Welcome Joe Gold aka "Cognoscenti"

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
My good friend Joe Gold has become a new member of AZB Forums under his world wide known cue "Cognoscenti" So when you see Cognoscenti has posted, it's Joe Gold!

He is a AAA class cue maker and is a huge addition to the forums family here on AZB.

Please give him a warm welcome from all of us here.

Welcome Joey!

Hugs and Love,

Eydie

Irish634

Whatever
Silver Member
Eydie Romano said:
My good friend Joe Gold has become a new member of AZB Forums under his world wide known cue "Cognoscenti" So when you see Cognoscenti has posted, it's Joe Gold!

He is a AAA class cue maker and is a huge addition to the forums family here on AZB.

Welcome Joey!

Hugs and Love,

Eydie

Welcome Mr. Gold. I look forward to reading your posts.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yo Joe, what's up dude! Now tell us some pool stories about your wars with Karabotsas, Michaels, Bandy, Spencer and Abruzzo. And of course any gossip on the Beard is always much appreciated. :)

This is a guy who grew up in the Chicago pool scene and was right there in the middle of everything that happened for a zillion years (yes, he's that old). Joe is a damn good storyteller and he saw Bugs and Arty and Billy in their prime battling all kinds of champions.

How about one story about Bugs and I'll leave you alone? WELCOME JOEY!

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome Mr. Gold.
Looking forward to reading your posts and hope to see some new creations from your shop (if you get back to building cues once again).

Myron

pharaoh68

Banned
So Eydie, did that whole "No questions asked" reward (aka 'I'll arrest the man who returns this cue') situation ever get resolved??

Bugz

Glutton for Punishment
Silver Member
Welcome Mr. Gold

pharaoh68 said:
So Eydie, did that whole "No questions asked" reward (aka 'I'll arrest the man who returns this cue') situation ever get resolved??

You should PM that question, this is not the thread for it.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope Joe starts posting regularly, and I hope he brings Bobby Hunter along with him!

Bastian

Sleepy
Silver Member
Great to see you here Joe, please ignore the asshats you will inevitably encounter.. we'll dispose of them properly :) Having a forum with some of the worlds greatest cuemakers is an amazing thing indeed.

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Welcome

Mr. Gold, your cue making reputation precedes you. Welcome to the forum, I look forward to your insights.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Eydie Romano said:

Welcome Joey!

Hugs and Love,

Eydie
Welcome Mr. Gold.

Now if you could get your friend Eydie to post a little more often, I would really be impressed.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Welcome to AZB Mr. Gold. I recently acquired 2-beautiful Cognoscenti cues, and they play great. These cues are perfect in every way, and I was told that one of them is a "hands of the masters" cue.

The only issue was learning how to spell Cognoscenti.

George Fels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've known Joe for a bit over 40 years, Jay, and I'm not aware he EVER played Bugs although you're right when you say he was around then. If it's a Bugs story you want, how 'bout the time he matched up with Freddy B., the coin went into the air, and Bugs shouted, "Tades!" GF

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
George Fels said:
I've known Joe for a bit over 40 years, Jay, and I'm not aware he EVER played Bugs although you're right when you say he was around then. If it's a Bugs story you want, how 'bout the time he matched up with Freddy B., the coin went into the air, and Bugs shouted, "Tades!" GF

George, I was pretty sure Joe never played Bugs, just that he had seen him in action a lot, and probably could tell us some good stories. I like his story telling almost as much as yours. He just doesn't know how to write. :)

Harold Smith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe Gold

Welcome to the forum. The Ebony and Ivory Cognoscenti is the prettiest cue I have ever seen.---Smitty

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Hey Smitty

Harold Smith said:
Welcome to the forum. The Ebony and Ivory Cognoscenti is the prettiest cue I have ever seen.---Smitty

I hope you didn't mind the high body count, Chiun kept having trouble with the television repair men and not being able to see his soap operas.

Remo

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aloha just a couple questions off the air

Mr. Joe Gold ( are your cues changing mm or inches) Length ? are the .845- 1.250 I'm 6'1 Am I too use this short cue 57 1/2 ? What are shaft tapers? Thanks hoping to hear from the lendegery man himself. thank you and have a wonderful time with azb mark it should help cue sales as well!

camargored

Camargo Red Cues
Silver Member
Welcome Joe

Havent seen you in a few years.Meet you through Weaver in Lex.Have a great day .Bill