World Cup of Pool rack quality, eh...

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something keeps happening on the breaks, there is a gap in the same place on many racks leading to ...

picture.php

picture.php

I've seen it affect quite a few games, including the USA loss where Qatar played a shot and a carom to that wired combo with the 9 to win a rack.

Watch the replays and pay attention to that ball by the 9.

Better racking please!

Last edited:

muddawg

Chill Out
Silver Member
I've been noticing the same thing and I agree. There's been a lot of games won with that exact same combo into that corner.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something keeps happening on the breaks, there is a gap in the same place on many racks leading to ...

picture.php

picture.php

I've seen it affect quite a few games, including the USA loss where Qatar played a shot and a carom to that wired combo with the 9 to win a rack.

Watch the replays and pay attention to that ball by the 9.

Better racking please!
It happens because 9 is on the spot and players use cut break. Same happening also with magic rack.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did the same thing happen in the hill hill decider rack with Netherlands vs Japan? Japan's made a combo seven nine to win. Same pocket too.

2strong4u

Banned
It's not gaps causing this. The magic rack has the balls leaning into each other. Some breaks the transfer of energy through the 9 cause it to stay wired.

Other problem with magic rack is the same idea. The 9 tricks back a few inches and hits edge of magic rack , then stops. This also leaves wired combos.

I have seen about 75 percent of play thus far. Have to been at least 10 games ended on these easy wired combos. It's changing outcomes in matches. "Neutral equipment" should not be having this effect.

2strong4u

Banned
It happens with the ball under the 1 ball on the side they break from (typically right hand side). That ball has most force through 9 and then from 9 into the back 2 balls. Racks are so snug it traps 9 ball. The ball behind one, on break side gets stunned into 9.

I won't gamble with MR....no way. Too easy for people to luck out.

Last edited:

Teacherjohn

Registered
rack your own

This is why pool is a joke. Saw Orcullo run 6 racks racking his own balls. He racked the balls the same way every time and soft broke the same every time. The layout was precisely the same as every single previous rack. It was like a joke and a mockery. Even the commentator said after four of these in a row...."what great racking." Pool players are unethical and have no morals. Just win, Baby. Rack your own is worse than having your opponent rack. The only solution is a neutral racker, preferably one who has not been bribed.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not gaps causing this. The magic rack has the balls leaning into each other. Some breaks the transfer of energy through the 9 cause it to stay wired.

Other problem with magic rack is the same idea. The 9 tricks back a few inches and hits edge of magic rack , then stops. This also leaves wired combos.

I have seen about 75 percent of play thus far. Have to been at least 10 games ended on these easy wired combos. It's changing outcomes in matches. "Neutral equipment" should not be having this effect.

The only thing is that are not using a Magic Rack :smile: 9 does look to be on the spot though. That combo also should only be left during a soft break which no one was using. It looks like a loose ball to me causing this.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is reason why 2 ball is required most of times to put on back. Because it is most random placement for it. I always rack 6-8 or 7-8 behind 1-ball for opponent. So if he get combos close to wired he still probably want run out. I Think referees should know this and put only 6,7 or 8 behind the one ball...

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, this trend has been going on for a while. And yes, pool players are not known for their fair attitude. Scratch that, most people are not when it's about money.
A Snooker or Carambolage player would commit suicide over this cheating...

At no tournament (money involved) there should be a "rack your own" - ever.
The referee must choose balls in the rack at random (except 1, 8, 9 or 10, obviously).

And yet again, the players themselves are destroying the sport they ***** an whine about is "kaputt".

But don't sit around and whine - write eMails to tournament directors and the offending players to stop this!

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive noticed this, and I also seen this happened on another tournament (Can''t remember which) I remember in that other tournament I said to myself oh my god, this ball is wired everytime after the break.

I'm going to dig it out a video on youtube then post it, completely another tournament and 70% of the time you will get two balls wired in this same fashion...I also agree with the guy who said this is why pool is a joke, it really is , if you think about it. this is exactly why pool has no money compared to other sports.

Its a joke game and sometimes boring when fishy stuff happens. and the luck involved is huge, almost more than the luck in poker, poker and pool are almost the same, both needs skill and both require big luck, the only difference is that poker has personalities and some exciting stuff to look for for the observant point of view (Viewer) which translates into money and ads and sponsor which brings even more money, unlike pool which has just luck and boredrom if you watch it (specially for those that dont play pool)

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
happened yet again, today.

Yep, it's the rack, you can set this up almost every time if you know how to do it, same as wiring the corner ball or the 9 ball. The ref needs to rotate the rack or move the balls around a bit so they fit better. No-one is soft breaking, it's just lose. You can see on many other racks that this setup would be sitting there but another ball hits into them and breaks them up.

It's as bad as when watching the older tournament matches you see the 9 shoot to the corner for a win or an easy combo one out of 5 racks because the racker did not check the 2 balls behind the 9.

Last edited:

2strong4u

Banned
The only thing is that are not using a Magic Rack :smile: 9 does look to be on the spot though. That combo also should only be left during a soft break which no one was using. It looks like a loose ball to me causing this.

Must have had a Qatar flashback! I happen a lot there last week.

Maybe the red can't rack?? Micaela has a nicevrack. Where's she at?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

[Sorry, I said something that has already been said.]

Last edited: