Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jensen

I own a few of Mikes cues my self great players. His cues just don't bring what they should on resale. But my self I wouldn't let them go for less that 1500. The player is worth 800-1000 an that jump break is nice, I say at least 500 for it. Just my 2 cents but I love mikes cues an play with mine a lot. If you want to sell just the jump break cue let me know.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The fact that they are being unloaded so quickly makes me think they aren't great players so that kills an estimate.

1300 isn't far off

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It matters a little because if you bought them recently you can use the price as a ballpark value.

And if the OP just got them back and is already planning on dumping them, I'd value them lower. However, if the OP is just looking at a number to which he can put on his investment, then the price will obviously be higher. Keep in mind that if they are appraised for $1500, it's highly doubtful they will sell for $1500.

Simplest answer is they are worth whatever someone will pay for them.

IMO, Jensen cues play well, but are overpriced.

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
Overpriced?

Not calling into question your judgement but it's always been my impression that his cues were very much UNDERPRICED for what you get. Top notch build from a guy that's been at it a loooooong time. He just doesn't get the attention he should.

And if the OP just got them back and is already planning on dumping them, I'd value them lower. However, if the OP is just looking at a number to which he can put on his investment, then the price will obviously be higher. Keep in mind that if they are appraised for $1500, it's highly doubtful they will sell for $1500.

Simplest answer is they are worth whatever someone will pay for them.

IMO, Jensen cues play well, but are overpriced.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jensons are nice cue , from what I have seen , the player 12 to 13oo and the j/break , 900 to 1000.

Beautiful set . jim

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
The cues are monster players. They play great. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way they play. Mike is very well known for building a solid players cue. The old growth shafts weigh in at 4.35oz and are probably the best shafts I've ever had. The cues play lights out. Both of them.

I don't plan on selling them anytime soon. It was just a theoretical question. Too many negative nancies on here sometimes. I'm just trying to get a realistic idea of what they are worth because I bought them back from my buddy at the same price I sold them to him four years ago. That's all. Stop reading into it so much.

And yes the rest of you are right. Mike builds one hell of a players cue and is very underpriced. He always has been. It's a shame too because the quality of his builds are right up there with some of the best. But at the same time his lower pricing only means that an average working guy could get a cue at a more affordable price that is of the same quality and playability as some of the big boys without skipping a mortgage payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$19.00. I'll send you a check.

Please accept my humble apologies. It's not been a good day, but I had no right to be sarcastic to your question. I have no idea what such a beautiful set like yours would be worth. I would imagine, quit a bit.
Again, sorry:eek:

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not calling into question your judgement but it's always been my impression that his cues were very much UNDERPRICED for what you get. Top notch build from a guy that's been at it a loooooong time. He just doesn't get the attention he should.

No offense taken.

I've met Mike numerous times, although he probably would see me as another passer-by. I've been to Mike's home and his shop. It was mighty generous of him to allow me to come to his shop and home. However, I do not think some of his cues should cost what they do. When he quoted me $700 for a plain jane curly maple cue, I laughed. There are numerous cue makers out there that build a quality cue for far less. "It's a Jensen" has no value to me. That's just my opinion, so no one should get offended.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
what did you pay for them originally?? if you're thinking that you might make a profit, I would say you probably could, that a great looking set.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
The cues are monster players. They play great. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way they play. Mike is very well known for building a solid players cue. The old growth shafts weigh in at 4.35oz and are probably the best shafts I've ever had. The cues play lights out. Both of them.

I don't plan on selling them anytime soon. It was just a theoretical question. Too many negative nancies on here sometimes. I'm just trying to get a realistic idea of what they are worth because I bought them back from my buddy at the same price I sold them to him four years ago. That's all. Stop reading into it so much.

And yes the rest of you are right. Mike builds one hell of a players cue and is very underpriced. He always has been. It's a shame too because the quality of his builds are right up there with some of the best. But at the same time his lower pricing only means that an average working guy could get a cue at a more affordable price that is of the same quality and playability as some of the big boys without skipping a mortgage payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are preaching to the choir when it comes to Jensen cues.
This is the pair I have left, other than a third one that's really old, and sitting in Chris Byrne's shop hoping for a refinish.
They are monster players as well

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would agree 1600-1700$. The J/b has just as much work (if not more because of the added Insert and pin at A joint) ...don't let anyone lowball you...saw some prices on first page that are offensive.