What is "jimbos army" ?

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
pharaoh68 said:
Nope. I'm just a guy who has been here longer than a lot of others, yourself included. And I remember this place when it was a LOT better, before the bans. And before a lot of great posters left on their own, because like so many others, they saw this place beginning to slip.

I just checked, and I've been posting here just as long as you, and actually, a bit longer.

I remember how things were the very first week, or thereabouts, when I started posting.

After I posted something about Fast Larry, some people on AZ went ballistic, some thought I was he, and one of them in particular, Drivermaker (banned later on), threatened me, at least that's the way I took it. He denied it, saying it was all a joke and to lighten up.

Well, I didn't lighten up, and left. Later on, I came back.

I have no warm 'n fuzzy feelings for the wild west style of insults, and threats, that I experienced back then.

IMHO, AZ is just fine now, and has been for a long time, thank you.

Flex

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Flex said:
I just checked, and I've been posting here just as long as you, and actually, a bit longer.

And I got a few months on you :p No point here really, I'm just trying to get this thread to 10 pages :thumbup:

Dave

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Cornerman said:
Well, he has both a ton of knowledge and a ton of opinions. And he shares both.

Ditto with John Barton. Tons of knowledge and tons of opinions. And he shares them both.

red

HE MAY HAVE KNOWLEDGE, BUT HE SHARES HIS OPINIONS WAY MORE OFTEN.

I FIND IT FUNNY THAT HE MADE A POST ABOUT ME ON HIS COOL WEBSITE, AND THAT THE POST IS FILLED WITH OPINION, AND NOT FACT......BUT, I'M GLAD THAT I'M BEING MENTIONED, WE ALL KNOW THAT I JUST DO THIS FOR THE ATTENTION.

ISN'T IT FUNNY THAT JIM STILL BRINGS UP THAT OLD BS FROM VALLEY FORGE. I HAVEN'T THOUGHT ABOUT THAT IN QUITE SOME TIME, BUT IT STILL MAKES ME LAUGH THAT IT BOTHERS HIM ENOUGH TO STILL THINK ABOUT IT. BUT HE STILL INSISTS THAT I'M THE ONE THAT WANTS ATTENTION.

MARCUS<---WOULD START HIS OWN FORUM, BUT DOESN'T CARE THAT MUCH ABOUT ATTENTION

I HOPE JIMBO DOESN'T GET MAD...I JUST COMMITED "FONT COLOR DESIGN THEFT"

Last edited:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
After being sent some links I had to do a little research... I need to say a few things. I don't like Jim, I think he is a braggart, a moron and someone that needs more attention than anyone I know. If it wasn't for this little pond he tries so hard to be a big fish in, he might have no use outside of pouring a beer. A lot of things have been said in this thread that have been truthful, as well as slightly exaggerated. The easiest way to quell the ignorance is to ask him to prove something. You will be ignored immediately, or have the subject changed post haste.

Don't get me wrong, him and I had some fun together. We often discussed cues and cuemakers via AOL texting and e-mails. But that was before the "picture". We razzed the same people on RSB. But I can't live my life in a negative state for that long. Sometimes positive projection and a positive outlook is required to move on in life.

But what I found extremely funny, and ironically is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to his need to exaggerate facts when he thinks no one will look them up.

"I have been online taking part in forums and messages boards from the beginning I started around 95 (I have no memory left, so the dates may be off a bit) I am or was a member of many sites, I started on RSB and helped to create ASP, "

The above has been clipped from Jimbo's response to this thread. First I need to clarify some things. ASP was created in 1993 as a USENET group called alt.sport.pool RSB was created in 9/94 or thereabouts. There was a migration from ASP to RSB because the rec.sport groups are more widely picked up on internet servers than the alt. groups. So therefore Jim did NOT create the internet pool world as he describes. It was already in existence. His own first post according to the google group search by Jimboct@aol.com was Aug 31, 1998. So if it is accurate, he is off, way off.

However what he is describing is the story of his internet existence. He got p.o'd at RSB and migrated for a time back to ASP to get away from people he didn't like or didn't like him. Does that sound familiar? Pretty much his status quo.

Do I expect him to change his story.. no, he'll say I know someone and I am getting google to falsify information. Maybe even that I conspired to have his other earlier posts deleted. Or maybe I am a Google dealer...

JV (--first internet pool post 1996.. verifiable :D

Last edited:

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
JUST FOR EVERYBODY READING THE THREAD AT THE JIMBO ARMY SITE.....

MY DISLIKE FOR JIM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE EVENT THAT HE REFERS TO IN HIS OPENING POST. I HAVEN'T EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT, OR BROUGHT THAT UP IN QUITE SOME TIME.

TO BE HONEST, I'M NOT SURE WHERE JIM AND I STARTED TO DISAGREE. WE EVEN SHARED SOME GOOD PM'S AND E-MAILS BACK IN THE DAY.

I'M THINKING IT WAS WHEN I STARTED TO POST MY COLLECTION PICTURES. I'M NOT SURE WHY THIS WOULD BOTHER JIM SO MUCH, BUT APPARENTLY SHARING MY CUES MAKES ME A "SHOW OFF" (I FIND IT STRANGE THAT JIM GOES TO THE ICC SHOWS, BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM A SHOW OFF)

I LOOK AT IT DIFFERENTLY..... THERE ARE COLLECTORS LIKE JIM, THAT DON'T/WON'T SHARE THEIR CUES ONLINE, AND TO ME THAT'S STUPID. I'D RATHER SHARE THE PICTURES/CUES WITH GUYS THAT NORMALLY WOULD HAVE NEVER SEEN THE CUES. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT???

MARCUS<---LOVES TO SHOW OFF (AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN READING)

P.S. JIM, SINCE I KNOW YOUR READING THIS.....YOU SHOULD KNOW THE FACTS OF A DEAL BEFORE YOU SPOUT OFF..... I'M SURE YOU THINK YOU KNOW THEM, BUT YOU REALLY DON'T. YOUR INFO WAS THIRD HAND.

Last edited:

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was a member of Jimbo Army for a number of years. The group would always get together at the SBE, and a handful would usually go out one night for a nice dinner. I will always think fondly of the times that I shared with that group.

Sadly, as life advances, a number of the members have stepped away from billiards. I believe that this was the onset of the decline. Later, Facebook had a larger effect.

These days, I'm not sure where the members congregate, if at all. There was discussion of creating a FB group, though I have not seen it. From what I can tell, the members which were still active in the billiard community are mostly still active here.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was a member of Jimbo Army for a number of years. The group would always get together at the SBE, and a handful would usually go out one night for a nice dinner. I will always think fondly of the times that I shared with that group.

Sadly, as life advances, a number of the members have stepped away from billiards. I believe that this was the onset of the decline. Later, Facebook had a larger effect.

These days, I'm not sure where the members congregate, if at all. There was discussion of creating a FB group, though I have not seen it. From what I can tell, the members which were still active in the billiard community are mostly still active here.
Never went to the dinners, but was invited (not by Jim) a couple times to hotel room gatherings.
Suppose you could say I sort of crashed the party with much encouragement from Dieckman.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Unless you were a member the real content was hidden.

When it got started I hosted it on my server. I knew (and still don't) know anything about being a webmaster and lost it when the server crashed and my back ups were corrupt.
You were one of the reasons I used to read it.
I posted a pic of that helicopter.....and I think your cues fantastic.

DaveK

Silver Member
Unless you were a member the real content was hidden.

When it got started I hosted it on my server. I knew (and still don't) know anything about being a webmaster and lost it when the server crashed and my back ups were corrupt.
Ya, that was a bummer. I hope your real work did not suffer too much. I had a few photo-essays and photo-quips that were lost. A favorite was my photo of a Sharpie in a collet in my mill :D

I miss many of the folks that hung out around there ... Steve E (catscradle), Dave "Koop", Jim B, Bill S (drivermaker) and many others.

Dave

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya, that was a bummer. I hope your real work did not suffer too much. I had a few photo-essays and photo-quips that were lost. A favorite was my photo of a Sharpie in a collet in my mill :D

I miss many of the folks that hung out around there ... Steve E (catscradle), Dave "Koop", Jim B, Bill S (drivermaker) and many others.

Dave
Where is drivermaker? I enjoyed reading him. I see catscradle and Koop on Facebook from time to time.

DaveK

Silver Member
Where is drivermaker? I enjoyed reading him. I see catscradle and Koop on Facebook from time to time.
I suspect drivermaker is out golfing in Florida. Glad to hear that Steve and Dave are still on some Internet-thingies. A few weeks back I asked someone here from Boston about Dave and they had seen him in a pool hall recently, so that too is a good sign. My wife and I are hoping to get to Boston some day and hopefully I can connect with those guys ... and maybe drive down to Connecticut to hassle Jimmy.

Jim, if you are reading this I still have your number !

Dave

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
I suspect drivermaker is out golfing in Florida. Glad to hear that Steve and Dave are still on some Internet-thingies. A few weeks back I asked someone here from Boston about Dave and they had seen him in a pool hall recently, so that too is a good sign. My wife and I are hoping to get to Boston some day and hopefully I can connect with those guys ... and maybe drive down to Connecticut to hassle Jimmy.

Jim, if you are reading this I still have your number !

Dave
Dave and I text on occasion. We live too close to actually see each other!