Karl Boyes talking crap

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's Cultural

Here is the reason why Karl Boyes and every other European player on Earth hates Earl.

1) In Europe pool is considered a SPORT.
2) If it's a sport then the participants are suppose to be and act like Sportsmen. This is a big deal in Europe.
3) Earl, has on maybe two or three thousand occasions displayed un-sportsmanlike conduct.
4) Therefore, to them Earl's an asshole.

End of story.

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is getting old, everytime there is a tournament with an international field:

1. bla bla, european robots
2. yada yada should have been winners break
3. america gets knocked out early
4. JAM blames the BCA
5. All european players are paid more money than they can handle by the national olympic commitee just for getting up in the morning
6. race to 10000 svb will win every time
7. finals finished, a european player won.

+1, good post.

Your retorts are getting stale. Come with a new one, will you?

timthumb.php

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the reason why Karl Boyes and every other European player on Earth hates Earl.

1) In Europe pool is considered a SPORT.
2) If it's a sport then the participants are suppose to be and act like Sportsmen. This is a big deal in Europe.
3) Earl, has on maybe two or three thousand occasions displayed un-sportsmanlike conduct.
4) Therefore, to them Earl's an asshole.

End of story.

I think Earl's actually pretty popular over here. Moat people that dislike him seem to do so because he's rubbed them up the wrong way personally.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1, good post.

It is people like you who drive away long-time members from this forum. I had fun sweating the World Cup, but I made a mistake in thinking this forum would be worth my while. I got bigger fish to fry and nicer people to communicate with elsewhere on the Internet. Pool is cool everywhere else except here, these days. :)

Last edited:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Losing or winning gracefully requires humility. Champions have it. Karl is still young. He may still aquire this trait as time goes on. :)

He is not that young. There are many young players that take losses with grace and professionalism long before they are Karl's age.

It is a disservice to young players who have far fewer years then Karl to blame Karl's lack of professionalism and composure on "age". Loosing with grace and respect for your opponent and the game has to do with character, not age. There are many young players who prove this day in and day out. Karl could take this lesson from players far younger than he.

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is not that young. There are many young players that take losses with grace and professionalism long before they are Karl's age.

It is a disservice to young players who have far fewer years then Karl to blame Karl's lack of professionalism and composure on "age". Loosing with grace and respect for your opponent and the game has to do with character, not age. There are many young players who prove this day in and day out. Karl could take this lesson from players far younger then he.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this topic, obviously much better than I did. I hope you don't get attacked because of it.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this topic, obviously much better than I did. I hope you don't get attacked because of it.

People can attack me all they want, I am not known for being soft on the counterattack. :)

RedEyeJedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought he was reasonably polite, but perhaps I missed what we're referring to here. I believe he guest commentated one of USA's matches and gave great respect to Earl. I mean, he acknowledged the friction between them (and pretty much every other player on Earth without the ability to turn down their hearing aid), but he still gave credit where it was due.

If he pulled half the things Earl does on a daily basis in even one match, I don't think he'd get away with it nearly as well. I feel as bad for Earl every time I watch him play as I feel astonished by the sometimes flawless manner in which he plays. Seeing someone of genius ability so fragile that they could be destroyed by the slightest rolls makes me sad; makes me wish he had instead been talented at something where luck and the pool gods didn't so often come into play, or even that he'd taken up 14.1 instead of 9-ball in some alternate reality.

I guess I don't blame him for his self-destructive desire for perfection. He has more of a chance at attaining it than mere mortals.

On a side note, I thought Karl and Chris were the most interesting and informed commentators of the whole tournament. Their thoughts were lucid and accurate, reminding me much of the great Billy Incardona, whereas the 'voices' seemed a bit lost on modern tactics and safety play in particular.

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched 90% of the tournament, and Boyes was a model sportsman.

To me, when I see Orcollo walking like a frog around the table after
a win, I think," What level of education does this PROFESSIONALS have?"

This pro pool player has won a lot of tournaments, but he acts like he's never beer there!

Say what you want, but if I play someone, and he beats me in a very tight race, and he struts and acts like Orcollo.....I want to.....ummmmmh!!! :(

Just sayin.!

I'm I the only one who feels this way?

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This pro pool player has won a lot of tournaments, but he acts like he's never beer there!

Say what you want, but if I play someone, and he beats me in a very tight race, and he struts and acts like Orcollo.....I want to.....ummmmmh!!! :(

Just sayin.!

I feel the exact same way when I see players jumping up onto and standing on the pool table.

liakos

Banned
Ya know, this is the one time I would back up Mike dechaine if he sent a nice message to Karl and said something along the lines,,,"hey Karl, seeing you like to talk a lot, why don't we play some cheap 5k sets? Maybe you can show me a thing or 2!"

Then they can play so Mike can drill his ass back across the pond!

If you want to have the attitude,,, hope you can back it up bud;) Mike has an attitude,,,, but he can back it up! Especially at Karl! Don't get me wrong, Karl is a fine player, but not at Mike's caliber!!

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I think Karl did not know about Earl's illness! Pretty hard not to react when on the receiving side. I have never seen him behave poorly with anyone but earl! So, until earl gets earl under control, he needs to expect some blow back and his fans as well!!!

This thread is a witch hunt that is undeserved.
When you have to play a great player with a illness that manifest itself in their behavior, you are placed in between a rock and a hard place!

Any other sport would force him to take his medicine or provide a doctors note. If medicine can't control his issues then some type of ban until he gets medical clearance.

Kd

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not a huge Boyes fan. That being said, I don't recall Karl showing any disrespect to anyone but Earl. Pretty much originated at Mosconi 2013. And Earl deserved it. Thereis a time where you have to get over it and move on. On Earls behalf, I would say he was very composed at the world cup. Was there an interview after the Europe victory over the USA? The video ended before there was one. I would be curious what was said.

RedEyeJedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just sayin.!

I always notice Orcollo's frog-walk, haha. When I saw him walking down a hall in Vegas a few months ago, he wasn't doing it, I was very disappointed. :grin-square:

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is people like you who drive away long-time members from this forum. I had fun sweating the World Cup, but I made a mistake in thinking this forum would be worth my while. I got bigger fish to fry and nicer people to communicate with elsewhere on the Internet. Pool is cool everywhere else except here, these days. :)

Thanks for proving my point.

BWColeman

BWC
Silver Member
Earl is the John McEnroe of pool either loved or hated , and known for his outbursts or even his lack of them in some occasions .

I think Earl is arguably one of the best 9 ball players to ever pick up a cue

Also he gets on my every nerve with his rants but that's who Earl is

Karl Boyes would need the 6 out when it comes to crazy compared to Earl

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Karl did not know about Earl's illness! Pretty hard not to react when on the receiving side. I have never seen him behave poorly with anyone but earl! So, until earl gets earl under control, he needs to expect some blow back and his fans as well!!!

This thread is a witch hunt that is undeserved.
When you have to play a great player with a illness that manifest itself in their behavior, you are placed in between a rock and a hard place!

Any other sport would force him to take his medicine or provide a doctors note. If medicine can't control his issues then some type of ban until he gets medical clearance.

Kd

Illness?

Earl said something along the lines of, "I'm the best there is and everyone is coming to get me." This was said before the game against England A.

If I'm sick, then I play! Obviously Earl was feeling OK to give Shane the "stink eye" after his bad shot against England A. The best play hurt! No excuses!

If you watched the match you could see the friction between our two player. This is all Earl's fault!!

Shane is the #1 player in the world and you have a "house pro" telling him where to put the ball!?

In my opinion, Earl is a great singles player. He should not ever be a team player representing the United States of America!, until he's won numerous events throughout the previous year.

A better "team" player could have been chosen. Earl,.......until he gets out on the "tour" and wins tournaments, should stay off of the Mosconi Cup Team, and any team that represents theUnited a states of America!

Earl is not a good team player. Period.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Illness?

Yes he has a real illness!

It was mentioned during his matchroom special and several insiders have confirmed. It was allude that it is behavior in nature. It explained a lot of the antics.

Now, don't some here feel awful jumping on a ill man. I sure did! I thought it was malicious! Only to find out it is illness related. He gets a pass from me ever since.

He needs his medicine and skips it when he thinks it effects his play. Just causes strange behavior when not on them, I noticed! Well behaved with Shane watching out and keeping him calm.

Kd