What's the hardest leather tip that holds chalk well?

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
What's the hardest leather tip that holds chalk well? I've had enough of this soft tip. Looking for a very hard tip for a playing cue that has a good sound and holds chalk.

I love hard milk duds but thought I'd give something else a try if anyone has recommendations.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
What's the hardest leather tip that holds chalk well? I've had enough of this soft tip. Looking for a very hard tip for a playing cue that has a good sound and holds chalk.

I love hard milk duds but thought I'd give something else a try if anyone has recommendations.
Outsville technodud, also try out a box of 50 lepros or water buffalo, some will be shit others will be great! worth it when you get a good one.

madman1nonly

Fine Handmade Cue Tips
Silver Member

Madman Hard Tips
Juan Rios
Thanks

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'd recommend a Samsara J/B tip. Although not leather, the Predator tip on the Rush break cue can be chalked and played with. I'm not sure that you'd say that either has a "good" sound.

Keith

customcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try Zan GripHard or Boost. Both have great grip and holds chalk very well.
use the GripHard on cues I use time by time with a regular non LD maple shaft.
Works and plays very good on these type of shafts.

chefjeff

Nazis are back.
Silver Member
maxresdefault.jpg

If you can kill 'em at just the right time, there are some good hard tips out there.

Jeff Livingston

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
maxresdefault.jpg

If you can kill 'em at just the right time, there are some good hard tips out there.

Jeff Livingston
😲 🤣I have a feeling it's a fine line, there's a risk you'd get a tip with too much squirt.

Try Zan GripHard
I got one and... HOE LEE SHEET! What a great tip.

I'll put a mini review for anyone interested, but I'll just say if you like a hard tip and want your cue to feel like a surgical instrument, this is the way to go. Thank you so very much for the suggestion, this tip is THE NUTZ! :love: