The state of pool today!

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
WHO CARES!

Who cares about pool vs. golf or darts or badminton or any other sport. Who cares? Seriously!

When I'm at the pool hall playing, the last thing I'm thinking about is how much more money I could be making doing any of these other things. The vast majority of us here have little to no financial connection to this sport. We just want something to ***** about.

Nothing drastic has changed. Stop acting like you're the first one who realized something major about what's changing. Like it's been fine up until now when you realized how much golfers make.

Enjoy the game. Support it however you can. Spread the word. Teach new players. Have fun. Be happy.

I come to this forum to enjoy pool and discuss it, not hear about it dying and blah blah golf blah.

Seriously. Quit it.

/rant

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
you can't blame people with a huge passion for the game wanting to further the game's growth! it's inevitable.

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
worriedbeef said:
you can't blame people with a huge passion for the game wanting to further the game's growth! it's inevitable.

Ok, but that's not what they want to do. They want to ***** and then do nothing about it. It's annoying and a waste of this wonderful space we have here.

The people who are doing things for this sport are out doing them, not complaining online...

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
James said:
Ok, but that's not what they want to do. They want to ***** and then do nothing about it. It's annoying and a waste of this wonderful space we have here.

The people who are doing things for this sport are out doing them, not complaining online...
Can't agree with you there I'm afraid. I think alot of good ideas come from here and the people who are actually doing something about it like to listen to what people have to say. I think it is a help to those wondering if they are doing the right thing.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bfdlad said:
Can't agree with you there I'm afraid. I think alot of good ideas come from here and the people who are actually doing something about it like to listen to what people have to say. I think it is a help to those wondering if they are doing the right thing.
Amen brother!!!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I think there is a group within Pool that would like to see the Professional Pool Player paid a living wage. No peanuts compared with out pro sports players.
geerr.gif

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
James said:
When I'm at the pool hall playing

Maybe when your pool hall goes under (like pool halls all over the country are doing) you will start to care.

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
cleary said:
Maybe when your pool hall goes under (like pool halls all over the country are doing) you will start to care.

My statement is being drastically mis-interpreted (as I should have expected)...

Let's just pretend I never said anything and let this thread go away.

My point wasn't at all to say I don't care or that you shouldn't care about pool.

My point was that the threads comparing pool to all these other sports are pointless. It is a separate entity with separate strengths and weaknesses. There are much more constructive ways for us all to spend our time than *****ing about it online and not actually doing anything.

FWIW, I am doing all I can on a local scale to encourage growth and support my local room.

Sorry for those who mis-understood my point.