TWO-RAIL KICKS … Everything You Need to Know

goin2bepro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry

If you can't figure this out without a youtube video....you're a moron.

FYI, I just posted a new video demonstrating a very useful system for aiming two-rail kick shot called the midpoint-parallel-shift system. Unlike with many kick shot diamond systems, it works for any CB and OB locations on the table, and it doesn’t matter which rail you hit first. The best thing of all is no diamonds or diamond numbering or calculations are required. Check it out:

Topics covered [with timestamp links] include:

Intro [0:00]
1 - System [1:01]
---- 1a - adjusting for tendency to go long [1:58]
---- 1b - careful parallel shift [2:34]
---- 1c - finding the midpoint carefully [3:01]
---- 1d - aim adjustment amount [3:35]
2 - Effects [4:39]
---- 2a - spin [5:19]
---- 2b - speed [5:41]
---- 2c - OB distance from 2nd cushion [6:00]
---- 2d - steeper angle into 2nd cushion [6:15]
---- 2e - steeper angle into 1st cushion [8:06]
---- 2f - effects summary [8:47]
3 - Examples [9:32]
---- 3a - kick safe [10:23]
---- 3b - pocketing wired combo [12:15]
---- 3c - pocketing a hanger [12:54]
4 - Summary [13:33]
---- 4a - video montage of shots [14:27]

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you can't figure this out without a youtube video....you're a moron.
I agree that people "could" figure this stuff out on their own. But there aren't many that actually "would." That doesn't make them morons. Not everybody has the patience and analytical mind necessary to figure out and separate all the effects and factors.

Regards,
Dave

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave, this is awesome. I have system but it fades in certain areas, especially in the open table. Yours really helps me..Many thanks.

Joe Johann

chas1022

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When someone takes the time to put information like this out for free should be appreciated by everyone even if you don’t use it. Thanks DR.Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
When someone takes the time to put information like this out for free should be appreciated by everyone even if you don’t use it.
You should tell that to the YouTube trolls. It used to bother me when people clicked on the thumbs-down button on a video that I worked hard on and thought was good stuff (and free). Now I just have pity for them (and the people in their lives), realizing the type of people they must be.

Thanks DR.Dave
You're welcome. Thanks for watching and commenting.

Best regards,
Dave

Jds.3211

Jds.3211
Outstanding!!

Dr Dave,

Outstanding and simple to use! Made two crowd impressing safety escapes in league play this week using it!

Your info is always outstanding, but sometimes the calculations are tough to remember and use in a game situation without hours of familiarization and practice. This works like a champ after a few practice shots!!

Thanks for this and all you do for our sport!!

John

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dr Dave,

Outstanding and simple to use! Made two crowd impressing safety escapes in league play this week using it!

Your info is always outstanding, but sometimes the calculations are tough to remember and use in a game situation without hours of familiarization and practice. This works like a champ after a few practice shots!!

Thanks for this and all you do for our sport!!

John
Thank you ... and you're welcome. I'm glad you put it to good use.

Regards,
Dave