Windsor Locks, CT Sat. Oct. 24th Dominiak Cues Tour Stop #3

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Dominiak Cues Northeast Amateur 10-Ball Tour Stop #3!

For more 2009/2010 season dates and information visit www.DominiakCuesTour.com

>>Tour Stop #3<<

$350+ Added in Prizes
Saturday October 24th 2009 - 1 day event
Pool Table Magic
75 Ella Grasso Turnpike
Windsor Locks, CT
*$25 entry for men + $10 Table Time
*All Women free entry + $10 Table Time
*Juniors under 18 free entry + $10 Table Time
*No Membership required!
10-Ball Texas Express Rules
Winner Breaks/Rack Your Own
Double Elimination
Race to 4W/3L
Finals 1 Race to 5
No player limit
Each entrant receives a raffle ticket with tournament entry fee for a new Dominiak Cue drawing!

Doors open at 11am for signups/no pre-registrations/play starts around noon.
All inquiries to TD Kevin Vidal kevin@dominiakcuestour.com

Sponsored by Dominiak Cues www.DominiakCues.com
Co-Sponsored by: League Shirts www.LeagueShirts.com
Co-Sponsored by: Rack 'Em Wear www.RackemWear.com

Thanks and hope to see you on the tour!

Kevin Vidal
Dominiak Tour Director
www.DominiakCuesTour.com

Cue Guru

Close, but no roll...
Silver Member
I have marked my calendar...

I'm going to try and be there (pending house closing stuff..)

Thanks for letting us know!:smile:

RockemSockem

Registered
Congrats to Nelson Oliveira for winning the tour stop #2 at Worcester. Thank you Kevin for a wonderful tourney. It was well run & pleasure to be part of.

Not to knock Nelson's action since his name & face is all over the internet.
This is from www.Valleyforge10ball.com held in Valley Forge PA. He beat 100+plus tough pros & open players in that tourney back in August.
----------------------------
The Mens/Open Division, with a $5000 guaranteed prize pool, finished as follows:
CHAMPION: Nelson Oliveira
2nd: Shaun Wilkie
3/4th: Dave Daya, Dave Grau
5/8th: Freddy Scott, Ed Matushoneck, Bucky Souvanthong, Ryan McCreesh

He is one of the top players in Mike Zugland's Northeast Joss 9-Ball Tour.
He also won a big tourney in CT on Saturday Oct 10th, beating well known pro Jeremy Sossei in finals.

My hats off to Nelson for being an outstanding player. I believe he is on the verge of breaking through the pro ranks real soon. IMHO, Mike Dechaine in Maine might be the only player that can beat him in New England. I would certainly put him as open/pro caliber.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Congrats to Nelson Oliveira for winning the tour stop #2 at Worcester. Thank you Kevin for a wonderful tourney. It was well run & pleasure to be part of.

Not to knock Nelson's action since his name & face is all over the internet.
This is from www.Valleyforge10ball.com held in Valley Forge PA. He beat 100+plus tough pros & open players in that tourney back in August.
----------------------------
The Mens/Open Division, with a $5000 guaranteed prize pool, finished as follows:
CHAMPION: Nelson Oliveira
2nd: Shaun Wilkie
3/4th: Dave Daya, Dave Grau
5/8th: Freddy Scott, Ed Matushoneck, Bucky Souvanthong, Ryan McCreesh

He is one of the top players in Mike Zugland's Northeast Joss 9-Ball Tour.
He also won a big tourney in CT on Saturday Oct 10th, beating well known pro Jeremy Sossei in finals.

My hats off to Nelson for being an outstanding player. I believe he is on the verge of breaking through the pro ranks real soon. IMHO, Mike Dechaine in Maine might be the only player that can beat him in New England. I would certainly put him as open/pro caliber.

Hi Rockem, thank you for coming out and playing! Nelson is no longer eligible to play on the tour, it was my mistake letting him in.

Kev

Cue Guru

Close, but no roll...
Silver Member
Well, I made it!:smile:

I first wanted to extend my thanks to Kevin Vidal and Pool Table Magic for organizing a successful event!

Also big thanks to Dominiak Cues for his generous cue donation!

It was a fun afternoon. I arrived early to get a few minutes of practice in before the tournament. Since I had never played 10-ball before, it was required!

I was called to play first- against Mark Kulungian. Needless to say, I did not win that match, although he did give me a few chances... (Which is rare) On the bright side, it was a pleasure to see Mark play, and I had no issue being beat by such a fine player with such a fantastic cue. (Beautiful old Balabushka of course!)

After a bit of a wait I played my second match in the losers bracket. I felt I held my own here; however I was again defeated- three game race in loser's bracket- If it was a four game race, I might have pulled it off...

The important thing for me was getting the chance to speak with Mark. We have not spent any 'quality' time chatting in quite a while and that was needed. (it also allowed me to get the invitation to my Wedding to him as well!) Plus I got some great lunch there as well- the food is quite good!

Although I did not win the tournament, I did not go home empty handed! I ended up winning the Dominiak Cue 'door prize' that was donated! It is still in the plastic now; however I am looking forward to giving it a try this week, as I have not had the chance to shoot with his work before. It even included joint caps! Nice touch! :smile:

PS the European Trick Shot team is practicing at Pool Table Magic all this week, and putting on a free trick shot exhibition on Tuesday evening- if you can make it, you should! It will be a great show for sure. Thursday (I think- please confirm) the European team plays against team USA for the World Trick Shot Title at Foxwoods!