Tip Contact Location Difference between 9-Ball and 14.1

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. So, from your cv summary, I will surmise that your ball sensor/app system probably works correctly.

However, the claim that it will help a player improve without beating his/her bush (preposition?) remains to be proven.

U got a sales team?

I am depending on the pool community to critically evaluate and then pass their approval after they use the product, as to slowly build a good reputation. I’m not too worried about marketing, word will spread. I won’t need to do much work to sell it.

Other than that, I have the entire Aramith distribution network. They will probably do some sales work on their end.

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't read the thread and don't particularly care about the product or the science, just observing that the pattern on the left infers more running cueballs while the pattern on the right suggests more stun or stop shots. Th rh pattern is straight pool.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tyler Styer sells a kit with weighted balls that helps a player adjust their aiming center. It’s like a low tech version of the digiball. I’ve found them fun to play with. If anything it’s a focus aid to help with pinpoint tip placement.

Here's a link to a good video that explains what this is and to where you can buy it directly from Tyler...

You'll for sure get immediate feedback using this.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
taking cranky pills today dan?
you have a hardon for stan and CTE..we do not agree on your premise to save the pool world and players from him and CTE
where you and stand is known to both of us so there is no need to rehash it
for the record i own a digicue and a q-MD
its nice that it provides data but it doesnt tell you how to fix it and most of the data i believe can be ascertained close enough without it
i pm'ed nataddrho since he said the digiball could help in the" other 99% of pool shots " besides straight ins
since we agreed you could improve without it
the amount of info he showed that could be calculated with it was overwhelming to me and most of the data would not be helpful to me
although a few data points could have some use
i will state again
if you miss by 1mm and the digiball tells you that
SO WHAT????
how are you going to fix it?
if you didnt know that you would practice until you got consistent enough to get the results you want consistently and then at that point in time the digiball would tell you that now you only miss by .02 mm
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now you have proof you have improved
so it was worth buying it.....;)
i do believe that some technology can be beneficial as this is not caveman times
and if you think it will help you
go buy it
i might even buy it out of curiosity but not because i think it will significantly help me
i thought i was was done with this discussion as its a big waste of my time to have to defend myself
but i cant ignore a direct attack on me like you did dan
@pvc lou thank you for your support....(y)
You seem to put in the time and money to improve. Have you read Mark Wilson's book?

If a player reduces their errors in tip contact from 1mm to 0.02mm consistently, then they would show crazy improvement in their game. You would have to be a good player in the first place to be as little as 1mm off.

If I used this I would be looking for patterns. Typically when I miss balls I rattle them. It would be nice to see if I missed and hit my contact point or if I was 1mm off. Is it the same when cutting balls to the right or left as far as misses.

Sure it doesn't tell you how to fix it but it does let you know there is an issue you probably werent even aware of or you would have tried to correct it already.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You seem to put in the time and money to improve. Have you read Mark Wilson's book?

If a player reduces their errors in tip contact from 1mm to 0.02mm consistently, then they would show crazy improvement in their game. You would have to be a good player in the first place to be as little as 1mm off.

If I used this I would be looking for patterns. Typically when I miss balls I rattle them. It would be nice to see if I missed and hit my contact point or if I was 1mm off. Is it the same when cutting balls to the right or left as far as misses.

Sure it doesn't tell you how to fix it but it does let you know there is an issue you probably werent even aware of or you would have tried to correct it already.
Yes this is correct. As players all we have for feedback is ball position and pocketing success for feedback. The DigiBall splits the problem in half by allowing you to determine if you have an accurate stroke but a problem aiming, good aim but an inconsistent cue delivery, or a combination of either.

Pubo

How does DigiBall present the RPM data? Is it RPM in the axis of rotation, which changes moment to moment? Does it provide RPM in horizontal and vertical components?

freds

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a link to a good video that explains what this is and to where you can buy it directly from Tyler...

You'll for sure get immediate feedback using this.
Here's another review of the The Balls, showing them in action. $100? Not for me.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You get better feedback shooting 180 degree angles. Anything that isn't picture perfect straight, you'll know immediately, which way, and by how much. The biggest problem I've encountered doing drills like this is fatigue in the neck and shoulders. It would take me a year of 20 to 60 hr weeks to be able to focus on center ball for more than a few minutes at a time.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
More geeky tech for tech's sake. This cat can't help himself.
Did he also pm you with a thread then lock it so you can’t say anything back? Lmao

IMG_5050.png