2014 World 9-Ball Championship

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We got a good one in the afternoon session, which will start in 7 minutes.
It will Chang Jung Lin vs. Ko Ping Chung in a do-or-die match. Should be a barnburner...

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been completely ignoring chat, but just realized if I hit the "Show All Messages" button, I only see messages for the table I'm watching.

Freddie <~~~ color me slow

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd say you who haven't been watching the Efren/Boyes match just missed the greatest shot ever by Efren, but it would be a lie.

It wouldn't rank in his top 10. Maybe top 20. Or 50.

Freddie <~~~ would have been the best shot ever for someone else

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd say you who haven't been watching the Efren/Boyes match just missed the greatest shot ever by Efren, but it would be a lie.

It wouldn't rank in his top 10. Maybe top 20. Or 50.

Freddie <~~~ would have been the best shot ever for someone else

Details please? :D

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Details please? :D

Karl Boyes played a great safety on the pink 4 towards the head rail, Efren calmly kicked an 8 foot 2 railer from the foot rail,
gently touched the 4, the 4 stopped almost frozen to the rail, same with CB, but with the 9 in between. It was just an ordinary day in the park for Efren... :D

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
And now just saw Efren shoot the worst shot of his life. 3-foot dead straight 9-ball.

Freddie <~~~ standard miss for me

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Karl Boyes played a great safety on the pink 4 towards the head rail, Efren calmly kicked an 8 foot 2 railer from the foot rail,
gently touched the 4, the 4 stopped almost frozen to the rail, same with CB, but with the 9 in between. It was just an ordinary day in the park for Efren... :D

8-ft was the distance as the crow flies.

Here is the resultant position.

The cue ball was tucked on the left of the 8-ball. The 4-ball was about a diamond to the left of the 9-ball and I guess a half diamond high. Effie doubled the upper LEFT corner, around the 5-ball, tickled the 4-ball, and froze both on the cushion.

Karl took an intentional on the 9-ball, but Efren put hooked him the next safety.

Freddie <~~~ could have made that shot if it wasn't for this hangnail

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 7.37.27 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 7.37.27 AM.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 297

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren needs a ton of magic to get out of this mess. He trails Boyes by 3, 5 games to 8 in a race to 9, with alternate breaks to boot...

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
From watching this match Efren is still Efren in terms of craftiness and creativity and moving, but his pocketing skills are letting him down. He seems to be jumping up on a lot of shots.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren lost.

Boyes baited him with a long 3, Efren missed and that's all she wrote.

Don't miss the best match of the evening session. Corey Deuel vs. Cheng Chieh...