The Secret of the Most Powerful Shot

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Hey PP,

I have heard that some top breakers will actually dislocated their shoulder prior to the break. They can actually increase their arm extension in so doing and increase their CB speed!

Just thought you might want to give this a try.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Behold my new super weapon! It took me years but I finally learned a technique which can regularly send CB and every other ball in its way flying. It's also the best technique for breaking I ever used. The key is in holding the shaft of the cue with a rather weak and light grip instead of grasping it tightly. Then, when you propel the cue forward, it actually slides through your fingers for a few additional centimeters, acting like an accelerating projectile. The power it can give to the CB is immense, which already helped me win several matches. It's also incredibly fun to use that technique, and it surely attracts the audience.

And this is how you become a better player, by experimenting with new techniques. Try choking up on your cue when you break sometime and see how that works for you.

P.S. Don't worry about the knockers on here. We ALL had to go through all the learning stages at one time. NO ONE ever took to pool immediately. It's just too hard a game. I remember all those years ago when I was trying to figure out how to measure cut shots and where to aim on the object ball. It all seemed so baffling to me back then. :thumbup:

Last edited:

dakraljic

Banned
Believe me when I say he used and still uses that butterfly stroke that allows him to watch others from bird's perspective and to come out with the most powerful,most attractive and most recognizing shots in the history of the game.His enter into a CB is sharp and razor but at the same time very balmy.His swing is with no any doubt one of the best and one of the most powerful in the game.Just ask Verica.Beside all this he is so fortunate in the third,fourth and the fifth game all the time.He never,never uses extension.He has some kind of hidden trick for those occasions.
Trust yourself and visit Biokovo !!!Gene's house is something there what should be seen and visited.If you will feel as you want something sweet,don't hesitate to ask Verica to bake you a cake.She is good in that almost the same as Gene is good in creative pool.
Champsic is strong guy and don't bad mouth him just because he used to swallow all those cakes at once.There is a tradition here as well that says you should if you can !!!
Yes,ask Mario!
:):):sorry:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Just ask Verica. ... Yes,ask Mario!
I didn't understand any of the rest -- which I do not actually regret -- but these two items caught my eye. By Verica do you mean Archie and Jughead's friend? The last I heard she was with Reggie, which is a shame, of course. When did she meet Gene?

And do you mean Mario as in one of the brothers? Or maybe Brothers? Or Bothers? Or both brothers?

Please answer soon -- I wait with bait on my breath.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Behold my new super weapon! It took me years but I finally learned a technique which can regularly send CB and every other ball in its way flying. It's also the best technique for breaking I ever used. The key is in holding the shaft of the cue with a rather weak and light grip instead of grasping it tightly. Then, when you propel the cue forward, it actually slides through your fingers for a few additional centimeters, acting like an accelerating projectile. The power it can give to the CB is immense, which already helped me win several matches. It's also incredibly fun to use that technique, and it surely attracts the audience.

I wouldnt be giving away secrets like that for free, when you can make some DVDs and sell them!

:idea2:

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Now damn. Bob you've got me in stitches.

That's what Gene's butterfly said!

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2

Push&Pool

Professional Banger
Silver Member
You should name it "the Javelin break". Seriously, basic physics unfortunately say this makes no sense. Once you let go of the cue it is no longer accelerating...it is actually decelerating. The only possible way you get more speed with the javelin break is if your normal break is weak because you are decelerating the cue by not following through...known as the OJ break because you're stabbing at it.

Too bad. I wanted to name it "Kick-Your-Ass-Super-Omega-Mass-Destruction-Nuclear-Cannon" break :D I do follow through with a normal break, however, I do deccelerate the cue because otherwise I'd knock the CB off the table. If I break normally, I have to sacrifice power in order to gain control. With this I can have both.

And this is how you become a better player, by experimenting with new techniques. Try choking up on your cue when you break sometime and see how that works for you.

P.S. Don't worry about the knockers on here. We ALL had to go through all the learning stages at one time. NO ONE ever took to pool immediately. It's just too hard a game. I remember all those years ago when I was trying to figure out how to measure cut shots and where to aim on the object ball. It all seemed so baffling to me back then. :thumbup:

That's what I've been saying. I don't feel like taking pool too seriously yet and practising for hours every day with all the books and DVDs, however, I can still learn a lot of tricks and skills by participating this forum, watching others and experimenting myself :)

I wouldnt be giving away secrets like that for free, when you can make some DVDs and sell them!

:idea2:

Oh come on, be grateful I illuminated you all for free :rolleyes:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There really needs to be a PoolKiller/PoolPusher video series on how to play. Would be a great follow up to Dorf on Golf.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...82F09EDD90CC83BDB58182&view=detail&FORM=VIRE1

I have wanted to visit Europe to see the great icons of our age, Eiffel Tower, Venice, Leaning Tower, Tower of London (OK, I actually did see this while on a busness trip already) but now I think the most entertaiment value would be to find this guy in his pool room playing.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
That is it,a pool reality series starring Push&Pull.

Sure fire way to save pool!

;)

There really needs to be a PoolKiller/PoolPusher video series on how to play. Would be a great follow up to Dorf on Golf.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...82F09EDD90CC83BDB58182&view=detail&FORM=VIRE1

I have wanted to visit Europe to see the great icons of our age, Eiffel Tower, Venice, Leaning Tower, Tower of London (OK, I actually did see this while on a busness trip already) but now I think the most entertaiment value would be to find this guy in his pool room playing.

Push&Pool

Professional Banger
Silver Member

If you'll fund the project and ensure I get paid, we have a deal.

8onthesnap

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every time I read your posts I damn near shoot some kind of beverage out my nose. Thank you very much you have provided me with. A reason to lol for a few days

Push&Pool

Professional Banger
Silver Member
You're practically a pro in your country, why would you need funding? :confused:

Even if I were, I'm not spending cash on that shit.

Every time I read your posts I damn near shoot some kind of beverage out my nose. Thank you very much you have provided me with. A reason to lol for a few days

Lol less and shoot more and you may learn this yourself.

ridinda9

AKA: Sandy Bagger
Silver Member
I didn't understand any of the rest -- which I do not actually regret -- but these two items caught my eye. By Verica do you mean Archie and Jughead's friend? The last I heard she was with Reggie, which is a shame, of course. When did she meet Gene?

And do you mean Mario as in one of the brothers? Or maybe Brothers? Or Bothers? Or both brothers?

Please answer soon -- I wait with bait on my breath.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to "Veruca" - I heard that she finally found a way out of the Chocolate Factory!

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You must play in my poolroom. The far wall has 2 1/4" craters in the drywall that flying cue balls have made and I see the new sign warning spectators that they should wear both eye and ear protection in the seating area. I'm glad somebody comes in to help destroy the foot spot area of the table, now that we have told the leagues they aren't welcome. Ask for the front table that is usually reserved for One-pocket action games.
Rack them and then get back by the coke machine to get some speed up on your running start. A 10mm tip works better and aim low and focus on that monster follow through. In no time, both Zorro and Shane will be afraid of you.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You must play in my poolroom. The far wall has 2 1/4" craters in the drywall that flying cue balls have made and I see the new sign warning spectators that they should wear both eye and ear protection in the seating area. I'm glad somebody comes in to help destroy the foot spot area of the table, now that we have told the leagues they aren't welcome. Ask for the front table that is usually reserved for One-pocket action games.
Rack them and then get back by the coke machine to get some speed up on your running start. A 10mm tip works better and aim low and focus on that monster follow through. In no time, both Zorro and Shane will be afraid of you.

Good grief, are they still open? Is Goldie funding??