Pro One Visuals and Sweeps

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A question for other Pro One students - What visual/sweep am I using for each shot in rack 2 and 3?

I called the visuals in rack 1 but the audio sucked because the AC was booming.

Gerry

Stan - be great if you could have a look and email me what you think too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG2P3DG5sts&feature=youtu.be

Added some practice shots…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42jy2AD00NE&feature=youtu.be

10 Ball Ghost Race to 5
Part 1: http://youtu.be/TnWxc_S7oKY
Part 2: http://youtu.be/jb-E_6r-Zh4

Last edited:

pablocruz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rack 2
1) Made on Break
2) C Left
3) C Left
4)A Left
5) Made on Break
6) Made on Break
7) C left
8) A Right
9) A Right

Rack 3
1) Made on Break
2) A Single Right
3) C Right
4) A Right
5) A Left
6) C Right
7) Made on Break
8) A left
9) 1/8 to 1/8 Left

It's hard to see some of the angles, especially the thick ones
if you aren't at the table, but I took a stab at it!
Nice shooting Gerry!!

Last edited:

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rack 2
1) Made on Break
2) C Left
3) C Left
4)A Left
5) Made on Break
6) Made on Break
7) C left
8) A Right
9) A Right

Rack 3
1) A Single Right
2) Made on Break
3) C Right
4) A Right
5) A Left
6) C Right
7) Made on Break
8) A left
9) 1/8 to 1/8 Left

It's hard to see some of the angles, especially the thick ones
if you aren't at the table, but I took a stab at it!
Nice shooting Gerry!!

Rack 2:

-9 ball is a C visual with a left sweep

-for everything else I think the same

Rack 3:

-1 ball is made on the break and 2 ball is not, I also think that for the 2 ball it was a B visual with a right sweep.
-6 ball was a C visual with a left sweep
-8 ball was an A visual with a right sweep
-9 ball maybe a single line C visual with a left sweep - not sure about this one

-for everything else I think the same

These puzzles will be a good learning tool if you continue with them (I would like you to :) ).

Mirza

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not always easy to see on the camera but here is what I used guys…both were very good given the obvious camera limitations.

Rack 2:
1 - x
2 - C Right
3 - C Left
4 - A Left
5 - x
6 - x
7 - C Right
8 - A Right
9 - C Left
***Entire rack was using A or C 2 lines visuals (essentially all the same shots)

Rack 3:
1 - x
2 - C Right
3 - C Right
4 - A Left
5 - A Left
6 - C Left (Not obvious)
7 - x
8 - A Left
9 - 1/8 Left

So for the two racks the only shot I never had a thick A or C visual was the last 9 that was very thin. This is what makes the system so powerful - the same visuals make most shots!

I don't think I had an errors but maybe Stan can confirm…

Last edited:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
The toughest part about this is to know when to sweep outside instead of inside. This is a shining example of how shots of similar angles can be different sweeps depending on how they are situated to the pocket. It seems when a shot is in the middle of the table and to a corner pocket and below a half-ball hit, the sweep is outside. However if the shot is to a side pocket or near a rail but same angle, it may be an inside sweep. Any insight on this?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The toughest part about this is to know when to sweep outside instead of inside. This is a shining example of how shots of similar angles can be different sweeps depending on how they are situated to the pocket. It seems when a shot is in the middle of the table and to a corner pocket and below a half-ball hit, the sweep is outside. However if the shot is to a side pocket or near a rail but same angle, it may be an inside sweep. Any insight on this?

The inside vs outside sweep decision is best made by simply viewing the center of a fixed CB to the OB and notice if the shot needs to thickened or thinned. By doing that the necessary sweep is easy to determine.

Stan Shuffett

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1 on the comment from Stan. I got all caught up in learning the system, especially at first, trying to figure out a system or rule for when to do what.

With my experimentation and practice over the last 6 months especially, with both Pro1 and SEE, I do exactly that - if there is any doubt, I look at the starting pre-pivot position and determine what to do from there. Anyone with a decent amount of experience can tell pretty easily which way to go on almost every shot using that approach, including banks.

Scott

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
This sounds absolutely logical once you hear it, and I think is hugely important to realize. From the beginning it is stated that the CCB line does not "aim" at anything, there must be a pivot, so I had trained myself to not pay attention to the line that it represents. However, this line is quite useful to determine the pivot. ie. if you were to shoot straight down the CCB line, would the shot hit thick or thin of the pocket? This is a sure-fire objective way of determining the pivot instead of pure "through experience". Now, determining the A/B/C lines is something that comes with experience, and I find that quite easy after some practice. The pivots were always the stumpers, but with this tidbit of information they become quite trivial. :thumbup:

ln817

Registered
There must be also other ways to figure out the sweeps, any other ideas guys?

Primo,

I am using Pro one as well and let me tell you it definitely has a lot of ups and down. Learning this system is like learning how to play pool again, frustrating but rewarding once things start to click.

Back to your question what really help me figure you the visual sweeps is pay attention to how Gerry and Stan body position is when the do a left and right visual sweep. Personally this is my routine when it comes to the sweep.

i stand slightly offset of the cue ball depending if its a right cut or a left cut my head i notice is more to the left of the cue ball and if its a right cut vice versa.

Establish your visuals, once you establish your visuals look down at the cue ball and try not to move your head as much. Once you look down this is your fixed cue ball.

Once you have your fixed cue ball move swing your cue to the center cue ball and don't even think about the sweep your body naturally does it for you.

also when i mean swing your cue, when setting up for a shot your cue should be on the side. Here is a video of stan explaining the post above into more detail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KwI_62Npos

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In addition to Stan's excellent support video on the topic, I've also done something and taught this as well to help.

Once you find the fixed cue ball, the move to the cue ball center is really a fairly natural and subtle movement. Beginners (myself included once) want to make it into a larger more sweeping movement, but when you really look at the manual version it's only a 1/2 tip pivot, pretty small movement actually.

So once you find the fixed cue ball, without moving your head or body try letting your eyes shift to a spot 1/2 - 1 tip away from center cue ball. Where exactly isn't that important, but I've found if I look at the edge of the cue ball it tends to create too much of a move to center cue ball. Once you "see" this spot, then just move to center cue ball. Sometimes this can help people feel like they are moving more deliberately to center cue ball, as opposed to when starting from the fixed cue ball position where it can feel like too subtle of a movement at first. By glancing to the side a little more, your eyes/body/cue can feel like they are moving more directly to the new correct shooting line and to center cue ball.

One other thing I picked up from playing with SEE - once you have the fixed cue ball, you can also think about stepping more toward the outside or inside edge of the object ball, depending on which pivot you are using. For most normal shots you would be stepping toward the outside edge in relation to the cut. That small stepping motion can also help to promote the natural body pivot that needs to occur on your way down to center cue ball. And if you try both, just to check it out, you'll see that the difference is subtle but yet you will arrive on two different shot lines while getting to center cue ball on both shots.

The key to either method, as well as the more natural and taught method of letting the eyes lead to center cue ball, is the amount and direction of body rotation that naturally occurs in relation to the starting point of the fixed cue ball line. It's preferable to just let the eyes lead and follow as needed to the correct position, but sometimes when learning some of these more mechanical "tricks" are helpful to point out the correct movement or provide some confidence in the execution.

Just something to try, it's worked for me and when showing others how they should feel or perceive the movements.
Scott

Last edited:

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Added some 10 ball videos…quick race to 5. Pro One saved my bacon big time in rack 2 :). I almost feel embarrassed getting out there.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Good, Ratta, stir it up and derail Gerry's thread! You already know his opinion so what's the purpose?

Stan Shuffett

Hi Stan,

maybe i misunderstood you-- but atm i feel like you rated my simple *posting* as very negative.
I wrote *always* because i for myself like Antony- and also had nice discussions with him. And from what i read he s also knowledged and has very often very interesting postings.

so what was wrong with my response, that i say: "Always", which would just mean, that i am interested in his opinoin?

Again Stan- i am now very confused, that your response (what you usually never do) seems to be a bit harsh towards me. So would you be so pleased and explain it to me- of course also per PM, so i could understand this response from you.

You know, (should know) that i have the greatest respect for you, bc you are a fantastic instructor in my opinoin.

Waiting for your message via pm,

kind regards from overseas,

Ingo

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Stan,

maybe i misunderstood you-- but atm i feel like you rated my simple *posting* as very negative.
I wrote *always* because i for myself like Antony- and also had nice discussions with him. And from what i read he s also knowledged and has very often very interesting postings.

so what was wrong with my response, that i say: "Always", which would just mean, that i am interested in his opinoin?

Again Stan- i am now very confused, that your response (what you usually never do) seems to be a bit harsh towards me. So would you be so pleased and explain it to me- of course also per PM, so i could understand this response from you.

You know, (should know) that i have the greatest respect for you, bc you are a fantastic instructor in my opinoin.

Waiting for your message via pm,

kind regards from overseas,

Ingo

Gerry started a serious thread about CTE PRO ONE visuals and you should know that certain ones have no intentions other than to derail the topic. It gets old, the same old, same old....

Stan Shuffett

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Well.
In case if antony i missed that somehow. I really mesnt that seriously when i wrote allways. With this posting i just meant that i would be interested in his opinion.

I feel very sorry that my posting made you so angry.

This was sure not the sense.

Ingo

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well.
In case if antony i missed that somehow. I really mesnt that seriously when i wrote allways. With this posting i just meant that i would be interested in his opinion.

I feel very sorry that my posting made you so angry.

This was sure not the sense.

Ingo

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

I am NOT angry!

Quite simply, WHY invite someone into a thread that very well may create a derail?

There are certain ones that want to tear down and jab at my work at every possible opportunity.

I am aware of most all that have that agenda. I guess It is unfair of me to expect that others have my same awareness.

No problem, Ratta!

Stan Shuffett