LD shaft made in Indonesia by "Anwar Cues"

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have recieved my Anwar LD shaft and will shoot with it this weekend and Monday night for BCA play offs. I will have my review posted Wednesday or Thursday. I will make it as specific as possible.

Mike

Thanks Mike take your time and I will be waiting....

My shaft came damaged during shipping so I am sending it back to Anwar.

I am so sorry for that Uwate...We are making a new one for you, thus you can try it out.., Thank you

Last edited:

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Those who have the shafts, are there anymore reviews to share?
Thanks for participating

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I love my shaft ....

I am glad that you like it...would you care to share your experience with others? for eg: lending the shaft to your friends then they can give a review also.... hahaha...

Thanks bro

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Jesse living the Dream Engels- liked it

I'm compiling information yet- I haven't finished a full review yet. I will say it is very similar in Play to 314-2 , and the Sp pred Series cues as well! I had 1 of our best players. ( Jesse Engels )give it some action. He aimed and shot exactly the same way he aims with his Pred. He could tell it wasn't hollow,and it didn't react exactly the same but very very close. I have the 3/8-10 shaft. Yes this is the kid who beat Earl Strickland,and smoked Sigel. Like 11-1, at the US open Last yr. Another friend a( Canadian ranked player )liked it over his Sp pred 8 pt hustler. but - He complained he had trouble with draw- many other things and tests to come- I too spoke with 2 other posters about quality control- I'm far from over- good to see players adjust quickly. mark
Jeese would like it to be turned to 12.6 not the 12.75 (added thursday to 21st)
Beau R. most know as a House Pro - He cranked the Shaft through a Few shots - never missing a ball- he also plays with Pred. product
I had another 100 ball straight Pool player try it playing -one pocket- he won both games but- because of shooting softly- he could not say 1 word about whether it was a LD- Shaft but he used a Pred Himself. Plenty too follow

Last edited:

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just Got Back from out Of town

finally just got back from my business trip...has anyone else tried the shaft?

thank you for this trial....

createatks

Focus on RAFFLE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hs anybody else have tried the shaft yet?
Please review it here.
Thank you for participating...

RSCA HOOLIGAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i would love to try it as well as many other people here in Belgium i think .
Everybody is looking for something else than a pred shaft , i had a Z2 but didn't like it .
I just can't find a good shaft !!!

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i would love to try it as well as many other people here in Belgium i think .
Everybody is looking for something else than a pred shaft , i had a Z2 but didn't like it .
I just can't find a good shaft !!!

Hi, I am so sorry to say that the trial version is over...but you can try to place an order for the shaft...it is a guaranty that this shaft has a lower deflection compare to the preds.

for the first 25 shafts...I will give you a special price of USD 200 with 15% discount and shipping included world wide.

I am still waiting for 5 out of 7 shaft reviews in this forum...maybe you want to wait for them, just to make sure.
Thank you...

Jager Monster

Got Szamboti?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I will try to get pics up within a couple days but here is my review.

1. Packaging - excellent and very professional.
2. Fit and Finish - Sub Standard and lacking in my honest opinion. There is seperation from ferrule and shaft, you can feel the gap between the two even tho it is not easily seen with the eye. The shaft has places where it was rough and places it was smooth. Shaft wood appears to be pretty green with very dark sugar marks on it. Tip was in excellent shape.
3.Playability. Surprisingly Very Good. Honestly after seeing the shaft and the poor fit and finish I did not expect much from the shaft as far as playability went. I was pleasantly surprised. I put the radial pin shaft on my Barhart which has Cory's short ferrule ld shaft and started shooting balls just to get a feel for the shaft. The shaft felt natrual for me and my cue ball control was very consistant. The shaft itself was very consistant whether I hit the cue ball soft or hard, whether i used a 1/4 tip of english or a whole tip. I never felt alot of whip or alot of vibration. I never felt like I had to juice the cue ball to move it long distances, a nice smooth stroke and the cue ball moved smooth and precisely.My only complaint was I constantly heard a ping from the ferrule, probably from the seperation of ferrule and shaft.
4. Overall Opinion - I realy like the way this shaft plays. I like it better than the 314 or ob shafts mainly because the shaft feels heavier and more solid than the other 2. I would not however pay $200 for a shaft that looks like this one did. If I am going to put a shaft on a cue like my Barnhart than I want it to look the same quality as my cue. This shaft did not come close to that. If the fit and finish could match the playability I believe this shaft would be hard to beat.

I have a few more things I will share when I post pics of the shaft.

Mike

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I will try to get pics up within a couple days but here is my review.

1. Packaging - excellent and very professional.
2. Fit and Finish - Sub Standard and lacking in my honest opinion. There is seperation from ferrule and shaft, you can feel the gap between the two even tho it is not easily seen with the eye. The shaft has places where it was rough and places it was smooth. Shaft wood appears to be pretty green with very dark sugar marks on it. Tip was in excellent shape.
3.Playability. Surprisingly Very Good. Honestly after seeing the shaft and the poor fit and finish I did not expect much from the shaft as far as playability went. I was pleasantly surprised. I put the radial pin shaft on my Barhart which has Cory's short ferrule ld shaft and started shooting balls just to get a feel for the shaft. The shaft felt natrual for me and my cue ball control was very consistant. The shaft itself was very consistant whether I hit the cue ball soft or hard, whether i used a 1/4 tip of english or a whole tip. I never felt alot of whip or alot of vibration. I never felt like I had to juice the cue ball to move it long distances, a nice smooth stroke and the cue ball moved smooth and precisely.My only complaint was I constantly heard a ping from the ferrule, probably from the seperation of ferrule and shaft.
4. Overall Opinion - I realy like the way this shaft plays. I like it better than the 314 or ob shafts mainly because the shaft feels heavier and more solid than the other 2. I would not however pay $200 for a shaft that looks like this one did. If I am going to put a shaft on a cue like my Barnhart than I want it to look the same quality as my cue. This shaft did not come close to that. If the fit and finish could match the playability I believe this shaft would be hard to beat.

I have a few more things I will share when I post pics of the shaft.

Mike

Dear Mike,
Thank you very much for the honest review, I have to agree that the 314 and the OB do not have the stabillity feel when hitting the cue ball...also please try to compare the Deflection/ Squirt...I felt that anwar shaft has much less deflect than those shafts. Just my 2 cent.

I also would like to thank you for saying that the shaft is not that good looking and the finishing is not good...usually it takes about 2 weeks to make a real good quality shaft, we do check and recheck for the QC...as for the 7 shaft we done it in 7 days time...I am so sorry if some shaft are not in perfect condition...same goes for Uwate...

Thank you for the input in that one Mike...I really appreciate it...We will step it up the Quality Control in order to satisfy customer needs.

Jager Monster

Got Szamboti?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I read your *review* and would've been pissed if I paid 2 cents for it .. no meat whatsoever. If I made and gave you the shaft to you FREE in return for a meaningful review, I'd be royally pissed.

Beside Jager Monster, I haven't read a single decent review of the shaft.

Thank You Hidy Ho. I will post other specs and opinions in a few days when I post the pics of the shaft. I would definatly use this over any production ld shaft if the fit n finish meets the playability. It has the stabilty and feel of a standard wood shaft with the results of a ld shaft.

Mike

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hello AZ...is there anymore review coming?
Maybe from MC Chen or RayShooters

Thank you...