Wwyd 3 cushion

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
ok so im the ball thats on the rail, i would really like to continue here

its my 4th point from the break, my high run is just 5, done a hand full of times only

would love to break it by learning something here, i will leave the balls until i see something or someones suggestion that makes me feel like i can make it and continue

posted here to get more views and possible answers from members who dont frequent the carom forum

attachment.php

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
you got a bunch of shots across table 3 rails, or around table 5 or 7 rails, that is my choice.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
you got a bunch of shots across table 3 rails, or around table 5 or 7 rails, that is my choice.

I got a feeling that someone like Jasper's is playing your three times across off the other white....
....those shots are hard on my head....:angry:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
2 other shots. off left side of red and drop in behind the white. this way you get position if you are looking for more.

another is a simple off the white and 3 rails,, long short long for the point.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I also see 6 rails off the right side of white, of course middle(gonna have to dig a little)left. Gonna need a stroke

Last edited:

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
Are you a member over on kozoom? That's where you go to look for answers like this.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Are you a member over on kozoom? That's where you go to look for answers like this.

I am, and I bet your not, because anyone who's visited that forum knows it's 5 times more baren and less active than azbilliards carom,
Which makes it a ghost town

Just saying

chandler1968

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would play a 1/3 ball hit on the white with max left. Your ball hits around two 1/2 diamond on opposite long rail and "goochers" the top left corner for the point.
Jay

nevermiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few ideas that i see are: you could try and play two rails first into the white with a full hit and try and come out of the corner you are in with a fair amount of spin (two rails first-long then short ; and then short and long). Also, a very safe shot is to play short rail first into the white (leaving it on the rail or close to it) with a bit of hold up and try and come out of the top right corner with object ball speed. You could also play two rails first and try and catch the white thin on top and then long rail, red ball.

When i played three cushion and was left with difficult situations I would look for good leaves or to play off the ball could make the better hit on. Congrats on the new high run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree...a basic shot that a good player rarely misses.i am about 20% on those 3rails variations :mad:
I would play a 1/3 ball hit on the white with max left. Your ball hits around two 1/2 diamond on opposite long rail and "goochers" the top left corner for the point.
Jay

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
That's what worked for me, but I had already missed a shot I tried before that one

I'll make that elusive 6 soon enough

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
so did you shoot the different shots you could have made, you asked for advice on the shot.

Chops02

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
me, personally, i'd be going off the left side of the white and go long, short, long for the hit. only other shot i see, since you can see the right portion of your cueball, if you're really comfortable hitting the red super thin from there you could clip the left side with max right spin and try to come in behind the white. i'd definitely shoot the first shot, though.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all I seee is a 7 railer thin off the left side of the red with a little right english and whack it for all your worth.
At least if you miss , you will look good doing it!
That seems to be the gist of the game anyway.