CSI-Mark Griffin First Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
........ WTF is wrong with you guys?

Ralf created an unforeseen situation - we made a logical decision. If you don't like it go do your own event. ................

Mark, I enjoy watching the events that you put on, thanks and good luck.

“Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
― Ziad K. Abdelnour, Economic Warfare: Secrets of Wealth Creation in the Age of Welfare Politics

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Wikipedia dictionary defines forfeit as "a premature end of a game".
I'm sure you would be in agreement as to when a game starts. The break.

The game does not have to start ,if you a scheduled to play a match and you don't make it , it's a forfeit a withdraw can be the same thing ,, in some tourneys in other sports you forfeit all your previous wins also ,, so you don't get paid anything

for·feit
ˈfôrfit/
verb
lose or be deprived of (property or a right or privilege) as a penalty for wrongdoing.
"those unable to meet their taxes were liable to forfeit their property"
antonyms: retain
noun
noun: forfeit; plural noun: forfeits
a fine or penalty for wrongdoing or for a breach of the rules in a club or game.
synonyms: penalty, sanction, punishment, penance; More
LAW
an item of property or a right or privilege lost as a legal penalty.
a game in which trivial penalties are exacted.
the action of forfeiting something.
adjective
adjective: forfeit
lost or surrendered as a penalty for wrongdoing or neglect.
"the lands which he had acquired were automatically forfeit"
Origin
Middle English (originally denoting a crime or transgression, hence a fine or penalty for this): from Old French forfet, forfait, past participle of forfaire ‘transgress,’ from for- ‘out’ (from Latin foris ‘outside’) + faire ‘do’ (from Latin facere ).

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The definition is irrelevant! The start time is scheduled. Match begins on time. Not when balls break that is why they place players on the clock and enforce penalty for tardiness. So, no it does not start with breaking the balls.

Kd

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

You can spin it anyway you want to, but the official start of any game or match is the break. Start time is irrelevant.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
No worries. You will never get to prove it because Lou's high rolling days are over. No one will back him for 10 cts against a player. I can't even get a rematch and he has 9 hours of me dogging it on video. Buddy Hall would be ashamed if he ever refused to play some one he already beat.

Above is funny, but I thought the tread was about MARK!

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
You can spin it anyway you want to, but the official start of any game or match is the break. Start time is irrelevant.

So matches never start! How can they if no balls broken. And if they never start any enforcement activity is impossible to assure they do start.

KO is still waiting for Ralf then days later since match never started! It could be delayed years based on your logic! Why give start time if not enforced and match begins with break only!

Kd

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

So, all those people put on the clock and/or penalized over the years should not have been because officially they never broke the balls and the match never started.

Kd

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So matches never start! How can they if no balls broken. And if they never start any enforcement activity is impossible to assure they do start.

KO is still waiting for Ralf then days later since match never started! It could be delayed years based on your logic! Why give start time if not enforced and match begins with break only!

Kd

Gees...went to the extreme didn't you? Start times are enforced because of what? Because the match hasn't started yet. Correct? If the balls are broken, the penalties stop. Using your example 5 min late....lose 1 game. If the rack is struck at 9 min, no more penalty. So you admitted yourself that start time penalties are enforced because the match hasn't started yet.

cuedoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the way they do it in APA league so it must be right...:thumbup: I have waited hours for guys to come out of the bathroom to play....

Last edited:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Gees...went to the extreme didn't you? Start times are enforced because of what? Because the match hasn't started yet. Correct? If the balls are broken, the penalties stop. Using your example 5 min late....lose 1 game. If the rack is struck at 9 min, no more penalty. So you admitted yourself that start time penalties are enforced because the match hasn't started yet.

You can not take enforcement action prior to the match starting!

Match begins on time and when it has begun the match officials then take the appropriate action!

Breaking balls omits the lag or coin flip!

Point being any action prior to match start is illogical! Match hasn't begun to be penalized for anything regarding the match!

Match has to start first then actions can be taken for failure to appear.

Kd

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

So, how is a game awarded as a penalty if the match has not started?

At 5 minutes score is 1 nothing but how is it 1 to nothing if match still has not started?

Kd

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No worries. You will never get to prove it because Lou's high rolling days are over. No one will back him for 10 cts against a player. I can't even get a rematch and he has 9 hours of me dogging it on video. Buddy Hall would be ashamed if he ever refused to play some one he already beat.

lol. John, repeat after me, well, actually, yourself just a little ways back in this very thread:

I am not a troll at all. I only respond. I don't bait.

Lou Figueroa

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
can someone please give me the definition of OBNOXIOUS?
:rolleyes:

From Winkopedia:

1) The act of relentlessly yakking and beating a horse to death with the inability to consider others' viewpoints. Or

2) Farting in an elevator after a chli covered burrito Or

3) Living with Pinky

:D

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I went back and I was referring to post #176 - which is actually a quote of what you had said. Poolplaya9 was the author of the new post. So I did kinda mislead - because you did not actually post.

So for that I apologize - but it just shows what I have said all along. That this crap is bad for pool. Once something is said, it is repeated and passed around. I do, however, appreciate your recent position.

I have no inclination to debate anything with anyone. I have said what happened and people can believe it or not. I refuse to let the critics cause us to stop providing the premier pool events.

Mark Griffin

Sad thing is Mark tries his best, and that is not good enough for some people.

This is like when I use to do some volunteering for an organization, and we the one who did the work. Were always criticized, or told what we need do better by those who never lifted a hand to pitch in and help.

I finally got the idea I used on the next person who came to me with an idea that created more work for the workers. I said to that person that I thought his idea had merit, I would appoint him to be the chair of the committee to implement his idea. He also was responsible for getting helpers to implement his idea.

After that reply, I got a blank stare from the guy, and the guy walked away from me. I used this technique many times over the next few years, and no one ever offer to do as I said pitch in and chair a new committee.

Point was everyone can be an armchair Quarterback, few wish to take the hit sthe real Quarterback do. Or do the work of a real Quarterback.

JMHO.

Yes I do feel sorry for Mr. Griffin.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's just truth Lou.

John, just a few months ago you thought the "truth" was that I would not show up to play.

You thought the "truth" was that I would fold under the pressure of playing for $10K on a live stream.

You thought the "truth" was that you would take all bets up to a cap of $30K on the match.

You thought the "truth" was that we'd bet $500 a game on the side.

And you thought the "truth" was that getting coached by Dennis Spears would help you beat me.

John, you obviously have no clue what the "truth" is.

Lou Figueroa
have a nice day

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's just truth Lou.

You know the man is going through some tough times with a medical issue with his family. He so stated in a previous post. As a family man you should have some damn compassion as I do and many others. While we might bark at each other we dont cross certain lines. You know better than that. Its one thing for some immature moron to come here and bark at the man but for someone who has the experience and has had to go out and defend his own family give it a rest.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just talked to Mark on the phone for about 45 minutes and he seems
like a pretty nice guy. We decided to just agree to disagree, which is fine
with me. I said what I thought and don't feel the need to continue saying
it anymore as it doesn't help the game any by doing so.

Looking at the big picture Mark does a whole lot for the players and the
game. So even though we don't agree on the Ko issue, thanks for all
you Mark Griffin do for our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.