Kamui chalk

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can a piece of kamui chalk actually dry up on you? I know it's like a pasty formula, but for some reason when applying some on I actually see powder residue flying off, which puzzled me.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I think it is possible, DRY ING Out DEPENDING UPON Your Temperature, and Humidity you story your Chalk at.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Yea it does. When I'm done with it, I put it back in its little ziplock bag it comes in. But it does start to dry up on the surface. But when you brush through those flakes, it gets softer again.

It sound so silly, but man this chalk is great. I lost a cube and luckly had a backup... now I need about 3 more backups in my case. I play possibly 2 balls better with this chalk. Its unreal... Everyone always talks about no miscues... blah blah blah. I never had an issue with a miscue. This stuff just shoots straighter with english. I feel like Im cheating using it.

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm def not gonna deny the texture being a big help, but miscues are still possible. A good stroke is necessary regardless. With this piece drying out (kind of impossible to keep at controlled temp being the winter here), I find I can miscue with it just like I would a typical master's chalk.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
I too keep it in a zip lock, its good chalk, but no where near worth the price. I got some off a associate for free.....

schmizz

Mr. Nice Guy
Silver Member
I'm content with Blue Diamond for the price. Not looking to start a debate on whether a piece of chalk is worth $30, because I know people who think I'm nuts for paying $3.

dareads

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a piece just to see what the hype was all about. I figured I've blown way more than $25 on way stupider stuff. I've learn to love it quite a bit. I'm the type who doesn't like to chalk between every shot anyway and usually just chalk at the beginning of each game.

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At that price, it shouldn't dry out at all! lol I ended using my blue diamond which is becoming my chalk of choice for several reasons now.

madfox

I love pool ...
Silver Member
I can't use anything else. I chalk once every 2 games, and maybe when I have a shot with a lot of spin. I have mine from august, and it is still not half used.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't use anything else. I chalk once every 2 games, and maybe when I have a shot with a lot of spin. I have mine from august, and it is still not half used.

Same here. Got it in August, and it's maybe 1/4 used. I play 10-15 hours/week. Plus, my shafts are considerably cleaner. And, performance-wise, it works as well as any other chalk (I think a little better, but those things are hard to gauge 100% accurately). Definitely worth it to me.

I do agree with the OP, though, it does seem to be drying out a little bit. It's still ok, but Vegas temps and (lack of) humidity might be affecting it some.

champ2107

Banned
i use blue diamond but also have kamui, i need too chalk my cue during the game! i think it helps keep me focused or in pool mode lol Kanui is like at least $20 bucks overpriced....my opinion

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm content with Blue Diamond for the price. Not looking to start a debate on whether a piece of chalk is worth $30, because I know people who think I'm nuts for paying $3.

I'm kinda in agreement with the people you know but I can assure you if I ever get the notion to spend $30 on a piece of chalk I'll just give up the game and as start playing darts. That's what people who can't play pool do.

krychekrowe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm amazed no other chalk producer has come up with something similar yet. Would probably not be that difficult adding something to paste a Masters up. Soon enough though.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At that price, it shouldn't dry out at all! lol I ended using my blue diamond which is becoming my chalk of choice for several reasons now.

At that price it should come with some scantily clad women to chalk your cue for you and to ensure the cube doesn’t dry out by storing it in some space age container. This “space age" container should also keep it safe from global warming and acid rain.:thumbup:

I guess I’ll just have to be happy with the ghetto chalk (Masters) until I can get a real job.:groucho:

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a Kamui super soft tip and Blue Diamond chalk. I hit a medium draw shot and miscued. I looked at the tip and the bare spot from the miscue was almost in the center of the tip, not on the edge from a poor stroke.

Constantly messing with the kamui tips is a real bore and distracting when you're trying to get in dead stroke. Will there be less tip manicuring if I switch to Kamui chalk?

Best,
Mike

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a Kamui super soft tip and Blue Diamond chalk. I hit a medium draw shot and miscued. I looked at the tip and the bare spot from the miscue was almost in the center of the tip, not on the edge from a poor stroke.

Constantly messing with the kamui tips is a real bore and distracting when you're trying to get in dead stroke. Will there be less tip manicuring if I switch to Kamui chalk?

Best,
Mike

Funny you bring that up. I stopped using Kamui tips for that same reason. No one believed me when I complained that they polished over too easily. I figure why the hell pay $20 a pop for something that miscues as often as a $2 triangle tip? So I'm using good ol'fashioned milkduds.

NineballBEN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny you bring that up. I stopped using Kamui tips for that same reason. No one believed me when I complained that they polished over too easily. I figure why the hell pay $20 a pop for something that miscues as often as a $2 triangle tip? So I'm using good ol'fashioned milkduds.

Ditto here with the polishing,just figured somebody would say something about how to stop it.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't want to miscue in the middle of a rack, so you have to be anally distracted and make sure you pick your tip. I've used all the browns and blacks, hard to super soft. I have miscued rolling the cue ball on a soft stroke. Is the Kamui chalk the answer to this glazing?

Best,
Mike