World 10-Ball Championships, Feb-Mar 2024, Las Vegas, The Rio

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So 4 former winners still in it. Kaci looking to threepeat.
KO stage best of 5 sets (race to 4) this year is much long than last year. If we assume shootout in 5th set (if tied 3-3 racks) as 1 rack, then it goes full distance to shootout it will be 35 racks played. (Last year was race to 10 so longest match last year only 19 racks only)
35 racks is about 4 hrs, if played in outer tables without clock may drag to 5 hrs or more :LOL:
My picks (not in order): FSR, Kaci, Ko Ping Chung. They just have strongest mental game, make toughest shots under pressure and are simply fearless.
2nd picks: (not in order): SVB, Chang, Yapp, Ko Pin Yi, Gorst. :LOL:

Past World 10 Ball winners/last 4
w10b topperformers.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: VVP

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Question regarding the refs for these events and this is mainly from something I saw in the women's invitational tournament. The guy refing the match had an EPBF patch on his shirt. Someone told me that predator and the WPA brought in refs from Europe to do these events. Is this true?

I only ask because I find it hard to believe that they did not reach out to anyone here in the states who have done ref work at tournaments like the international and US open.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question regarding the refs for these events and this is mainly from something I saw in the women's invitational tournament. The guy refing the match had an EPBF patch on his shirt. Someone told me that predator and the WPA brought in refs from Europe to do these events. Is this true?

I only ask because I find it hard to believe that they did not reach out to anyone here in the states who have done ref work at tournaments like the international and US open.
Yes https://probilliardseries.com/pbs/epbf-partnership/

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member

EPBF referees were brought in to educate and co-operate with North American colleagues.

VVP

Registered
KO stage best of 5 sets (race to 4) this year is much long than last year. If we assume shootout in 5th set (if tied 3-3 racks) as 1 rack, then it goes full distance to shootout it will be 35 racks played. (Last year was race to 10 so longest match last year only 19 racks only)
35 racks is about 4 hrs, if played in outer tables without clock may drag to 5 hrs or more :LOL:
My picks (not in order): FSR, Kaci, Ko Ping Chung. They just have strongest mental game, make toughest shots under pressure and are simply fearless.

View attachment 746221
My pick is for the underdog nation that cannot produce good pool players so it only got 1 spot. Now that I said it he might lose 😆

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are the times on the PBS web site 1 hour early? Daylight savings time issue perhaps?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1709319484813.png

What a horrible scoreboard. I'm a lifelong super pool fan, even watch most of these Predator events, and I have NO IDEA what is going on in the match. None! Whoever came up with this scoreboard should be shot.

Scrunge19

Registered
View attachment 746233

What a horrible scoreboard. I'm a lifelong super pool fan, even watch most of these Predator events, and I have NO IDEA what is going on in the match. None! Whoever came up with this scoreboard should be shot.
This is a similar scoreboard to what is used in some tennis tournaments. It is showing number of sets won and then number of games won in the current set.

View attachment 746233

Left side is total sets won. Right side is score in the current set. This is a pretty common format among longer set competitions. They use this in tennis fairly frequently

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Left side is total sets won. Right side is score in the current set. This is a pretty common format among longer set competitions. They use this in tennis fairly frequently
Its horrible. If you didn't know that before hand, you'd never figure it out looking. And how many sets is it a best of? I'm not asking you for the answer. I'm stating that it is just a piss poor layout. The predator format is so obscure, that the scoreboard should bring clarity to it. Instead, the scoreboard adds to the confusion.

I just wrote the predator pro billiards series my thoughts on this horrible scoreboard. I didn't hold back.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 746221
Wouldn’t best of 5 be first to 3?

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 746221
never mind. My mistake

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True story. There are 3 x800- in last 16 and all 3 (Grabe , Alawadhi, Fortunski) are leading more favored big name opponents 2-1 in sets :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
l16.PNG

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No.
Tennis show games in columns across, not sets plus also have current column for number of points in current game.
Show number of sets is useless.
tennis scr.PNG

Previous matches like this similar style as tennis (except don't have extra column for points) but now some TV crew nothing better to do go tinker and mess up scoreboard
prev score.PNG

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its horrible. If you didn't know that before hand, you'd never figure it out looking. And how many sets is it a best of? I'm not asking you for the answer. I'm stating that it is just a piss poor layout. The predator format is so obscure, that the scoreboard should bring clarity to it. Instead, the scoreboard adds to the confusion.

I just wrote the predator pro billiards series my thoughts on this horrible scoreboard. I didn't hold back.
I had the same thoughts when tuning in to Biado-Chang. At least put a header in there for which is which.