Will Pool ever make it to the Olympics? Break Dancing just did! Maybe we can get Earl to hurl cues at hay bale!

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Will Pool ever make it to the Olympics? What is the problem? Geez!

An interesting and quick read.

Yahoo Sports

IOC adds breakdancing as medal event for 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris​

Jason Owens
Jason Owens

Mon, December 7, 2020, 8:13 PM EST

In an effort to appeal to a younger, “urban” audience, the International Olympic Committee announced on Monday the official inclusion of breakdancing, an art form that saw its pop-culture pinnacle in the 1970s and 80s.
Known as “breaking” among its pioneers and in IOC parlance, the competition will make its Olympic debut as an official sport at the 2024 Summer Games in Paris.
IOC president Thomas Bach addressed the decision after the executive board's meeting in Geneva on Monday.
“We have had a clear priority, and this was to introduce sports which are particularly popular among the younger generations,” Bach told reporters. “And also to take into account the urbanization of sport.”
Parkour was also considered for the Paris games. It did not make the cut.

Other sports confirmed for Paris​

The decision to include breaking follows the addition of other non-traditional Olympic competitions climbing, skateboarding and surfing, which are scheduled to make their Olympic debuts at the Tokyo Games in 2021. The IOC also confirmed the three sports as medal events for Paris on Monday.
The IOC has discussed adding breaking since Paris organizers proposed adding the sport in 2018.

With additions come cuts​

Alongside the additions, the IOC announced reductions in other sports, most notably weightlifting. According to the Associated Press, the IOC is cutting the number of weightlifting participants by more than half from the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro Games to 120. Boxing will also see a reduced presence in Tokyo.
FILE - In this Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2020 file photo, Carlos Cruz, a breakdancer, practices at a kiosk in Alameda park after being closed off to the public for nearly five months due to the new coronavirus pandemic, in Mexico City. Breakdancing has been confirmed as an official Olympic sport. The International Olympic Committee’s pursuit of urban events to lure a younger audience saw street dance battles officially added to the medal events program at the 2024 Paris Games. (AP Photo/Fernando Llano, File)

Breaking will be a medal event at the Paris Games. (AP Photo/Fernando Llano, File)
The addition of non-traditional sports often comes with controversy alongside the elimination of competitions long rooted in the Olympics.
For the first time since the modern Olympics began in Athens in 2016, wrestling will not be a part of the Tokyo Games. The IOC voted to eliminate the sport in 2013, putting an end to the competition rooted in the Ancient Olympic Games.
“In the view of the executive board, this was the best program for the Olympic Games in 2020,” IOC spokesman Mark Adams said in 2013. “It's not a case of what's wrong with wrestling, it is what's right with the 25 core sports.”
The IOC eliminated baseball and softball after the Beijing Games in 2008. Both sports are slated to make their return to the Olympic stage in Tokyo.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Thats easy, pool will be considered for the Olympics whenever it suddenly becomes more exciting to watch and has a broader audience than break dancing.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meanwhile, in damn near the same newsvein...

Nike declares tennis shoes are appropriate footwear for weddings.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Never will happen, too boring to watch for non-pool player perspective, even for pool players only 30% of them will, I once showed a match that i purchased on accu-stats to my friends in pool hall, they saw for few seconds then went back to playing and dont care to watch, and for non-pool players I once showed my wife a match, she couldnt do more than 5mins, and I don't want to tell you what she said, she prefers to watch snooker she said they are at least a little bit ellagent.

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Olympics have become a joke. The event has been completely taken over by the left and as usual they have managed to make it another "everyone wins for participating" crap show. They are now mandating gender balancing, more colored folk, less sports with declared winners and more art form bullshit where corrupt judges come up with bullshit scores. The Olympics has lasted thousands of years until liberals got ahold of it and "fixed" it. There is NOTHING they can't fuck up once they get a hold of it.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Well hey! I think I just invented "Cue Hurling". I can't wait to see it in the Olympics!

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
Pool in the olympics? umm no. Pool is certainly a game of skill....but requires little to no athletic abilities...unless the shooter is balancing on one foot with a 400lb barbell across his shoulders while executing a multiple rail bank shot....then, maybe....but really, some 350lb slob with a cigar hanging out of one side of his mouth is not what I'd call an 'athlete'.

I wasn't saddened to see skateboarding becoming an event....for strength & coordination, it's on par with figure skating.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Olympics have become a joke. The event has been completely taken over by the left and as usual they have managed to make it another "everyone wins for participating" crap show. They are now mandating gender balancing, more colored folk, less sports with declared winners and more art form bullshit where corrupt judges come up with bullshit scores. The Olympics has lasted thousands of years until liberals got ahold of it and "fixed" it. There is NOTHING they can't fuck up once they get a hold of it.
Lol.

Damn kinds, get off my lawn.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Think Pool will be in Olimpica after fire in Hell burn out, or Hell freezes over. I am sure the top pool player in would would rather have Medal, verses Tirnment Cash. Then you got DRUG TESTING, how many could pass the piss test?

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The committee wanted to do away with wrestling. I actually surprised that haven't....yet

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Wow, with two threads on breakdancing in two days on the main forum. I'm starting to believe that breakdancing really is important.

Cue sports may get into the Olympics one day, but so what? Cue sports are already in the World Games.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, with two threads on breakdancing in two days on the main forum. I'm starting to believe that breakdancing really is important.

Cue sports may get into the Olympics one day, but so what? Cue sports are already in the World Games.
Related to which breakdancing will actually make its debut in the World Games in 2022 in Birmingham, AL. There will be four dance sports there including Latin, Rock 'n' Roll, Standard, and Breaking. The first three are couples while the last has B-Boys and B-Girls events. (That's the official terminology.)