Stolen Cues

sammi sam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True, friend of mine, got stolen heaps cues couple years ago.

His car window smashed, Gina, BillMC, Josswest, Samsara, Skipwinston etc.

He call police and carpark security but police say they cant do anything and security couldnt provide the video record.

It's a tragedy.

Sleeper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow..!!!

Now that's a loss...!!!! Sorry to say but those cues belong at home in a safe & not in a car parked in some parking lot....maybe get them out to a upscale billiards room to show some players what some nice cues look like & go straight home...!!! Gonna go check my safe now before I have nightmares...!!!

sammi sam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes, my mate didnt want that happen.

he just after sale, stop for dinner then disaster happened...........

Even the insurance cant claim...........

Sleeper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm...

Sounds like the buyer in the sale may of followed you guys in hopes the you park & go in somewhere...then the go break in your car & get what they wanted!!! I would check that person out & pop up at some new pool rooms on a tournament night!!!

knifemaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stolen

I had a cue stolen several years ago. SOmeone seen the man steal it and it was someone we all knew. He knew it was in my car and had wanted to buy it. I called the police and he had left town. Someone knew where he was going and the police notified the police in another state and they picked him up with the cue. I got the cue back and he went to jail for 3 days since he could not post his bail. I don't know what happen after that but I thought justice was done.
Good luckon all the stolen cues as I have had several over the years stolen. A Zamboti and really fine Joss with a lot of Ivory and a nice Richard Black. The one I got back earlier was a cheap Meucci go figure loose the best get the cheap back. These were stolen at different times.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Stu Mortnsen cue stolen from Chris's Billiards last night

Pat Hays, a woman who runs the Frank Oliva Women's league at Chris's Billiards in Chicago had someone walk off with a Stu Mortensen cue. I am contacting a friend of Stu's to see if we can get some pictures of it. She described it to me as "lacy looking' with ebony, ivory and cocabola.

Last edited:

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
Pat Hays, a woman who runs the Frank Oliva Women's league at Chris's Billiards in Chicago had someone walk off with a Stu Mortensen cue. I am contacting a friend of Stu's to see if we can get some pictures of it. She described it to me as "lacy looking' with ebony, ivory and cocabola.

Dennis - How quickly we forget! It's Stew Mortson.

gmillioni

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stolen: 2 months ago. grenada, mississippi. jim griffen signed cue (norwela cues), 4 point five veneers very dark brown leather wrap(looks black). cocobola and bem. only one shaft. gerald 901 412 9618. gmillioni@yahoo.com

tbcombatmedic

Recently stolen in from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Large cue case with a Schon and a Bludworth. This schon belonged to the Late Tyler Strawn. Tyler was an accomplished pool player, a 2 time BCA National Champion. Tyler and his girlfriend Elyse Cannon were taken from us tragically in 2007 in a traffic accident.

Pics of both cues soon to follow.

Train1077

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WTF is wrong with the USPS...

I am getting very nervous about a Predator 99-6 that I shipped to USA. The last time I sent a cue to USA, the tracking information stopped the same place as this one "Inbound Out of Customs"..

-Foreign Acceptance, December 21, 2009, 10:24 pm, DENMARK
-Foreign International Dispatch, December 23, 2009, 9:18 am, COPENHAGEN INC PARCEL, DENMARK
-Inbound International Arrival, December 26, 2009, 5:23 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
-Inbound Into Customs
-Inbound Out of Customs, December 26, 2009, 5:29 pm

The next thing I knew about that first cue was, that a year later, I found out, that it had been sold as a lost item, and I lost a what to me is a LOT of money. The address is this one is in big black letters. If this one has been lost also, I am freaking broke, and don't have a cue anymore.. I was going to trade it...

I really don't understand how the usps can loose something with big black letters on it... I would hate to see another cue lost...

A sad Danish guy...

tommie1351

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lost or stolen?

I have a friend who lost or had two cues lost od stolen in the S.F. Bay Area. They were a SW OF Ebony with Ebony on Ebony with white veneers. Also a Bobby Hunter Ebony with Ivory and green Malachite floating points. Call me 209 823-9444 or my friend (C B ) at 510 860-5432. I"m sure a Reward will be given.
TOMMIE

C

ChatTownBanger

I guy recently approached me about buying a cue from him. I recognized it as a cue stolen from a friend of mine almost a year earlier. Contacted my friend and police and guy is now in jail.

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
**Way Overdue Update: Cues have been recovered! Phew, thanks all!**

From Singapore:

I've lost my set of cues:

1. PFD 4 pointer
2. Ed Prewitt BEM Merry Widow
3. Mezz PB-P (1st-gen)

Anyone with any leads to their whereabouts, or anyone approaches to sell these cues (esp. PFD & EP) to you, kindly let me know.

Here are pics of two of the cues in question.

3340234043_aa9f7a8d66_b.jpg

So sorry Martin! I've lost the two gems you sold me...

Thanks all, much appreciated

Last edited:

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very unfortunate Justin. Sorry to hear of this. You take such good care of your cues. Were they stolen from the poolroom? The PFD is a one of a kind. The Prewitt is very uncommon, maybe one of 2 made exactly that way with ivory buttcap.

Martin

From Singapore:

I've lost my set of cues:

1. PFD 4 pointer
2. Ed Prewitt BEM Merry Widow
3. Mezz PB-P (1st-gen)

Anyone with any leads to their whereabouts, or anyone approaches to sell these cues (esp. PFD & EP) to you, kindly let me know.

Here are pics of two of the cues in question.

3340234043_aa9f7a8d66_b.jpg

So sorry Martin! I've lost the two gems you sold me...

Thanks all, much appreciated

xpatcan1

xpatcanuck@hotmail.com
Silver Member
Very unfortunate Justin. Sorry to hear of this. You take such good care of your cues. Were they stolen from the poolroom? The PFD is a one of a kind. The Prewitt is very uncommon, maybe one of 2 made exactly that way with ivory buttcap.

Martin

these 2 cues will be very easy to spot i would think! i feel sick just thinking about loosing cues again... my eyes are open for them here in canada...

RangerVet275

Good idea...

If even 1 member recovers their stolen cue, this thread will have been well worth posting.

There was a player in my league going around stealing and pawning cues to support his drug habit. He was finally caught and brought to justice, but not before getting his hands on a lot of expensive cues.:cool: