What Pro has gotten the most out of the talent God gave him/her

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
most...anybody that has earned comfortably (non gambling) over and above a 9-5 for an extended period

that's a daunting near impossible task in pool, easy guesses would be alex, efren, earl, maybe mikka?

least...anybody that didn't quite do the above but maybe could have, Mark tadd maybe,

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
The 2 Willies - Masconi and Hoppe

How can people after all these internet years still be misspelling Mosconi?

I understand that on his little book, the cursive handwriting could mislead someone to think that it was spelled differently, but in this age, we know what is what.

Freddie <~~~ spelling police

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I spelled it the way Fats said it
That doesn't make it right

Sorry

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see any evidence for a god. So I really don't follow that logic. Skill and proficiency in any given area is a combination of genes and enviroment.
Given those circumstances I would cast a vote for Efren Reyes.

Pangit

Banned
I don't see any evidence for a god. So I really don't follow that logic. Skill and proficiency in any given area is a combination of genes and enviroment.

I agree about God, there is no evidence. I was trying to be nice.

The natural talent Darwin talked about might be a better way of putting it.
;)

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
I don't see any evidence for a god.
So I really don't follow that logic.
Skill and proficiency in any given area,
is a combination of genes and enviroment.
Then how can the child of poor, uneducated parents be a child genius or prodigy?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then how can the child of poor, uneducated parents be a child genius or prodigy?

I'm not gonna go into Darwins ideas or genetics here. It's a pool forum.but if you believe a talent is a gift from god, you have at the same time invoked that gods responsability for all the less fortunate people, whi try just as hard and don't make it.
The problem of sufffering is a questions that theology really don't have a good answer for.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Kim,

Agree with Efren. Was going to say Mike Sigel but his ego seems to have gotten in the way. Perhaps Ronnie O'Sullivan?

Lyn

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
that god is responsible for all the less fortunate people.
The problem of sufffering is a questions that theology really don't have a good answer for.
He is a "hands off manager", absentee landlord.
He have choice and suffer because of our decisions.
G__ started his project and sits back and watches the results, picking out the best results after.

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is a "hands off manager", absentee landlord.
He have choice and suffer because of our decisions.
G__ started his project and sits back and watches the results, picking out the best results after.

I don't want to discuss religion here. If this is a conversation you would like to have, please send me a PM.

Kim