What is my corsair cue worth?

Chembry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Could I get some opinions on what my Corsair Cue is worth? I do not know the real value of the cue. I have provided links to some pictures (the files were too big to upload). What I know about the cue is stated below.

Specs:
-19 oz Corsair made from a full splice John Davis blank (lacewood into
maple)
-4 veneers gold, light blue, natural, and black (inside to out)
-phenolic joint 3/8-10 and hoppe ring
-Jacoby refinished it and put on a leather wrap
-2 shafts one original and one not original
original shaft has a diameter 12.9mm and matching ring, minimal play
non-original shaft has a diameter of 12.48mm with an ivory ferrule and
plain black joint collar, med. morri tip, some play
-The cue is fairly new and in 99% condition has no dings, dents, or
chips

http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/oo83/Chembry/?action=view&current=PointsandJoint.jpg
http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/oo83/Chembry/?action=view&current=PointsVeneers.jpg
http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/oo83/Chembry/?action=view&current=Joint.jpg
http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/oo83/Chembry/?action=view&current=ButtHoppeRing.jpg
http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/oo83/Chembry/?action=view&current=ButtHandle.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

saddlebow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
is the butt cap stamped with a corsair logo, and if so, does it have dashes or dots on each side? you might also take a look at corsaircustomcues.com; I understand they're pretty good about identifying and verifiying their own work.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
johndaviscues.jpgI don't know what it is worth but I have one too. top one.

Attachments

• corsaircues003.jpg
    corsaircues003.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 627

Chembry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
saddlebow said:
is the butt cap stamped with a corsair logo, and if so, does it have dashes or dots on each side? you might also take a look at corsaircustomcues.com; I understand they're pretty good about identifying and verifiying their own work.

No there is no corsair logo on it but it is listed under the exotic cues on their website. It is the last cue on that page. It has been modified since corsair finished it.

DWBOD

Game Over!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
You would be doing good to get $1000 out of it. I have had several and still currently have one, it doesn't matter what the Blue Book says on these cues, they will not bring the money. On the other hand they typically play great and Roger Korsiak is a first rate guy to deal with. Best of luck!

Doug

Chembry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
DWBOD said:
You would be doing good to get $1000 out of it. I have had several and still currently have one, it doesn't matter what the Blue Book says on these cues, they will not bring the money. On the other hand they typically play great and Roger Corsiar is a first rate guy to deal with. Best of luck!

Doug

Thanks for the info. The cue plays great, so I don't think I will be getting rid of it anytime soon. I just don't know too much about cues made from Jon Davis blanks. Thanks again.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
My other two in that picture above are Alex Brick's made from Davis blanks.

I also have a couple of Scott Gracio John Davis cues.

Chembry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
dmgwalsh said:
My other two in that picture above are Alex Brick's made from Davis blanks.

I also have a couple of Scott Gracio John Davis cues.

They are all great looking cues!! I will probably look for more davis blank cues in the future!!

DWBOD

Game Over!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Chembry said:
Thanks for the info. The cue plays great, so I don't think I will be getting rid of it anytime soon. I just don't know too much about cues made from Jon Davis blanks. Thanks again.
I noticed that you changed Roger's last name in my post from Korsiak to Corsair, The correct last name for Hank and Roger both was/is Korsiak, just in case you try to look them up.

Doug

Chembry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
DWBOD said:
I noticed that you changed Roger's last name in my post from Korsiak to Corsair, The correct last name for Hank and Roger both was/is Korsiak, just in case you try to look them up.

Doug
You are right. I am wrong. Sorry if I offended you.

DWBOD

Game Over!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
No offense at all, just wanted you to know in case you wanted to try to find some info on them.

Doug

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
DWBOD said:
You would be doing good to get $1000 out of it. I have had several and still currently have one, it doesn't matter what the Blue Book says on these cues, they will not bring the money. On the other hand they typically play great and Roger Korsiak is a first rate guy to deal with. Best of luck!

Doug

Agreed 100%.....great cues. - Corsair - is a tremendously undervalued vintage cue imho. Hank built really nice playing cues and his cored phenolic forearms were ahead of their time. Roger carries the legacy on and is a super great guy.