 years. I believe they came about in the early to mid seventies as did McDermott and Meucci.
Many times, on factory cues, there will be a signature or initials under the wrap. This is usually when some sort of special order was initiated such as a certain stain, wrap or weight. I believe the employee who does the special work signs his name. I could be wrong but that is what I always assumed.
Dick

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have had customers ask me to put their name under the wrap in case it ever got stolen. They could remove the wrap to pove the cue is their easy enough. Cuemakers who are doing a bigger volume might also mark the cutomers name in the wrap area in order to keep up with who the cue is going to.
Chris
www.hightowercues.com
www.internationalcuemakers.com

Rocinante

Banned
rhncue said:
I don't think Huebler has been around for 40 years. I believe they came about in the early to mid seventies as did McDermott and Meucci.
Many times, on factory cues, there will be a signature or initials under the wrap. This is usually when some sort of special order was initiated such as a certain stain, wrap or weight. I believe the employee who does the special work signs his name. I could be wrong but that is what I always assumed.
Dick

i think you're right, 73 according to their site.

roc

excessknowledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rocinante said:
i think you're right, 73 according to their site.

roc

So I gueess we all agree its ok just to proceed with the glue removal and the name signed is just not a factor.Thank you for the information I was thinking along the same lines.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Zack,

You are correct. I have a neat old ad from like '73 or '74 that is for Huebler Industries "featuring custom cues by Bob Meucci".

Sean