The beauty of nature...

sgonzalez34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The title of this thread was about the wood. It was mentioned it was rare and special. I must have missed the informative part about what exactly was the wood. Looks like some strain of satinwood and african blackwood to me.

Nice woods but not particularly exotic. But a nice looking cue overall. I don't really care for the rings, not my cup of tea.

You're right about the satinwood on the handle, but the dark wood on the forearm and butt sleeve is Pau Santo also known as Brazillian blackheart. The wood has more than 20 years of seasoning. I happen to love the Brugge styled deco rings.

JC

Coos Cues
Gold Member
You're right about the satinwood on the handle, but the dark wood on the forearm and butt sleeve is Pau Santo also known as Brazillian blackheart. The wood has more than 20 years of seasoning. I happen to love the Brugge styled deco rings.
Anything that detracts from the natural beauty of the wood I don't find to be additive to the entire piece.

Sort of like the difference between a natural beauty and a makeup queen. Although I can appreciate the final product of well done makeup, nothing compares to the morning beauty. Not a knock on Dave, I will likely never have the skill required to do what he does. I guess I'm just a simple man.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The title of this thread was about the wood. It was mentioned it was rare and special. I must have missed the informative part about what exactly was the wood. Looks like some strain of satinwood and african blackwood to me.

Nice woods but not particularly exotic. But a nice looking cue overall. I don't really care for the rings, not my cup of tea.
I'm glad to be quite new to this craft working with woods. Having less experience can give some positives ... being able to notice, to be surprised and pleased, enjoy those details that might be the trivial round some time later. I'll be glad to stay at this state as long as possible;).
Those pieces of Pau Santo have some colors in them I've never seen in ABW or... and I loved it. For me from Ukraine it is quite exotic).

Attachments

• IMG_20210222_211629_147.jpg
    IMG_20210222_211629_147.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 75