wild response from an e-bay seller.

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
i bought a cue from this seller and had a bid on another. i asked if he had more and he responded he had another 6 cues. everytime i asked if the were straight, he was evasive. i finally said just answer the questions. he said i was nitpicking for asking and i told him he was evasive, his last response was as follows -

1. first of all the cue you purchased has a wobble to both shaft and butt, however it's not that bad.
2. The cue you are bidding on is about the same maybe a little better, rolled separately they each have a slight warp but put them together and crack the joint open it roll very straight so I would say the shaft and butt need to be faced off and the cue would be almost perfect again.
3. looking at the pictures we sent you and reading then from left to right this is our findings.
Butt- 1,3,6 are the worst
Butt-2,4,5 are the best
Shaft- 1,4,6 are the best
Shaft- 2,3,5 are the best.
Now if you take in consideration these were all made in #### and they did not pay very good attention to the grain of the wood when turning down the shaft and butt, The butts and shafts are not really crooked they are more egg shaped due the way they were cut. All of these cues could be made into very nice playable cues again... you could face off the shaft and butt and offset these two to force the straight roll if you had the lathe to do this! as for the butts they could be cut in half offset and pined back together and this would make the butt perfectly straight again all is very doable by any cue maker or repair guy.
The end result is these were never intended to be sold as a perfect cue but more like a collector piece, they are new meaning never played with or chalked which is considered to be new condition. most cue collectors know what they are getting into with these older cues and don't really care about the rolling of the cue but more interested in the history behind them.
This is also explained in the blue book of cues and the Billiards Encyclopedia.

That's all I can tell you so it's up to you.

no wonder he was tight lipped. once he got started, he just couldn't shut up!! lmao!

this is just for it's entertainment value and i won't be outing him here.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
"Our pool cues are not warped -- they are scientifically curved to counteract every player's naturally crooked stroke and to eliminate cue ball deflection.

We off a lifetime guarantee that the scientific curve will not straighten out."

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...no wonder he was tight lipped. once he got started, he just couldn't shut up!! lmao! this is just for it's entertainment value and i won't be outing him here.

Way to keep the seller on his toes, larrynj1!
You made an honest man out of him!;)

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
You gotta at least post a few pics of the cue?

The first question when buying a cue should be is it straight, shaft and butt, together and apart ? Thus, if not, he can describe how big or little the roll is.

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
"butts and shafts are not really crooked they are more egg shaped due the way they were cut. "

the above was very imaginative. i really appreciated the advice and how to make them playable cues, cutting the butts in half, etc. these were $50. cues!!

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
You gotta at least post a few pics of the cue?

The first question when buying a cue should be is it straight, shaft and butt, together and apart ? Thus, if not, he can describe how big or little the roll is.

"Butt- 1,3,6 are the worst
Butt-2,4,5 are the best
Shaft- 1,4,6 are the best
Shaft- 2,3,5 are the best."

he made it pretty clear on how big or little the roll was. i asked about straight or not about 3 or 4 times, that he ignored, until he skipped his meds.

here's a pic of what i bought, actually pretty nice, just a tiny roll.

Attachments

• no 57g  7-2014.JPG
    no 57g 7-2014.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 537

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Actually, from the little bit one can see, they are quite nice. Too bad they are all FKed up.

"You can cut the butt in half, re pin them and they will be straight".

Yes, I believe that he was being very imaginative there.

His suggestion to off set them would be pretty much impossible. So now the shaft and butt are now off set, or the butt that is cut in half is now off set.
Did he give any thought as to how either job was going to be done. Sand them even perhaps. You would be playing with near tooth picks.

What if the warp was at the veneers? You would have to deal with the Kerf cut for one. The veneers would never match up again in a hundred years.

If you could possibly figure out how to do this yourself, great.

Getting a repairman or builder to be interested in a project like that would be much harder.

Why would you want another joint in your butt anyway. Even if it were remotely possible, (well, I guess just about anything is possible),
it would cost you far more than you would want to spend on his cues.

Collectors to the best of my knowledge, aren't interested in these type of Wall Flowers either.

He is big time full of Poo Poo.

Stay away from any Seller that offers you these kind of answers to your questions.

Last edited:

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are not crooked; they just allow for the rotation of the earth while you are shooting. Its the newest thing out; better than LD ! lol !

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
jacked cues, hope you didn't pay too much for them :sorry:

i didn't buy the group of 6 he was trying to sell me. i bought the one pictured. i thought i'd share his sales pitch which is hilarious considering they're $50 cues on a good day.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Aw man, do have any idea how much beer I can buy for 50 bucks.

Hahaha, not much in Canada. That would get me 2 1/2 six packs.

Glad I quit smoking. I can afford more beer.