Videos of Members Playing the Ghost??

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
.......anyways does anyone else have any different ideas on how to make something like this work. I think there have been a lot of excellent suggestions so far. I don't think the nine should count on the break at all though.

I'm probably the worst player here and I would love for that to be one of the rules because I feel like that just kind of a luck win, just like I don't like the early 9 combo. I normally just rerack and break and don't count the game at all although I still count it as a loss if I miss said combo. When I play it's run all balls off then the 9 and that's the only way I win. Sounds like I've been a bit to hard on myself taking the scratch on the break as a loss too. :)

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
.......anyways does anyone else have any different ideas on how to make something like this work. I think there have been a lot of excellent suggestions so far. I don't think the nine should count on the break at all though.

If it's all for fun anyways, does it really matter? Easy to see if someone makes the 9 on the snap a number of times. Or if they have the rack such that it goes towards the corner most of the time and they are getting short racks because of it. For most on here, the 9 on the snap is nothing more than a gift. It is Christmas time, right? :D

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member
[I'm obviously back in the game, and going to continue to be for the foreseeable future. Doing something positive for the game is a personal, not public challenge.[/QUOTE]

Shoot a video for us playing the ghost so we can see how we compare skill wise to you. Once I figure out how to load a longer video up to youtube I will post one of me playing the 9, 10 and 12 ball ghost.
I grew up looking up to players like Buddy, Johnny, Kim and you. I am glad you are back playing and wish you would come out this way.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm probably the worst player here and I would love for that to be one of the rules because I feel like that just kind of a luck win, just like I don't like the early 9 combo. I normally just rerack and break and don't count the game at all although I still count it as a loss if I miss said combo. When I play it's run all balls off then the 9 and that's the only way I win. Sounds like I've been a bit to hard on myself taking the scratch on the break as a loss too. :)

Since you want to make all 9, just wondering if you spot up any balls made on the break??

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
You do lose when you scratch on the break, just like any other shot.

When you make an early combination on the 9 Ball you should continue to clear the table for the win. You do lose when you scratch on the break, just like any other shot.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aren't you just a burst of sunshine. :angel: It's refreshing to be called a liar by an anonymous poster on a pocket billiard forum....just doesn't get any better than this.

I'm obviously back in the game, and going to continue to be for the foreseeable future. Doing something positive for the game is a personal, not public challenge.

Are you playing at DCC this year?

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
14 ball ghost, this would give a good example of what you're looking for

Playing the 9 Ball ghost isn't going show you enough, I'd make one of beating the 14 ball ghost, this would give a good example of what you're looking for.

Here's one of me beating the "one pocket ghost" WITHOUT taking ball in hand off the break. CLICK HERE TO SEE FREE VIDEO

[I'm obviously back in the game, and going to continue to be for the foreseeable future. Doing something positive for the game is a personal, not public challenge.

Shoot a video for us playing the ghost so we can see how we compare skill wise to you. Once I figure out how to load a longer video up to youtube I will post one of me playing the 9, 10 and 12 ball ghost.
I grew up looking up to players like Buddy, Johnny, Kim and you. I am glad you are back playing and wish you would come out this way.[/QUOTE]

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since you want to make all 9, just wondering if you spot up any balls made on the break??

Lol good point, but when I'm playing the ghost in 8 ball I don't count the 8 on the break as a win either I spot the 8 or rerack. I do know an older gentleman that says he can break the 9 80% of the time and I tend to believe him. I've only shot a couple sessions of 9 ball and around here it gets kind of ugly... Don't have a shot... bang away and hope that 6 ball combo drops the 9. I'll admit I got frustrated fast with it. I digress... I had a teammate that was having a frustrating night and told this guy to just make the 9 on the break and end it. He asked if he really wanted him to and my teammate replied "Sure." Guy switches breaks cues winds up and shoots the 9 in the corner. It was pretty cool to see.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't have to pattern rack to run 6 racks with a magic rack. When you make a dead ball in the corner every time it's pretty easy. There's 12 year old kids that could accomplish this in a relatively short amount of time.

Actually if "all champions agree" it does make it true.....haven't you read the manual?

Your words are not proof CJ. Evidence is proof. Words are heresay.

Last edited:

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member
Playing the 9 Ball ghost isn't going show you enough, I'd make one of beating the 14 ball ghost, this would give a good example of what you're looking for.

Here's one of me beating the "one pocket ghost" WITHOUT taking ball in hand off the break. CLICK HERE TO SEE FREE VIDEO

I grew up looking up to players like Buddy, Johnny, Kim and you. I am glad you are back playing and wish you would come out this way.
[/QUOTE]

I have seen that, but I mean in a race to 7 or 9. The 9 ball ghost isn't that tough and probably won't show off all of your skills, the 10 will be a little tougher and the 12 even more tough. I believe you could help set a benchmark for the rest of us.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The "14 Ball Ghost" is played by breaking all 15 balls, then picking one

The 12 ball ghost isn't that difficult either, you actually will make a dead ball off the break.

The "14 Ball Ghost" is played by breaking all 15 balls, then picking one of the balls off....this can be the one ball, five ball, fifteen, or whatever ball you decide on.

Then, you run all the balls in rotation, no early combos, but you can shoot combos and continue shooting.

I have seen that, but I mean in a race to 7 or 9. The 9 ball ghost isn't that tough and probably won't show off all of your skills, the 10 will be a little tougher and the 12 even more tough. I believe you could help set a benchmark for the rest of us.
[/QUOTE]

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
you improve your stoke mechanics and pre shot routine.

I'm getting the feeling you are struggling to run 6 racks with a magic rack. It's okay, we've all been there, could I offer you some help? Perhaps a complimentary DVD, I'll let you choose one and send it directly to your house.

Merry Christmas

PS: I would recommend 'Ultimate Pool Secrets' for you, the 'Touch of Inside' may be too advanced until you improve your stoke mechanics and pre shot routine.

our words are not proof CJ. Evidence is proof. Words and heresay.

Last edited:

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member
The 12 ball ghost isn't that difficult either, you actually will make a dead ball off the break.

The "14 Ball Ghost" is played by breaking all 15 balls, then picking one of the balls off....this can be the one ball, five ball, fifteen, or whatever ball you decide on.

Then, you run all the balls in rotation, no early combos, but you can shoot combos and continue shooting.
[/QUOTE]

I will try that tonight then if I get a chance to practice. If you combo the 15 do you spot it or keep shooting? When I play the 9 ball ghost if the 9 goes early I have to spot it up but keep shooting. Will you shoot a video for the thread race to 7 or 9?

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
You win when the last ball on the table drops in.

When playing the ghost you shoot all the balls off the table in rotation....it doesn't matter what ball it is, you don't spot it up. You win when the last ball on the table drops in.

I will try that tonight then if I get a chance to practice. If you combo the 15 do you spot it or keep shooting? When I play the 9 ball ghost if the 9 goes early I have to spot it up but keep shooting. Will you shoot a video for the thread race to 7 or 9?[/QUOTE]

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting the feeling you are struggling to run 6 racks with a magic rack. It's okay, we've all been there, could I offer you some help? Perhaps a complimentary DVD, I'll let you choose one and send it directly to your house.

Merry Christmas

PS: I would recommend 'Ultimate Pool Secrets' for you, the 'Touch of Inside' may be too advanced until you improve your stoke mechanics and pre shot routine.

How insulting. You provide no evidence at any point in time, and as a last resort you insult my skill and attempt to hawk your wares again. You are pathetic CJ.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure the courts use video as evidence quite a bit.

Is a DVD not evidence. I'm pretty sure the courts use video as evidence quite a bit.

Just trying to be helpful, spreading Christmas cheer and holiday yuletides.

and yes, I am athletic. ;)
Funny-XMas-Cards.jpg

How insulting. You provide no evidence at any point in time, and as a last resort you insult my skill and attempt to hawk your wares again. You are pathetic CJ.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Shane's a great player, but there's just so many easy racks I can watch. Nothing against Shane, it would be true in any sport or game.......people love to see difficult shots, not easy ones. Watching a rack of 10 ball ran after making 4 balls and hanging the one in the corner is monotonous. My hat's off to you if you can watch more than a few games......it's tough.

Hmmmm........ Interesting

1,2 barbecue