The "Now or Never" Moment that MADE me a Champion Player

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
We all have memorable times when our pool games will raise significantly, either physically or mentally. For me one of these times was in South Carolina at a small bar in a high dollar gambling match.

For weeks I was suffering from a lack of killer instinct, I just couldn't seem to put my opponents away. Omaha John was my partner that night and he said the right thing at the right time to get me to make a decision whether I was going to be a great player now, or never......I'll always remember the mentors I had that made me into a World Champion.

https://youtu.be/u_6rERxdCgA

sjm

Sweating it at Derby City
Silver Member
Good story, and even outside the world of pool, this kind of moment is far from rare.

When someone is staking you, whether it's in pool or in a business venture, you are basically an investment to them. Wise investors, whether it's Warren Buffet or Omaha John, know from experience when to walk away from an investment that isn't producing the kind of returns expected.

When Warren Buffet tells a company which he has funded that he'll pull out unless he starts to see the kind of results he expects soon, it puts huge pressure on the business proprietor to start producing in a big way. Sometimes, it lights a fire under them and they start producing to the extent he'd anticipated.

Omaha John basically pulled a Warren Buffet move on you!

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pretty clever, devious, cunning, diabolical, and effective of them!

Good story, and even outside the world of pool, this kind of moment is far from rare.

When someone is staking you, whether it's in pool or in a business venture, you are basically an investment to them. Wise investors, whether it's Warren Buffet or Omaha John, know from experience when to walk away from an investment that isn't producing the kind of returns expected.

When Warren Buffet tells a company which he has funded that he'll pull out unless he starts to see the kind of results he expects soon, it puts huge pressure on the business proprietor to start producing in a big way. Sometimes, it lights a fire under them and they start producing to the extent he'd anticipated.

Omaha John basically pulled a Warren Buffet move on you!

Yes, one of the best educations someone can get is through gambling, the man that runs the World Series of Poker started out working for me in Dallas. He ran around and played in the small poker games and hung around the local gamblers at my pool room who were exceptionally sharp, one is an amazingly successful book maker.

When I quit playing pool for 7 years I had a private club in Texas that had over 630,000 individual members. What I had to do to create the Private Placement Memorandum and raise the money was like several college courses rolled into one.

I'm well aware of Warren Buffet and studied many of the top traders, even to this day I listen to one of the very best. One of their strategies is to ALWAYS bet against public opinion because it's being manipulated by TV actwhores, and other mains stream news that has an agenda and it's NOT to make regular people money.....quite the contrary.

My experiences in Pool hustling and gambling have been valuable as I transferred into the "real world" of business. For the most part pool hustlers and players are more honest and trustworthy than many of the business men I've met and had financial dealings with.

Just like now, there's over 50 million people out of work, we are in a controlled demolition of the entire country, unemployment numbers are being manipulated (they are at 30+% in reality) yet the stock market is setting new records.......this is a robbery by the Federal Reserve that is incomprehensible to most people.

They are in the debt business, this situation has allowed them to issue unlimited debt by printing (digitally) unlimited money. The more debt they create, (the more money they loan) the more powerful they get.....and they don't have to back their loans up with anything of value......except the naive and gullible general public.

Pretty clever, devious, cunning, diabolical, and effective of them....and our country will never by the same again. All because people don't understand germ and terrain theory and what the Rockefeller's did to create the pharmaceutical industry that's made trillions and is getting ready to control all our lives once and for all.

The Game is the Teacher