USA MC Captain

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keith would be a very poor pick for the MC, IMO. If you've kept up with the discussion, one of the reoccurring themes is criticism of the loose, flamboyant style and overly aggressive technique of some of the US players. In that regard, Keith would be the worst of the worst.

Lou Figueroa

Do you have a reading comprehension problem, or do you look for every opportunity you can to bash high-profile pool people? Does it make you feel superior? I'm beginning to think you may suffer from an inferiority complex, which is why you do it non-stop. I'm not the only one who has noticed it. You do this on every single pool forum.

I have tried to be civil to you in the past, but it ain't worth it anymore when you write mean-spirited remarks about those you know nothing about.

Again, that thread was a hypothetical fun thread, but you grabbed the opportunity to bash Keith, joining in with the trolls.

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
Do you have a reading comprehension problem, or do you look for every opportunity you can to bash high-profile pool people? Does it make you feel superior? I'm beginning to think you may suffer from an inferiority complex, which is why you do it non-stop. I'm not the only one who has noticed it. You do this on every single pool forum.

I have tried to be civil to you in the past, but it ain't worth it anymore when you write mean-spirited remarks about those you know nothing about.

Again, that thread was a hypothetical fun thread, but you grabbed the opportunity to bash Keith, joining in with the trolls.

JAM,,, I'm extremely surprised at you! You haven't figured out why all these "so called" pool players bash people like Keith??

JAM,,,,,,, there all jealous! They are mostly really good B players and low A players(such as myself) who are totally jealous of players who have the gift that extremely few people like Keith have!

Please, I'm begging you here, don't let these idiots get to you! If these idiots had any balls whatsoever, they would call Keith out,,,, and PLAY SOME for some good$$$!

One of my favorite players to watch has been Keith, there's not a lot out there but all the videos that I have seen always made notice one thing,,, Keith is a natural! At the table AND on camera!

They are all jealous, it's very simple! They are jealous that Keith HAS a name and will always be a force to reckon with!

These losers,,,, what do they have?? in there miniscule minds, they dream of being able to hit em a 10th as good as Keith on his bad days! Let it go sweetheart, your WAY better than that

Eli

Reactions: JAM

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

lol, classic JAM. You were the one who brought up Keith in this thread.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM,,, I'm extremely surprised at you! You haven't figured out why all these "so called" pool players bash people like Keith??

JAM,,,,,,, there all jealous! They are mostly really good B players and low A players(such as myself) who are totally jealous of players who have the gift that extremely few people like Keith have!

Please, I'm begging you here, don't let these idiots get to you! If these idiots had any balls whatsoever, they would call Keith out,,,, and PLAY SOME for some good$$$!

One of my favorite players to watch has been Keith, there's not a lot out there but all the videos that I have seen always made notice one thing,,, Keith is a natural! At the table AND on camera!

They are all jealous, it's very simple! They are jealous that Keith HAS a name and will always be a force to reckon with!

These losers,,,, what do they have?? in there miniscule minds, they dream of being able to hit em a 10th as good as Keith on his bad days! Let it go sweetheart, your WAY better than that

Eli

I think you are projecting. I have a very nice life and play pool for giggles. I am not the teeniest, tiniest, itsy bit jealous of any pool player.

My point was simply that given the level and type of competition that is the MC today, Keith would be a poor match with his loose, flamboyant style. Like it or not, that is a valid viewpoint. If JAM hadn't brought his name up, out of the blue, talking about him was the farthest thing on my mind.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ditka!!!!!

Funny that you should say Ditka, Jamie. I was thinking just the same a couple days ago. Any player that missed a shot would know exactly what they would face on the side lines! Mike knew how to get the most out of his players....

Eli

Would you care to remind me what happened the last time a lowly A player called out Keith McCready on AZB?

I've forgotten who won now. :rolleyes:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll say it again anyone that thinks Mark was a bad choice or was the cause or reason why we lost is so lost they probably can't be helped or even listen to what other people have to say. My Mom could have coached us and it would have been the same. This isn't football so you cannot compare the two. The lineup I would say is the biggest thing that could make a difference that the captain has control over.

Do people actually think that high fiving or coming down after you miss a shot is going to help? It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. All year we play pool by ourselves nobody in our corner, we are professionals, we do this for a living. Pool is a game of eye hand coordination and problem solving and a game of fractions, millimeters and requires a ton of concentration especially against other world class players. Miss by a millimeter and your hooked or get on the wrong side of the pool and that cost you the match. So you think a coach/captain coming down yelling in your ear or high fiving is going to change anything than that's probably why your on AzBilliards and not playing the Mosconi Cup.

This isn't directed at everyone just some people I hear saying some really negative stuff about Mark. Again some own can lose 5-0 and that doesn't mean they dogged it. Pool you need chances it's baseball, or football where every team gets the ball back. A lot of times you can play perfect and lose in pool. I've lost many sets where I've missed 1 ball or none and your opponent misses 5 balls and I lost.

Also for anyone saying I didn't feel comfortable or I didn't belong. PShhhhhh!! I wanted it as bad as anyone was ready to play everyday... I shot a .940 something, Pat Fleming was there did Accu Stats for all the players and I was the highest of both teams.

I just wish people would think about it even if you think I'm an idiot or wrong just please try to understand both sides. Thanks for your time. I might just start a new thread so more people can read this.

All valid points, thanks for your insight, It's always good to get feedback form those in the trenches, regardless of the field.

From an outsider looking in, it appeared to me the European Team has more camaraderie that the US Team; it appears those guys genuinely like each other. The commentators made more than one reference to them all hanging out together post match. You mentioned other sports such as baseball and football not being relevant to pool. I disagree. The games themselves are different but the team aspect is the same. I played baseball through college and was on many, many teams throughout my career. I had many teammates that went on to play pro ball but the best TEAM I played on didn't have the best players (I had played with). We were successful because we liked each other and gelled as a team. That, in itself was a testament to the coach for recruiting quality players and players that in his mind would get along. This can also be taught through team building exercises which enables players to respect and trust their teammates. In watching the doubles matches it appeared most on the US players didn't trust one another's games and at times looked disconnected. If the Captain doesn't have the autonomy to select the players, he or she needs to have a plan on how they are going to gel the team into a cohesive unit that, at a minimum, respect and trust each other. The current US Team appeared to be a group of individuals whereas Team Europe was a cohesive unit striving for a singular goal. The entire mentality needs to change.

Look, I could be way off in my assessment. I'd be curious to know your feedback from a team building perspective having been involved in the whole process; start to finish.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All valid points, thanks for your insight, It's always good to get feedback form those in the trenches, regardless of the field.

From an outsider looking in, it appeared to me the European Team has more camaraderie that the US Team; it appears those guys genuinely like each other. The commentators made more than one reference to them all hanging out together post match. You mentioned other sports such as baseball and football not being relevant to pool. I disagree. The games themselves are different but the team aspect is the same. I played baseball through college and was on many, many teams throughout my career. I had many teammates that went on to play pro ball but the best TEAM I played on didn't have the best players (I had played with). We were successful because we liked each other and gelled as a team. That, in itself was a testament to the coach for recruiting quality players and players that in his mind would get along. This can also be taught through team building exercises which enables players to respect and trust their teammates. In watching the doubles matches it appeared most on the US players didn't trust one another's games and at times looked disconnected. If the Captain doesn't have the autonomy to select the players, he or she needs to have a plan on how they are going to gel the team into a cohesive unit that, at a minimum, respect and trust each other. The current US Team appeared to be a group of individuals whereas Team Europe was a cohesive unit striving for a singular goal. The entire mentality needs to change.

Look, I could be way off in my assessment. I'd be curious to know your feedback from a team building perspective having been involved in the whole process; start to finish.

Camaraderie is easy when you win all the time.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Why should the captain need to be a pro level player? Nobody on that team need tips, they need to play as a unit and be properly motivated to preform under pressure.

Those who can't do, coach.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We need a "manager". A LOT of great baseball managers weren't great players. They knew the game and how to arrange the players they had. Jay H. was a pretty good player, room owner, promoter,referee; you name it he's done it. I think he'd make a great pick as MC captain. Players at this level don't need a "coach" , what the need is a manager/director.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
What about Earl Strickland as coach? Talk about some fireworks! Miss a ball and Earl is on their asses!

We can make Trump president then we got to have Earl as Mosconi Cup Coach!

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would you care to remind me what happened the last time a lowly A player called out Keith McCready on AZB?

I've forgotten who won now. :rolleyes:

Pathetic, I must have missed that one. Can you provide the Reader's Digest version? A PM if you prefer.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why should the captain need to be a pro level player? Nobody on that team need tips, they need to play as a unit and be properly motivated to preform under pressure.

Those who can't do, coach.

I think, in the case of pool, it is an important factor. Hard to captain a bunch of pros when you can't or have never played at their level.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We need a "manager". A LOT of great baseball managers weren't great players. They knew the game and how to arrange the players they had. Jay H. was a pretty good player, room owner, promoter,referee; you name it he's done it. I think he'd make a great pick as MC captain. Players at this level don't need a "coach" , what the need is a manager/director.

As soon as a position for US MC Manager is posted we should nominate Jay. But right about now... the job available is: Captain.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about Earl Strickland as coach? Talk about some fireworks! Miss a ball and Earl is on their asses!

We can make Trump president then we got to have Earl as Mosconi Cup Coach!

Kd

I'm still thinking Jennifer Lawrence.

Lou Figueroa

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think, in the case of pool, it is an important factor. Hard to captain a bunch of pros when you can't or have never played at their level.

Lou Figueroa

Plenty of great coaches in the major sports that never played, and if they did, were hardly anything short of average.

Please explain why pool is any different?

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I'm still thinking Jennifer Lawrence.

Lou Figueroa
But, Trump might grab her by the pu$$y if the USA wins and gets a trip to the white house!!!

It is a Male Captain America! Not some pillow biting skirt! Let Earl coach and pick the team!

Kd