Whitten cases made in china

Whitten

Registered
We recently became aware of the fact that WHITTEN CASES are being manufactured in China using our NAME inside the top and also using our LOGO on the case. The company that is responsible is LONG CHEN CUE CASE FACTORY.

WE WANT TO MAKE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR THAT:

--We did NOT authorize the production of these cases.
--We do NOT approve of the production or distribution of these cases.
--We will NOT be responsible for any repairs of these cases.
--We do NOT have a contract with LONG CHEN CUE CASE FACTORY or any other company in China to produce our case.

We had a one year contract with LONG CHEN CUE CASE FACTORY which ended in June of 2009. During that year no cue cases were ever approved for distribution or sale. We did not continue the contract because of quality and communication problems.

We want the world to know that LONG CHEN CUE CASE FACTORY is using our NAME and LOGO against our wishes and without our approval.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD

THANK YOU.

The Whitten Family

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Omg!!!!!!

WOW this must be a nightmare for the Whitten business. There seems to be NO protection for small AMERICAN businesses today. It makes me wonder if and when the politicians or (whoever is in charge) will start to help out the law abiding folks in America that are trying to stay afloat. After all they pay the taxes that help to keep this country alive and they certainly deserve to have their business interests protected. Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the folks that want to buy from American businesses that are here in America trying to survive!

GOOD LUCK TO THE WHITTEN FAMILY!!!!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
This is the same company that is making the Jack Justis West cases and which has copied every case maker's work for the last 20 years. According to to a post on here by Jack they have failed to live up to their financial obligation to Jack yet they continue to make the Justis West cases and trade on Jack's name.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We recently became aware of the fact that WHITTEN CASES are being manufactured in China using our NAME inside the top and also using our LOGO on the case. The company that is responsible is LONG CHEN CUE CASE FACTORY.

--We do NOT have a contract with LONG CHEN CUE CASE FACTORY or any other company in China to produce our case.

We had a one year contract with LONG CHEN CUE CASE FACTORY which ended in June of 2009. During that year no cue cases were ever approved for distribution or sale. We did not continue the contract because of quality and communication problems.

We want the world to know that LONG CHEN CUE CASE FACTORY is using our NAME and LOGO against our wishes and without our approval.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD

THANK YOU.

The Whitten Family

Other than the quality of their work not being on par with the Whitten family quality, is there any other way people can tell quickly that a case is not made by you?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bad news guys. In China they "knock off" EVERYTHING! Believe me their government could care less as long as they get their cut. You have to be careful about saying stuff like this if you live there. Watch your step JB!

junior718

Skyline Billiard Club
Silver Member

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD

THANK YOU.

The Whitten Family

That means us NY'rs can find them on Canal St?? Same guy selling the Folex watches and Bucci handbags?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Bad news guys. In China they "knock off" EVERYTHING! Believe me their government could care less as long as they get their cut. You have to be careful about saying stuff like this if you live there. Watch your step JB!

It's definitely brutal and hard to fade. Often the factories doing the copying are "protected" because they are owned in whole or in part by local government officials or army people. Or they are protected by the local police because they represent jobs and bribes.

We were just in Guangzhou and there is a shopping street where you are approached by people who will take you to semi-hidden shops where you can can get copies of any brand name at any quality level. And a lot of these shops have "backrooms" where the really good stuff is kept.

Predator is being knocked off every which way here as is McDermott and other name brands. Even the domestically produced brands get knocked off.

One bar here in Xiamen lost their loyal following because they deliberately switched to a counterfeit brand of beer.

The thing is that the average consumer has virtually no chance to know if the product is real or not especially if they are not very familiar with the real thing.

As you know Jay there are many shops here which seem to be real brand stores, Gucci, Prada etc... but I feel that one would never know for sure if the items in that store were real or not.

As I told Dan I haven't yet seen a counterfeit Whitten but it doesn't surprise me that they are being made and distributed. I have seen plenty of the Whitten knockoffs that don't use the Whitten brand.

About the only thing that Whitten or any foreign brand of cues and cases has going for it in China is the fact that there are some sellers from Taiwan who are interested in selling the real thing and have a vested interest in ferreting out the counterfeit products.

I will post a message to my blog about this - hopefully that will help a little bit.

the_general

I love Ivory.
Silver Member
I wouldn't be surprised about this. This just fuels my doubts when we repaired a US$1100 McDermott cue. When we "dismantled' the cue, I knew there was something different immediately. :) On the outside, it seems like it is the US$1100 cue it was meant to be. But when I touched the rubber bumper, I raised my eyebrows... when we opened the cue and the insides were revealed, then I really doubled my doubts on the authenticity of the cue. Just be very careful guys.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Don't buy Chinese... take back America... :thumbup:

Rah.. rah... rah...Hooray for the red white and blue... dah dah dah dah dah... Remember for every Chinese 6 year old making cases.. that's one job a redneck in W. Virginia could be doing for min wage.. or at it's worst an illegal alien in LA... :D

JV

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
It just "business". Guess who they learned it from? Corporate US! That's who!! :groucho:

Last edited:

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD

THANK YOU.

The Whitten Family

Can you clarify what the 1 year contract means? Were you thinking of moving your production to China?

SPINDOKTOR

lool wtf??
Silver Member
how can they do this? i mean you have a copyright? :confused:

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD

THANK YOU.

The Whitten Family

hdgis1

If my memory serves me correct, that big long thread about Justis West cases contained all kinds of praise about Jack expanding his business. Why do I get the sense that you guys are trying to give the Whittens a hard time for thinking about doing the same thing?

Chris

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Cheap Chinese labor is a big temptation for businesses. Make 'em cheaper, better profits, right? But it's like dancing with the devil. When they are involved in manufacturing a product there's a real good chance the materials used will not only be cheaper, but potentially they can be hazardous to your health as we have seen in the news. It truly is like the wild, wild west over there in the far, far east. And oh yeah, the quality of their manufacuring, the work itself aside from low grade materials, also ain't so hot. :mad:

I always do my level best not to buy anything made in China.

Brian kc