Favorite Cuemaker (ONLY ONE!)

Vince_Former_BB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I must recuse myself from voting. Nahhhh....assuming I'm not allowed to choose Tony at Black Boar I'd have to say......With the qualifier that I'm only allowed to pick one cue for the rest of my life regardless of artistry, innovation, technology or hit......Gus. I'm a Philly boy, what can I say.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Mr. James McDermott and Associates

Providing affordable cues to the masses with exceedingly good quality for decades.

G1401-t.jpg

Lesh

Wright Shot

Sugartree Madness
Silver Member
Thats a no Brainer for me, Eric Crisp gets my vote. I only felt like crying after selling one of my cues and it was a Sugartree. Lol.

And whoever threw Meucci in with this elite list of Cuemakers needs a freaking CAT scan. I mean, really?

Chris

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
IMHO,Dennis Searing. Could possibly be the top builder on the planet.I am not saying that many others are not very very good,but Dennis's work is incredible.The quality,fit, finish,materials and methods and of course playability,are all top notch.I said it before,but,I'll say it again.Dennis is the G.Balabushka of the 21st century.And he makes a very good cup of coffee :grin:
Marc

Gilbertfan81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Andy Gilbert by far the best. Great person to work with and his work is second to none. He is the only maker ver to deliver a cue early to me :smile:

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Eric crisp of Sugartree cues, play with one and you will never regret it. If you dont have the chance to then you will prolly be saying a different cue maker :thumbup:

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I could only keep one cue out of what I have and/or have had so far - it'd be my ebony into bem Olney.

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hercek

This is a hard call none of the cue makers I have delt with have sent me something wrong. Since I let my Gus, Searing and Bender get away I'll have to go with Hercek.

Last edited:

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diviney

I bought my first cue from a custom cue maker a couple of years ago. Pat Diviney is a craftsmen and an honest gentlemen to deal with. I doubt I will look further as the 61" Custom Ebony Hustler he built me is simple and elegant to my eyes and with the 2 Lake Salvage shafts he made to my specs I have all the playing cue I will ever need. I know there are other good and honest cue makers out there. I am just spoiled after dealing with Pat.

CMarshall

D player at best
Silver Member
I know it's not a popular vote almost the huge majority of people on this board, but I've always been fond of McDermott cues. I own four now. Yea yea yea, I know…they're a production cue. I realize that. Ever since I first seriously took up playing pool in the 80's, all the best players I knew had them. I've always wanted one. Four isn't enough!

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
I'll go with everyone else and choose the cue I currently have or the cue im currently trying to sell. here's an idea, lets start a thread of the worst cue maker, the one you can care less about owning.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Jerry Rauenzahn. Great quality, great price and none of the BS lead times of the other top cue makers!

Wedge

I gotta agree...I've got three good months of shooting in on my -R-, and I have to say it's the best hitting cue I've ever owned. His craftsmanship with full splice/veneered points is second to absolutely no one...dead even points, up/down/inside/out, no glue lines, flawless. Best customer service, on time/early delivery, zero hassle. I'm pinching myself with the luck I had in "tripping" over him to make my most recent player...I had been put on others' waiting lists, and decided to give him a try. SO glad I did!!