This is a league operator!

poolpro2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the 26th and 27th of July. Our local TAP franchisee, Ed Hobbs (Northwest TAP), held a "player appreciation tournament". You had to be a current member. There were 92 participants, race to skill level (2-7) 9-ball, with double elimination.

Total prize purse: $3000.00! Get this... $10.00 entry!!!

The Carriage Square Sports Pub (Kent, Washington) hosted and contributed $1000.00! - Great food and staff!

One of the better players in the area won it, Eddie Mataya. What was really good to see was the spread of ratings amongst the money.

Everybody had a great time. There is definitely talk about next year!

Last edited:

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tap

He's an excellent LO. The TAP organization is always working harder and giving back more to the player. Ed Hobbs is a great example of that.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine who is a Tap operator north (a little to far for me to play) Throws Tournaments like this all the time. Gives all kinds of money back to players. It seems this is more the norm in Tap then apa. Then again apa thinks that if Vegas isn't the prize no one wants to play lol I can't convince them that people will be happy to just play in Tournaments to just play.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the 26th and 27th of July. Our local TAP franchisee, Ed Hobbs (Northwest TAP), held a "player appreciation tournament". You had to be a current member. There were 92 participants, race to skill level (2-7) 9-ball, with double elimination.

Total prize purse: $3000.00! Get this... $10.00 entry!!!

The Carriage Square Sports Pub (Kent, Washington) hosted and contributed $1000.00! - Great food and staff!

One of the better players in the area won it, Eddie Mataya. What was really good to see was the spread of ratings amongst the money.

Everybody had a great time. There is definitely talk about next year!

Nice participation. Our local TAP league had a party and maybe 10 people showed up.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great post about mutual support.

DannyK's in Orange CA does something similar twice a year. Sort of a tip of the hat to regular customers, tournament (5 days a week) and league players.

Hats off to room owners that give back and appreciate loyal patronage.

Billiardsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"One of the better players in the area won it, Eddie Mataya."

A great tournament for sure and a testimate to both Ed Hobbs and to Teak Kim (the owner of the room), but your facts are slightly incorrect on the winner. Eddie Mataya and Sean Gray SPLIT the cash after Sean Gray came back form the B side to beat Mataya the first set out of the gate.

Last edited:

poolpro2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry Sean!

Thank You! I am getting old, I actually knew that.

For some reason by the time I got to typing, (I am not familiar with Sean) I just forgot.