Tiger Everest and Sniper

butterflycues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if there is a glue side to these tips. I install them but one side has a letter stamped in it and the other side looks to be raw leather (no finish). Just want to install them properly. Butterflycues

jazzn4444

the Unknown
Silver Member
butterflycues said:
Does anyone know if there is a glue side to these tips. I install them but one side has a letter stamped in it and the other side looks to be raw leather (no finish). Just want to install them properly. Butterflycues
Sniper tips have a Fiber back on them. Just did one last night. lightly sand the black fiber side then glue! Rock on brother.

Mystick Cue Fan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all tiger tips have the letter stamped on the glue side. Just a heads up incase you ge ta tiger, dynamite, or any other tiger tip.

Tony

BLACKHEARTCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jazzn4444 said:
Sniper tips have a Fiber back on them. Just did one last night. lightly sand the black fiber side then glue! Rock on brother.

I think it's just painted or stained black...JER

lignum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sheldon said:
Glue goes on the stamped side.

Hey Sheldon did you ever get around to checking for some of those black fibre ferrules I was after a while back ?

jazzn4444

the Unknown
Silver Member
BLACKHEARTCUES said:
I think it's just painted or stained black...JER
JER, when I ordered them, I was told that that was a fiber back. Just relayin what I was told. I don't think it's stain cause it was a bi##h to scuff that side. if I were to shape the black end, I think I'd have ended up removing too many layers on accident.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Sniper Glue Side

jazzn4444 said:

All Tiger manufactured tips have an embossing on the glue side.

The glue side of Snipers is not a fiber backing, it is merely colored black so you can differentiate with ease it from a Tiger Soft (same color).

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the exception of the Sniper, does it really matter, personally I don't think so but go ahead, educate me. Are they held together with positive traction glue that works best from top to bottom and falls apart when installed bottom to top.

jazzn4444

the Unknown
Silver Member
CrownCityCorey said:
All Tiger manufactured tips have an embossing on the glue side.

The glue side of Snipers is not a fiber backing, it is merely colored black so you can differentiate with ease it from a Tiger Soft (same color).

WOOPS! when I did it, I did take it all the way off. he likes it still.
thanks corey