who pay the fees

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ccn7 said:
i read all the great stuff posted on here about IPT..i understand that an 899.00 one time fee is required to join and a 199.00 each tournment fee is charged..my questions is arent most the players gona be known pro's and have sponsors like cuetec fury scorpion and all the others..so in actuality the players are not putting up their money per say..and wouldnt it be to anvantage for them to get their player in on this for the coverage..i think this is a great oppurtinuity for players and sponsors alike..i see it as an all win win situation for the players with sponsors..we have golf shoes tennis shoes football shoes basketball shoes baseball shoes track shoes maybe time for pool shoes..ive even seen special shoes for arm wrestling..is that keith wearing the Nike new pro tour line ..yeah buddy

I would think, there are not really enough sponsored players with any real money in back of them to fill even a small field of players, most players pay their own way. They also may lose the ones who may live close to the happening tournament and don't travel full time but will play if it is close. They won't put up that kind of money to play in just a tournament here and there. Not to mention the donators who have no chance but fill out much the field in many tournaments. They will never put up that kind of money. That fee may be a road block.

AceHigh

Banned
ccn7 said:
i read all the great stuff posted on here about IPT..i understand that an 899.00 one time fee is required to join and a 199.00 each tournment fee is charged..my questions is arent most the players gona be known pro's and have sponsors like cuetec fury scorpion and all the others..so in actuality the players are not putting up their money per say..and wouldnt it be to anvantage for them to get their player in on this for the coverage..i think this is a great oppurtinuity for players and sponsors alike..i see it as an all win win situation for the players with sponsors..we have golf shoes tennis shoes football shoes basketball shoes baseball shoes track shoes maybe time for pool shoes..ive even seen special shoes for arm wrestling..is that keith wearing the Nike new pro tour line ..yeah buddy

why the hell would someone make shoes for pool? that's about the most stupid thing anyone has ever said on this board. I play just as well regardless of whether I'm in sneakers, sandals, boots, or barefoot. Also, is it necessary to end everyone of your sentences with two periods. I find that one usually does the job..

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AceHigh said:
why the hell would someone make shoes for pool? that's about the most stupid thing anyone has ever said on this board. I play just as well regardless of whether I'm in sneakers, sandals, boots, or barefoot. Also, is it necessary to end everyone of your sentences with two periods. I find that one usually does the job..

Actually one of Pool's celebrated player/authors suggested in his books that a player should wear the most long lasting comfortable shoe you can find & have 2 pair just in case you need to wear them an extremely long time.

That works for me. ACEHIGH, if you want to waer all them kinds of shoes, be my guest.

Cane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AceHigh said:

Actually, I wear shoes that my orthopedist suggested for me to wear JUST TO PLAY POOL. Why?? (note the two question marks) Because they are more comfortable, and when playing long sets, my feet don't hurt... If you can wear all those shoes and be comfortable, then more power to you, but not everyone can, AceHigh!!!! Some of us just aren't as footwear versatile as others.....

By the way, I used progressive punctuation. one period, 2 question marks, 3 periods, 4 exclamation marks, and 5 periods... Did this in honor of ccn7.

BTW, The 899 LIFETIME fee is pretty damn reasonable. The 199 entry fee for the big tournaments is DAMN CHEAP. If you consider other pro sanctioning bodies where you have to pay an annual membership fee, then you're way over the top of the $899 lifetime fee for the IPT in NO TIME! Plus, consider tournaments like the US Open. Let's see... the cheapest winning payout on the IPT tour for tournaments already scheduled is $200,000 for first place. Entry Fee: $199. The US Open pays what, about $60,000 to win... entry fee is MORE than twice as much than the IPT entry fee. Do the math. It's a win/win for the players.

I WAS a business owner for most of my life, everything from Engineering Consultant to Pool Rooms (retired now). So far as sponsors are concerned if I were going to sponsor a player, I'd want that player playing with the tour that was most actively seeking TV coverage... and Pay Per View!!! DAMN! What I wouldn't give to see one of my players wearing "Bob's Perfect Pool Glove" logos on his shirt on a PPV event. I think the sponsors are going to be very active in seeking access to players that are regulars on the televised events... maybe even NON-POOL RELATED sponsors.

Later,
Bob