Valley Forge 10-Ball

kryptonite9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If anyone was around for the final 8 on Suday please let me know some results.

I know that Sharon O'Hanlon won the womens, congrats to her, she was so happy carrying around that big trophy. :thumbup:

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't know there was an event in Valley Forge this weekend. Have I been living under a rock or was it not very well advertised? I tend to take breaks from the internet so its possible that it was a much talked about event that I simply missed.

kryptonite9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It wasn't really advertised. The amount of players as rather small. I think most people there found out about it through the mailing list. I don't really know the details but Allen, CC, and Colleen made the best of it with mini-tournaments and satellites to minis all weekend. I just think there was alot going on this weekend. They had approx 110 in the open division and the top of the field was pretty strong.

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. I went out there last yr (or was it yr before??) during a summer event and I recall the turn out being quite small. The massive bldg not filld with vendors made the group look that much smaller. I think a group that size would have the walls bulging in a pool room but looks small in that big area.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Interesting mix of people this weekend. Downstairs pool tournament. Upstairs Pentacostal Christian meeting one weekend. Asian Indian meeting this weekend with another Christian meeting sharing upstairs! Had another meeting with my friend Dave Daya. Third straight event he was in my bracket. He won 5 -3, 5-3. Tired of seeing him:grin-square:. Great player! Got to admit, he gave me chances. Should have beaten him again.

Lyn

kryptonite9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lost to Dave as well. We went three sets. He won the first 5-4. I won the second 5-4 and the third, well. We both caught gears, his 5th, mine reverse. I don't mind losing to him, plays great, acts even better. I didn't go down Sunday and would like to know how the final 8 went.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny stuff re: Daya;):D

But don't you two be feeling special...he has won a few matches in his time!:eek:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Lost to Dave as well. We went three sets. He won the first 5-4. I won the second 5-4 and the third, well. We both caught gears, his 5th, mine reverse. I don't mind losing to him, plays great, acts even better. I didn't go down Sunday and would like to know how the final 8 went.

Sounds like me at Super Billiards Expo. Won the first set 5-1. Was up second set 3-1 and missed the only ball all day Saturday. He won 5-4 and 5-1. He definitely caught a gear! Seems to happen late in the day for him! Still cashed in both events so I didn't feel too bad. Still he's a tough, tough game.

Lyn

leepinleenie

Registered
results

Ceci or Allen will post a tournament report shortly, but here's what I recall
Main 1st Nelson Oliveira 2nd Shaun Wilkie 3/4 Dave Daya, Dave Grau 5/8 Bucky Souvanthong, Freddy Scott, Ed Matushoneck, Ryan McCreesh
Women 1st Sharon O'Hanlon 2nd Kim Meyer
Jr Champ Jonathan Castillo (sorry for my oldness, I can't remember the name of the young man he played)

TeamCastillo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Main 1st Nelson Oliveira 2nd Shaun Wilkie 3/4 Dave Daya, Dave Grau 5/8 Bucky Souvanthong, Freddy Scott, Ed Matushoneck, Ryan McCreesh
Jr Champ Jonathan Castillo (sorry for my oldness, I can't remember the name of the young man he played)

I've been looking out for any coverage as well and haven't seen it yet.

Jonathan is thrilled with the 16 and Under trophy. The first name of the young man he played in the finals is Dakota - unfortunately I don't recall his last name.

M

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is slightly off topic ,, but I heard that Allen Hopkins was planning after 2010 to move the SUPER BILLIARD EXPO........

Does anyone have any info reguarding a possible new location ????????

Last edited:

QueenB

Andonteven think about it
Silver Member

Know both Sharon and Kim from JPNewt. Congrats!