CSI-Mark Griffin First Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My opinion

Not that it matters or anything will be changed because of it, but here is what I heard and think.

Maybe it was a choice of works issue but I heard the CSI people say "they had a meeting and made a decision and feel that they made the right decision", well I say if the rule of someone from each group moves on so that one of each is represented in the final four, then why are those words even necessary. If those are the rules then a simple "oh well I guess the next guy move on" should of been the automatic reply and something that the player understand. I feel that there was doubt as to which direction should be taken, one was made and there are issues around it.

Next, Mark G and others talk about how they got screwed by Ralf's move and there were other players going to the same location/destination and there was no planning for this and XYZ. I say to that, maybe they have never traveled and ask for a flight time, not be able to get it and have to ask "well what do you mean I can't leave on thursday at 5:00". I think that is just foolish to say that ralf was being malicious "cause that is what they are saying with out saying it"

So that's my take, If this was a "rule" in that aspect then a decision should of been automatic and not need to be debated or defended at this point.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I run 138 last summer on my home table after 3 weeks of practice just to see what I could do. Really don't get to play much straight. Broke and run 7 pack on 9 foot in 9. 12 pack in barbox 8 ball. I got Lou covered. Not everybody hates their money like John!

Wow... You should go play the Open in October and "takeitdown".... Or just send your mouth and it can place in the money without the rest of you having to even be there....

Your attack on Lou pretty much was classless but based on your body of work it's to be expected... Son... Well how do I say this... You appear to be mid to late 20s without a clue in this world.... If you wanna tell me you are older... wow... is all I have to say... Comes a time to grow up.....

Chris

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is interesting as well is that Satori, onestroke, itsfroze and the rest of their cronies keep saying that there was no explanation given ---- they obviously didn't even watch the stream, let alone be there in person. Ken S., before he made his introductions of the players, made the announcement giving the explanation as to why SVB was playing.

Nope, wrong again.

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Mark now that we got you here. No criticism. No angst. No boot licking or butt kissing either.

But can you bring back the US Open One Pocket back to Las Vegas? It just seems more fitting with the premier events.

Keone Young
Mr Wu

I agree this event belongs in Vegas for sure.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
THERE WAS NO FORFEIT! It was a withdraw. If Ralf would have showed up for the match, lagged, and broke (or waited for opponent to break)......and then quit, it would have been a forfeit.......and he would have gotten 3rd/4th in the tournament...and would have deserved the payout (which was a mistake) that he received. He withdrew before the match started. Obviously, how a forfeit is handled is going to be different then how a withdraw is handled.

Based on this logic! When does a player get put on the clock?

Late 5 minutes one game lose. Late 15 minutes lose match?

How is it a withdrawal? If he can just let the CSI rules regarding tardiness kick in and theoretically get the forfeit?

Ralf would argue he was eliminated by the clock and never withdrew! Got his check earlier then the official ruling as a professional courtesy!

By this format of CSI the clock tool regarding handling tardiness is undermined and creates gray area.

To not give the 15 minutes to arrive and remove before hand is counter to the history of players being put on the clock when missing an opponent!

Kd

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nowhere on the ABR interview, or on here, have I heard Mark say that anyone at CSI was ever operating, even erroneously or temporarily, under the format where Ralf's withdrawal was going to give Ko a bye into the finals. If he did, I missed it and would appreciate if you can point me to it. All I have heard is "we made a mistake on the payment amount", which could be a typo, or handing him the wrong check, or anything else.

Now if part of CSI was initially operating in the belief that Ko was going to get a bye into the finals, then it would be somewhat understandable and would certainly explain everything. But Mark has never said that and I can think of no reason why he would not admit that if that is what actually occurred. That was my whole point though from my very first post, that it seemed like something like that did occur, and it would be best to just say so if it did.

And nowhere in this thread or anywhere else have I ever smeared Mark, ever.

I think Mark's response sums it up nicely.

Lou Figueroa

Ya know - there are about 5-6 posters in this thread that are coming very close to just being written off as antagonists or just plain dense.

I don't give a rats ass on your 'evidence' - you were not involved in the decision and you persist in insinuating that CSI somehow went in one direction and then changed our mind.

How about just believing what I said. Obviously you can have a different opinion. But between you and Celtic, one- stroke and now Dom-Poppa and a couple of others would make a guy go nuts.

WTF is wrong with you guys?

Ralf created an unforeseen situation - we made a logical decision. If you don't like it go do your own event.

I sure as he'll don't want you near anything that I do in the future. People like you will be the death of pool.

After we hear from Ralf, we will decide what ( if any) sanctions will occur. In the meantime start your own thread and rant among your selfs.

Maybe not so respectfully,

Mark Griffin

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And the way you play. The only reason you beat JB in one hole is because he is somehow even worse. You must be good at something but pool isn't it. That was an embarrassment.

What would that have to do with this thread?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I run 138 last summer on my home table after 3 weeks of practice just to see what I could do. Really don't get to play much straight. Broke and run 7 pack on 9 foot in 9. 12 pack in barbox 8 ball. I got Lou covered. Not everybody hates their money like John!

What does that have to do with this thread? A little ADD?

Lou Figueroa

Wow... You should go play the Open in October and "takeitdown".... Or just send your mouth and it can place in the money without the rest of you having to even be there....

Your attack on Lou pretty much was classless but based on your body of work it's to be expected... Son... Well how do I say this... You appear to be mid to late 20s without a clue in this world.... If you wanna tell me you are older... wow... is all I have to say... Comes a time to grow up.....

Chris

Chris stick to what you know...making your second rate tips and homemade chalk. The man like yourself is a shit stirrer and started with me.

I give you the 7 out in LIFE.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Louise. ..I'd break you in under 3 hours. Don't flatter yourself. I don't care if you are a keyboard warrior or not. On the table you are a lamb.

lol. There are hundreds if not thousands of players who could beat me.

Just goes to show you are not as special as you think ;-)

Lou Figueroa

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Louise. ..I'd break you in under 3 hours. Don't flatter yourself. I don't care if you are a keyboard warrior or not. On the table you are a lamb.

Is this thread about you being a chest beating table warrior or is it @ a very important development in pool? Show some maturity, this is not @ YOU.

Is this thread about you being a chest beating table warrior or is it @ a very important development in pool? Show some maturity, this is not @ YOU.

This topic has been beaten to death. There are many more pressing issues in the pool world.

That said when guys who can't play get cocky...I say bet something. Just a reflex.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on this logic! When does a player get put on the clock?

Late 5 minutes one game lose. Late 15 minutes lose match?

How is it a withdrawal? If he can just let the CSI rules regarding tardiness kick in and theoretically get the forfeit?

Ralf would argue he was eliminated by the clock and never withdrew! Got his check earlier then the official ruling as a professional courtesy!

By this format of CSI the clock tool regarding handling tardiness is undermined and creates gray area.

To not give the 15 minutes to arrive and remove before hand is counter to the history of players being put on the clock when missing an opponent!

Kd

The Wikipedia dictionary defines forfeit as "a premature end of a game".
I'm sure you would be in agreement as to when a game starts. The break.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
The Wikipedia dictionary defines forfeit as "a premature end of a game".
I'm sure you would be in agreement as to when a game starts. The break.

The definition is irrelevant! The start time is scheduled. Match begins on time. Not when balls break that is why they place players on the clock and enforce penalty for tardiness. So, no it does not start with breaking the balls.

Kd

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
No worries. You will never get to prove it because Lou's high rolling days are over. No one will back him for 10 cts against a player. I can't even get a rematch and he has 9 hours of me dogging it on video. Buddy Hall would be ashamed if he ever refused to play some one he already beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.