Who thinks they'll still show?

cmssuits

"Hi, I'm Jimmy P!"
Silver Member
I think most of the players will still show up for Chicago even if they haven't been paid yet for Reno, or even if they get paid right before the Chicago event. Especially since there's no unity among the players and individually they still have more to gain if the IPT succeeds than if it fails.

If I were a "touring pro," it's a chance I'd take.

Who thinks most players will roll the dice and show for "the show?"

Donald
 

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
cmssuits said:
I think most of the players will still show up for Chicago even if they haven't been paid yet for Reno, or even if they get paid right before the Chicago event. Especially since there's no unity among the players and individually they still have more to gain if the IPT succeeds than if it fails.

If I were a "touring pro," it's a chance I'd take.

Who thinks most players will roll the dice and show for "the show?"

Donald

I dont thik thats the real question. The reason being the only reason chicago will go ahead is if he has got some sort of investment to cover the reno AND chicago cheques. He would have to have balls the size of zeplins to turn up in chicago without his cheque book in hand.

If chicago goes ahead 90% will turn up because they simply won't believe he wont have the cash. The other 10% probably just won't get the cash in time to make international travel plans.

The real question is will the IPT fold/cancel chicago? :confused:
 

cmssuits

"Hi, I'm Jimmy P!"
Silver Member
No- my question stands....

TheOneImTellinNot2HijackMyThread,

I'm assuming Chicago will take place. They haven't cancelled Chicago as of right now. And I'm sure he's got at least zeplin size brass.

Thanks for not hijacking my thread.


Donald :D
 

av84fun

Banned
The One...<<If chicago goes ahead 90% will turn up because they simply won't believe he wont have the cash. The other 10% probably just won't get the cash in time to make international travel plans.>>

I agree that most will show up...and that most will elect to play even IF they are not paid for Reno. Then everyone will head over to Chris's and try to gamble back their trip expenses!! (-:
 

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
av84fun said:
The One...<<If chicago goes ahead 90% will turn up because they simply won't believe he wont have the cash. The other 10% probably just won't get the cash in time to make international travel plans.>>

I agree that most will show up...and that most will elect to play even IF they are not paid for Reno. Then everyone will head over to Chris's and try to gamble back their trip expenses!! (-:

I'm sorry I can't reply its not my thread! :D
 

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
cmssuits said:
I think most of the players will still show up for Chicago even if they haven't been paid yet for Reno, or even if they get paid right before the Chicago event. Especially since there's no unity among the players and individually they still have more to gain if the IPT succeeds than if it fails.

If I were a "touring pro," it's a chance I'd take.

Who thinks most players will roll the dice and show for "the show?"

Donald

I'm 100% with you. I think it would be a huge mistake for the players as individuals, or a group, to boycott the Chicago tournament under any circumstances. The players are the good guys here and are really the true ambassadors, and heart of the future of the game.

Regardless of Mr. Trudeaus past, a few good nickels were spent trying to get this thing in the air. If the IPT fails, I think it's better for the long term interest of the players if the blame falls entirely on the shoulders of one person rather than two hundred.

In my personal opinion, it's not about what's right or wrong, it's about making the best out of a bad situation.
 

Island Drive

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Da Poet said:
I'm 100% with you. I think it would be a huge mistake for the players as individuals, or a group, to boycott the Chicago tournament under any circumstances. The players are the good guys here and are really the true ambassadors, and heart of the future of the game.

Regardless of Mr. Trudeaus past, a few good nickels were spent trying to get this thing in the air. If the IPT fails, I think it's better for the long term interest of the players if the blame falls entirely on the shoulders of one person rather than two hundred.

In my personal opinion, it's not about what's right or wrong, it's about making the best out of a bad situation.

It'll be interesting to see which Phillipine players do and don't, tho I think decisions will be made before they come, not when they are here. But at this point its hersay, or is it HeSay.
 

cmssuits

"Hi, I'm Jimmy P!"
Silver Member
TheOne said:
I'm sorry I can't reply its not my thread! :D


I don't feel sorry for you, that was just plain thoughtless and mean spirited of you and it deeply hurt my feelings....Shame. :D

Buwahahah!
 

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
A much more interesting question is this:

IF the pros do show upand don't get paid immediately, how well will they play, considering they are not even sure that there will be a payoff in the end?

We all know how mental the game of pool is at the highest level. If the pros have that nagging suspicion throughtout the tournament that they are just being taken advantage of, and there is no more money, and they are effectively playing for ****s and giggles, how will they play?

And I know I for one, would be a little nervous playing Chicago anyway if I did not have Reno money in hand. If it all falls down after Chicago, a lot of people are going to be asking "Why on earth did you play anyway, since he hadn't paid for Reno yet?"

That would be an embarassing question to answer.

Russ
 
i think i have the real answer, based on my discusions with several pro players.

But i'll refrain from answering because craig's been prohibited from participating in this thread.

rg
 

justnum

Principal Investigator of Magic Trick Shots
Silver Member
as a proud father I for one have always known this to be true

the best indicators of tomorrow are the things that happen today.

and my kids are only nice when they want something.
 

jjinfla

Banned
I can't believe you guys. You are still thinking Chicago will take place. You guys are soft as s@@@.

Damn, no wonder pool players get suckered so easily.
 

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Well

Island Drive said:
It'll be interesting to see which Phillipine players do and don't, tho I think decisions will be made before they come, not when they are here. But at this point its hersay, or is it HeSay.

If they are not paid prior, Puyat may just send a 'representative' for them to talk to Trudeau privately in the alley behind the Wynn about midnight. Does Trudeau know what a butterfly knife is? .... lol
 

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
jjinfla said:
I can't believe you guys. You are still thinking Chicago will take place. You guys are soft as s@@@.

Damn, no wonder pool players get suckered so easily.


Willing to take me up on my avatar wager sir?
 

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
Da Poet said:
Willing to take me up on my avatar wager sir?

I already took you up on your wager. You are going to lose, as the bet was on them getting paid before such and such a date. I don't think they will get paid at all.

Again, I hope I'm wrong, but yer not allowed to bet two people this bet, as it is for a 30 day avatar change. Unless you're allowing them to stack on top of each other. It would be kinda funny to see you with dorky avatars for 6 months.

Russ
 

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
Russ Chewning said:
I already took you up on your wager. You are going to lose, as the bet was on them getting paid before such and such a date. I don't think they will get paid at all.

Again, I hope I'm wrong, but yer not allowed to bet two people this bet, as it is for a 30 day avatar change. Unless you're allowing them to stack on top of each other. It would be kinda funny to see you with dorky avatars for 6 months.

Russ

Ahhh, well ya see I rejected a portion of your counteroffer in my other thread but I didn't get a direct response, henceforth not completing said offer and acceptance. Therefore, the first person willing to accept the terms of the wager as posted here,


http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=43682

may post it on the other thread. :D :D
 

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
Da Poet said:
I say the IPT will pay the players from Reno before November 26th, 2006, the first scheduled day of the Chicago tournament.

I am accepting this bet...

Russ
 

Island Drive

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Russ Chewning said:
I am accepting this bet...

Russ

Too bad you can't get him to post up. Another interesting bet would be,how many more letters will KT put out before Chi Town, feels like 3.
 

jjinfla

Banned
Da Poet said:
Willing to take me up on my avatar wager sir?


Nah, I wouldn't even know what avatar to give you. As Doug says, what's an avatar? You notice I don't have one.

Tell you what though, I need a break from this site so if all the players are paid what they won at Reno by midnight, Nov 25th 2006 I will ban myself from this site for the rest of the year. And if they are not paid by that date then you must ban yourself for the rest of the year.

Since you live in Chicago have you made the trip to Elmhurst and talked with the people there? Have you called the number on the for rent sign to see just what is for rent. It might be interesting to know if the IPT lease will be up shortly and it is not being renewed.

Jake
 
Top