Sledgehammer - APA Legal?

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nrsnyder said:
The title pretty much says it all, Is the Sledgehammer Break Cuee legal for APA play?

Yes, the Sledgehammer is legal under the current APA definition so long as it's not broken down for jumping.

Rackin_Zack

Suffering from OCBD
Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock said:
Yes, the Sledgehammer is legal under the current APA definition so long as it's not broken down for jumping.

Isn't it the only time you can change cues, or the configuration of the cue, is directly after the break anyway?

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
Rackin_Zack said:
Isn't it the only time you can change cues, or the configuration of the cue, is directly after the break anyway?

The APA is easing up on that. In both APA leagues I play in the LO allows the switch back to your break cue for a jump, but you can't reconfigure it, that is break it down, and you can switch to a 3rd cue for jumping. When we go to the "states" we are no longer allowed to do that, and I believe in Vegas you cannot do that either.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rackin_Zack said:

Yeah, it's the only time the APA actually gets old-school. However, most APA players I know carry a break/jump cue so they can use it as a short-cue. You know how some of those bars can be.