Willie Hoppe Titlist

mj5757

Registered
I have Willie Hoppe Titlist house cue that I am looking to have have converted into a two piece. The individual that is going to do the work for me has recently started in the cue making bussiness. It is my understanding that these cues are full splice. Is there any problem turning the butt down to normal specs with the four different color veneers? Is the color all the way through the veneers? Is there anything that we should be aware of in doing this conversion? Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks....MJ5757

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does you friend have the understanding of runout and what it could do and not do to the points.

BLACKHEARTCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michael Webb said:
Does you friend have the understanding of runout and what it could do and not do to the points.

Also, all of these Qs that I've seen, are VERY DRIED OUT & BRITTLE, from age. It's very easy to have the tips of the points pull loose & break off. The glue they used in those days is not as good as the stuff we use today. GOOD LUCK, but be prepared for the worst & pray for the best...JER

P.S. Also another problem that has to be addressed, is that when you thin the butt down to modern dimentions,you lose a lot of weight. You could end up with a 15 once cue, unless you add weight in the right places.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mj5757 said:
May I ask for a little more detail about the dial indicator and offset centers?

As in all vee point setups, the accuracy of the points depends on how true the cue spins, Think about it. Like Blackheart said be careful about the tips of the points, it doesn't take much for them to break. I don't give step by step answers because I would like you to use your imagination. Be patient and you'll appreciate the end result much more.
Best of Luck

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of ;) Do you guys prefer to indicate when glueing the handles, or just screw them together?

Thanks
Greg